bob77

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hensley or Beechboard.. I had the opportunity to watch both of these ladies play in the state tournament last year.. Looking to do so again.. Hopefully both Livingston and Jackson Co. will get back to the big dance.. It's really a fun time of the year with tournaments starting that we seperate the contenders from the pretenders..

Either player would be well deserving of Miss Basketball..

if this just an individual that never wins a state championship but scores 20 a night then it goes to Beechboard.If it goes to someone that has 17 a game and wins 4 striaght state championships then it goes to hensley.you pick!!!!!!!!!  something jusy dont add up.even though Beechboard is pretty dont make her miss basketball!!!!

it does in my book..... go beech

Edited by ethiopian19

Well, I have tried to resist posting on this topic because it is very subjective to who you are a fan of. If you are from Jackson County you are more than likely going to vote for Marissa Hensley, if you are from OS then you are going to vote for Laura Hall, and if you are from Livingston you are going to support Katrina. First, I would say that there are about three or four more girls that should be on this list but you have to have 3 finalists and that is unfortunate. Let me say from experience that just being nominated is an honor that many basketball players dream about from the time they start shooting the roundball. I have seen Hall, Hensley and Beechboard play this year and the question I pose to you is who has been the most valuable to their respective teams? All three of these girls are very good high school basketball players and will continue on and have successful careers in college, but who has made their team the best team this year. I know Marissa has helped her team to 3 consecutive state championships and that alone is simply outstanding and deserves recognition but as was stated on here earlier, this award is for this YEAR and not in the past. She is an outstanding player and does a lot of things that makes her team good but as you can see in some of JC's losses this year, sometimes just one girl isn't enough. I watched Katrina play some last year and then have watched her play all year this year and I can say that she truly makes her Lady Wildcats an oustanding team. Last season it was kind of like Marissa this year, Katrina almost did it all, she tried to do all the scoring, rebounding, etc., and it just wasn't enough. LA couldn't take it all the way simply because she was trying to do it all. However, I have seen a different Katrina Beechboard this year. She has taken on a role of being a leader on the floor and making her teammates better players. Thurman, Handy, Baltimore, Thompson are all very good players but if they all didn't play together then they wouldn't be 27-3 this year. Katrina has still scored like a Miss Basketball should but she hasn't taken the spotlight every night like she did last year and I think that's the reason the Lady Cats are prime to win it all this year. She has made her case to me and proved that she is definately deserving of this award. I am sure that there are many girls that deserve it, but Katrina has help put Livingston Academy at the top this year so in my view, the 2004 Class AA Miss Basketball is Livingston Academy's Katrina Beechboard. Most of us don't get to vote in the TSSAA voting so it doesn't matter what we think but it's always fun to talk about it.

This will probably get a lot of negative comments back, but it is just an opinion. Brooke Johnson is an excellent basketball player with a very bright future, so don't get me wrong. Something to ponder is this: How many points and rebounds does she get per night just because she is 6'4"? Can she take over a game when she has to have someone get her the ball?

These other 3 young ladies are a 5'10" post who handles the ball a lot, a 5'11" wing/post who handles the ball in the open floor better than a lot of point guards, and a 5'5" point guard who controls most games she plays on both ends of the court. No one should be punished because they are tall, but it seems that these other ladies must work a little harder to achieve their goals. This would seem to make their stats more impressive. Also, they all 3 can decide a game by having to make a play the full length of the court. They do not have the luxury of just going down to the block, putting up a hand, and having someone throw them the ball. Some might say, "what about the double and triple teams," but the others are often double teamed as well, without being head and shoulders above the defenders.

All 4 of these young ladies are worthy candidates, and all would deserve to win. This was just something to think about, and to stir the pot some more!! :D