bob77

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, as well, am a little bias of Laura Hall, but seeing her play every game it's hard not to vote her ms basketball. I cannot say many good things about Brooke Johnson, except that she is an excellent free throw shooter for her size, but Johnson is just a big body that most high school teams aren't use to. Out of the many times I have seen her play, she has never pulled an 18 ft jump shot in anyones face. L. Train(Laura) is a small gaurd, smaller then most gaurds in TN., and she is still a play maker. With her were a great team, without her were a middle of the road team. She is a leader. She has also been in the running for Ms. Basketball since her sophmore year. The question is not who will get Ms. Basketball, but who will be the close 2nd? Your defending all-state point guard will get Ms. Basketball.

There is no question Laura Hall is AA MIss Basektball.

Her cat like quickness and speed, lethel shooting, playmaking abilty, and slashing style, and dazzingl ball handling abilities makes her the most complete guard in the state.

IF OS needs it, Laura Hall Delivers. The other three are phenomenal, but are closer to one or two deminsonal players unlike Hall who can do it all on the basektball court.

If she needs to pass, Hall passes as her sophomore assists per game was over 7.

If she needs to score, Laura scores as evidenced by here 23ppg las year.

This year, Laura and OS have had a relatively easy district games, so her stats are down with minimal playing time compared to last year. In the big games, she shows up with vengence.

Sophomore

AA ALL STATE and led OS to state tourney

Junior

AA ALL STATE

AP ALL Classifications ALL STATE ( top 5 player)

Senior

AA Miss Basektball?

Again, all four would make amazing selections. The sad situation is one get left off when the nominations come out as only three make the cut. ALl four play on teams capable of winning the state chamionship, so maybe what teams advance the furthest should win the award.

I agee that all 4 mentioned are worthy of the award. What I don't understand is that when they have to be narrowed down, why is Hensley left out. She has played at another level this year, and there is no way she should be left out. The award is for performance this season, not what they have done in the past. Hall did average 23 a game last year, but that was last year. Beechboard may have outplayed Hensley head to head last year, but not this year. Hall and Beechboard were finalists last year, but that does not mean they are automatically finalists this year. Johnson has put up huge numbers this year, but against a weaker schedule that Jackson County. Jackson County has played the toughest scedule in the state this year, and Hensley has outplayed most.

Clarkrange - 21 Livingston - 16, 23

Shelbyville - 21 Smith Co. - 27, 18

Dyer Co. - 20 Socastee, SC - 21

Hume Fogg - 30 Nitro WV - 21

Cookeville - 20, 16 Dreher, SC - 21

Miami Senior FL - 20 Brentwood Academy - 17

Greeneville - 18 Upperman 11, 17

These are the points that she has put up against some VERY GOOD teams this year. She also leads her team in rebounds and assists. There is no way she should be left out of the finalist list, she has proved she is at least one of the top 3 basketball players in AA this year. She may not be the best athlete, but I think she is the best basketball player. :lol:

Edited by bob77

The only common opponent that Hall and Hensley have are Livingston. Hall scored 27 in a win and 24 in a loss.

I agree that Hall is deserving, it will be hard to leave one out.

The game Hensley had 16 against Livingston her team only had 33 in a low scoring game. I have not seen Johnson play, but I think the finalists should be Hall, Hensley and Beechboard. They have all played agaist the best and performed.

Edited by bob77

If she needs to pass, Hall passes as her sophomore assists per game was over 7.

If she needs to score, Laura scores as evidenced by here 23ppg las year.

Sophomore

AA ALL STATE and led OS to state tourney

Junior

AA ALL STATE

AP ALL Classifications ALL STATE ( top 5 player)

Senior

AA Miss Basektball?

This is what has nothing to do with the Miss Basketball discussions. I agree that Hall has had an impressive carrer. But Hensley has too, but I leave that out of this discussion:

Freshman: AA state champion, 12 ppg off the bench of a very loaded team. Uppercumberland Freshman of the Year (Over Beechboard) 7AA Freshman of the Year (Over Beechboard), 3rd team all-district, all district tournament, all region tournament, all state tournament. All this was with Miss Basketball Andrea Davison on the team.

Sophmore: AA state champion, 12 ppg with another loaded team. 2nd team all district (very loaded districtl; Christian, Davidson, Blankenship, Baltimore, ) all district, region and state tournament. Played with Miss Basketball again in Davidson.

Junior: AA state champion, MVP this time. 16 ppg on another loaded team. 1st team all Uppercumberland, District and TSWA all state. All district tournament, region tournament MVP and another all state tournment with MVP.

Senior: AA Miss Basketball? I hope so, I think she deserves it, but all that stuff above is in the past, this year is what matters and she has performed.

Edited by bob77