Best coach

scbballfreak

Insell is the only one that should be mentioned in the same breath as Jim Brown and Lamar Rogers, there records (facts)  speak for themselves, the other two you mentioned only because your from east tn.  Both are good coaches but don't have the titles to back up their records as these three do.

Insell -  6 state championships, 4 in a row at one point.

Brown - in a 5 year period 5 straight championship games 1 silver 4 in a row and counting

Lamar Roger - Winningest active coach in high school basketball 6 state championships.

Nothing speaks louder than facts, and you can't argue with facts.  You can say well i think mine is better but facts are facts! end of discussion! ;)

Only ones in the same breath? What is David Russell's record? Bradford has no stop lights in it, and what is Coach Roger's record when he coaches against Russell head to head? Both have done a great job, but how do you say one is not even mentioned with the other?

Edited by cdt

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the reason i didnt put jackson counties coach on there is because i didnt know his name. And lets give up on the Shelbyville recruiting thing i mean come on. Nobody has any proof that he does, although i will admit it is a little suspicious, but just drop it. anyway, yes i am from east tennessee, and thats why i had those coahes, if i knew more about middle and west i would put more, but now i do. thanks flem and everybody else.

Go Bearettes!

Devil,

I read your post and I agree with you on all of it. I must apologize because I had always thought Jackson County was a bigger place. You can't judge on one game because I 've only seen J.C. once a couple years ago in the Rick Lange tournament at Farragut but we talked about how well coached they were. I was really impressed. As a matter of fact they beat Oak Ridge that night pretty easy.

Devil,

I read your post and I agree with you on all of it. I must apologize because I had always thought Jackson County was a bigger place. You can't judge on one game because I 've only seen J.C. once a couple years ago in the Rick Lange tournament at Farragut but we talked about how well coached they were. I was really impressed. As a matter of fact they beat Oak Ridge that night pretty easy.

Thanks for the nice reply, i think alot of people are like yourself, in that Jackson County is so dominant that they believe we must have atleast a big town or small city to draw from but we have nothing like that, very small Community and that is why we are suppose to drop down to Class A in 2005, we are just way to small in AA in every sport besides girls basketball. I do remember that game, Miss Nike Player of the Year Andrea Davidson schooled some of Oak Ridge's finest. We have been very fortunate to have Coach Brown and still are, some of the teams we have won with have been average at best as far as talent is concerned, but somehow he made them believe they could beat anybody and they have! As for all the other coaches, i am sure they are all great coaches. :angry:

Many of the best coaches, In my opinion also have the best players. Good coaches are important in developing talent and teaching the game. But without any talent the greatest coach in the world would still get beat. All of the best coaches mentioned have had some pretty special players.

Too many people on this thread and site confuse having talent and great coaching. A good coach can only take a team so far. Another thing I hate is when people accuse quality programs of recruiting. The point is that players want to play for winners. If your program is strong, players will do what they need to do to play for your school!! Success breeds Success!!