York's Ross Twins Quit

classof98

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes the Ross twins did quit. I heard it from another player on Yorks team. But I didn't get the information about why they quit? That will defn. hurt York's team. I also heard something about the York girls transferring. Is this true? We wouldn't mind them up in Livingston. :)

TheAnswer9 Why, in today's society, is QUITTING accepted?? More so, do parent's encourage it?? I know myself, I NEVER wanted to be labeled a quitter and always stuck it out!! ...

Before you make comments about someone quitting, you might need to know the situation. They did not quit, the coach asked for them to turn in their jerseys!!

They coach and/or athletic director had got wind that after the year was up the they were going to transfer them. The athletic director called up the father to request an official meeting between them and the coach. He said he couldn't at the time and they insisted. The school forced the issue. They would not let them know what the meeting was about. They showed up and found out! The parents would not have let them quit even if they wanted to. They asked, "if they where going to transfer" and they said," they did not think that he could develop them into the players they were capable of being". coach said that he could use the next four weeks to develop his younger players. They said it's your team, what do you want, he asked for their jerseys. The girls did not want to finish their season this way. They were hoping for a run at the state.

These girls are hard workers, if they would have opened the gym for them to shoot this summer, I guarentee that they would have been there early and left late. They worked out four days a week at 5:30 in the morning on their own, plus did the coaches off-season training in the afternoon. They where usually one of the last to leave practice and top of everything they did when working out. Didn't complain.

Nobody is to blame but the athletic director and the coach for having this meeting. They forced the issue and hurt the team, the school, and the girls. They should be taking the blame.

No, the parents were not happy, but they did not go to the coach complaining. They helped in the boosters, donated money, they were part of the team. They simply were not happy with the development of the girls and the team. ???But you never know if they would have transferred without the nudge of the A.D. and the Coach??? People say things when they are frustrated, the worst thing that could of happen is to call a meeting, not let them know what it is about, then make accusations. Looks to me like they want a one man show. There are some classy girls on this team, and I think that the school owed the seniors more than that to force this issue. I wish the best to the team, they have some good girls that deserved better.

I guess the girls don't have a choice but to transfer now, best of luck to them no matter where they end up.

The Ross twins may have not quit this time but they did on the last two AAU teams

on which they played because of similar concerns mainly by the parents and this was done in midseason also.Don't you think the coach and the AD had reasonable concern knowing the history of the family coupled with the fact they seem to always let it be known that they are unhappy? Someone had to leak the transfer info. They seem to be very nice young ladies and decent players but if they think either can be coached to be of the caliber of BB they are mistaken.Both of the AAU

teams went to the nationals.