Who are the best High School Girls Players

LBQuarterbackClub

The Mav ---- This is about High School Players !!!!!!!! it asks "Who are the best High School Girls Players" High School,High School,High School, not college. Maybe you should start a new topic"who are the best High School girls players and where did they go to college and how did they do when they were there" yeah I think that would about cover it. Ok now Im really tired of this subject, i cant beleive I clicked on this post again,shame on me. Good day everyone.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shotmaker,

Try Lipitor, it may help with that blood pressure.

I was referring to girls who played high school basketball in Tennessee in my post, but agreed with Arnwine that their success at the next level is a better indicator of their ability, high school or otherwise, because it shows their true ability against GOOD competition. Many decent basketball players can look like world beaters against weak competition, but that's not what I think this thread is about. I wasn't aware that you had been named coacht sheriff with regard to interpreting the True and only meaning behind each thread. Forgive me O' maker of shots.

The first post asked for good players from each school, not necessarily All-Americans. I wouldnt have put the 2 I listed on an all time great players in the state thread even though they were good. I am enjoying reading about a lot of these, I have seen more than I thought I had after seeing their names and being reminded. I think Julie Powell might be the best I saw in person while they were in high school..and about Meigs, they also had a very good underrated guard, I think her name was Pam Irwin.

Just for the record Kara Sanders was recruited by Alabama,Ole Miss,Kentucky,N.C. State and many other D-1 schools. She decided to go stay at home and play for Freed Hardeman University where she started for 4 years and got to play 40 minutes a game .They went to the NAIA Nationals all 4 years.They had never been before.They finished in the final four one year.In AAU when the game was close they would isolate Her and let her go one on one.Didn't see anyone stop her.She was decent I guess.Maybe not the best ever at her high school (Mcelhiney).But top 50 ever in state Probably.Most atheletic girl from Gleason?Probably. :rolleyes:

Shotmaker, I agree with Mav.

I AM talking about high school players, one of my top 5 did almost nothing in college.

Thanks for the reminder about Rachel from Meigs County (Yes, she was better than Greene) and I must have had a brain freeze to forget Nikki McCray!

Shotmaker, many of you guys only watch high school basketball for a few years (usually while your kids are in school) I have been watching high school ball for longer than you've probably been alive.

I also think you're a little frustrated. This is a GREAT TOPIC, and what is good about COACHT. The sharing of old info. Not dissing your enemy.

I also want to clarify my posistion about Kara Sanders, I would love to have had this young lady on my teams, and think she was GREAT. Not being in my top 50 means zero, too a player like KARA.

Kara, if your listening, tell your relatives I'm sorry if I offended them, I think you are the stuff, and I wish you well!

I agree with all that I have read on this topic but would have to add one that I have not seen mentioned. I am going back a very long way with this one but some of you may remember her. I never saw her play in person but I have seen a couple of videos of her playing for Nashville Business College. Nera White from Macon County would have to be one of the greatest high school players of all time in the state. I know Nera and she is a very quiet, unassuming person. To this day, she humbly accepts any award that she receives and I believe that a demeanor like that is also considered as a mark of a special high school basketball player.