Chattanooga Top Ten

mtnman

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Falcon, it was just a joke... the way you take offense to it, actually makes me think ya'll must have done something... ya'll played extremely physical, but theres nothing wrong with that.... you need to loosen up a bit

and noone said you personally did anything cheap... youre a good player... thats why all the Ooltewah people always liked you, especially those who went to Hunter... and yeah i did play...not alot that game cause I tore my knee up, 2 games pryor

And yeah... youre correct that coach did scream alot that game... most of the players hated playing for him anyway, heres a question... how come boyd isn't any good nowadays?? (ooltewahs not much better but still) is it because parents that used to take their kids out of ooltewah schools and over to boyd are now taking the to notre dame, mccallie and wherever else

Edited by stayNskool

i didnt really care.. i just rmember some ooltewah people were heated up about hte game last year and kept saying we cheated...u probably werent one of them i dont think...it was probably just a fan anyways b/c most of the players were cool and i grew up with...

and about the question about boyd being horrible now...i have no clue...some days i actually wish i went to ooltewah over boyd. i guess more football players are going to boyd now days...and ya mccalie and them are probably getting the better players now even though out of my 4 years in high school we only beat a divison 2 school once...adn that was my mccallie the year they won state my freshmen year :D

How is ooltewah lookin this year? i know they have that one dude that signed with King...is that all they have?

Edited by Falcon777

Ooltewah should be pretty solid this season. Last year they had the talent to win their district easily, and make a run at Regions, but the Seniors players admittedly didn't care at all.

The player who is sceduled to sign with King College is Criss Golden. He is a really good player with plenty of skill, pace and field vision... the only thing he lacks is size which is something the Owls will definitely be lacking this season. They should ahve a really great Sweeper/Goalkeeper combination in Jason Bennet(Sw) and Jeremy Williams(GK)... Bennett is a senior who was built to play sweeper, but played stopper, midfield and forward in his previous 3 seasons at Ooltewah. However last season in his lone appearance at sweeper he shut down the Dalton offense until he was pushed back into his regular role of Defensive midfieldand Dalton went ona scoring barage. The Goalkeeper is only a Sophomore and really shined last season when he took over for Blake Evans late in the season. Jeremy really has the potential to be something else. They are very young all over the rest of the field with Golden being the only other standout player(more than likely playing LW). They have a couple other seniors who while they are not star players are solid and should plug the holes on the rest of the field, Micah Moss plays club soccer on Goldens team and can be better than just good if he can control his temper and pass a little more(absolutely wicked shot if he can get it off).... One player to look to have a breakout season would be Matt Lowe. He is only a Sophomore, but has good size(6'0, 175) and great speed a leaping ability. Look for Criss Golden to be sending crosses his way in the box for several goals this season. Lowe also has the ability to run at players one on one and win everytime, When partnered with another sophomore in Michael Spence look for both of them to turn all of last years close goals into actual goals... all he needs is a little help from his teamates and these guys could really suprise some people. There are a few solid players who can play such as Luke Gawthrup, who I have only seen in scrimmages, but have the ability to be better than average players if playing in the team concept doesn't inhibit them.

Sorry for the long winded version but you asked haha