Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be...

livingston

McMinn Central

Oliver Springs

Seymour

Gibson Co.

Westview

I don't know about the other two, but i think those 6 will be there. I know this will start a fight, but I think Jackson may get upset this year by Livingston in region, and then by McMinn Central at Central...that is just a prediction, means nothing though. I can't wait until March gets here though. It will be here before we know it!

The region isn't as strong as the district. As a matter of fact, I would say the top four teams in District 5AA will probably be the top four teams in that region tournament as well.

I wouldn't go so far as to say all of the teams in District 5AA will make it to the Regional Semi-Finals. It happened last year(2003) but this is a different year with more experienced teams. The "Lady Rams" will surprise a few teams this year. Same thing happened in Memphis when they were the runner-up to Kirby in the Dragon Fire Tournament. They beat quality AAA teams(Bartlett, Cordova) before losing in the Finals to Kirby. Just last weekend they went to Atlanta and beat a 4A and a 5A team. Currently they are 17-1 and 8-0 in District 6AA(this is the first year since moving up from Region 3-A).

I said all that to say this: Region 3-AA will have a totally different flavor this year. As for making it to the 'Boro, we will just have to wait and anticipate!!!

I agree with gcounty5. OS has to make it out of region first...they need to go into regions avoiding Seymour. If they do that and don't get upset by Alcoa or AE, they will have to get by South Greene or PF. Don't count either out. PF has been up and down, but they have some good numbers, and this may be the year for South Green. Look at last year, OS was planning on going but....

Isn't this great for all of us to be discussing ? Last year everyone thought OS was a shoe in for the boro but we all must realize we have districts, regions, and sub-state to go through first, and I can guarantee you the girls & coaches of OS have that front & center on their agenda. 1 game @ a time. Why isn't anyone talking about Elizabethton ? There are undefeated in district play. Just wondering ?

GO LADYCATS !!!!!!

I agree with gcounty5. OS has to make it out of region first...they need to go into regions avoiding Seymour. If they do that and don't get upset by Alcoa or AE, they will have to get by South Greene or PF. Don't count either out. PF has been up and down, but they have some good numbers, and this may be the year for South Green. Look at last year, OS was planning on going but....

I thought OS just had "ONE" team to get by!!!!!