5A in 2004

FHSrebel27

I agree, but remember that the Cross twins & Kirn are all wrestlers - amazing how well they tackle. Watch out for Tim Leach - he will be a beast after wrestling for one year!

Hmmm amazing to me is that OK State Football Champions tend to be the same at the OK State Wrestling Championships... wonder if there is a connection here....

Edited by sundancer

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now you should know that Johnson would give you answers like that! He is a good man and a great coach. The guys really do love playing for him. Let's see what he can pull out of his bag of tricks for this coming season. It should be a good one!

I must have missed this post... Coach J is truly a great guy, you are right. I think FHS will have another banner year. I say we'll be this past year's Germantown. Bold prediction this early but there are a few similarities. In 2002, Germantown lost in the semis at home and then graduated something like 27 seniors. In 2003, Franklin lost in the semis at home and then graduated something like 20-25 seniors. Just something to think about...

GO REBS!

Eh, i have to disagree with you Rebel27. As of now, they have no quarterback, and the one that they're looking to come in is completely untested and hasn't played in a year. They lost their entire line, receiver corps, and much of the defense. Frankly, I don't think they'll be horrible, but i just don't see what talent they have that could allow them to be another Germantown. Tell me why I'm wrong, cause I don't think I am.

Eh, i have to disagree with you Rebel27. As of now, they have no quarterback, and the one that they're looking to come in is completely untested and hasn't played in a year. They lost their entire line, receiver corps, and much of the defense. Frankly, I don't think they'll be horrible, but i just don't see what talent they have that could allow them to be another Germantown. Tell me why I'm wrong, cause I don't think I am.

Let me take this one ...

LT- Chaz Pace 6'3 210 ( will be 230 by 8/1)

LG- Ben Seale 6'2 225

C - Ben Cross 6'2 215

RG- Carl Gilliam 6'0" 200

RT- Tim Leach 6'2" 270 (3 yr starter)

TE - Dawson Bryant 6'1" 210

Slot- Forrest Hallmark 6'1" 185

Defense...we're loaded with Kirn, Hotard, Bryant, Plummer, Leach, Pace, Cross, Mikrete, Gilliam, Seale, Waters, etc.

Look for Juniors Pace, Cross and Mikrete to put alot of pressure on Seniors Hotard, Bryant, and Plummer for LB/DE spots....should be fun to watch!

The QB will undoubtedly be Derrian Waters, can throw a ball 40 yards on a rope and can run over people. Derrick Anderson may prove to be one of the best running backs seen in Williamson County in recent history, but don't think he'll play QB.

I don't think Jordan Pritchett and John Hewitt are Joe Bell and Ryan Nichols but don't sell them short either. They have plenty of desire and heart and they will beat people to the ball!

While Joe Bell is a special kind of speedster, some of his runs on special teams could have just as well been made by others, meaning that the wall was there for anyone to run behind!

The team to beat in Williamson County, other than the Rebels....Centennial. Watch out this could be the year they upset Brentwood and maybe even my own Rebels!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

I agree with a lot of what BDD says. The D will be solid. The offense is my concern but I have confidence in the coaching staff to get them ready to play by Week 0. It'll be a fun preseason (and I'll be here for that! ;) ) as the Rebs prepare to make another great run.

This will be the year CHS defeats Brentwood. No running plays with the ball and under a minute to go this year. They could very well beat Franklin, too, but I doubt it. Look for continued success over on Mallory Lane.

• 3 weeks later...

QB position for the Rebels is still the ONLY Queston mark. I don't think you'll see Waters at QB, I hear Coach Nowell is planning on taking another fine athlete under his wing who can toss the ball pretty well and work him into a fine QB. Similar question for the Rebels last year, and we all know how that turned out with Solima.

Some other names that are resurrecting at FHS are Trey McKissak (SP), and Shamrock. Shamrock has great speed and McKissak lays the lumber.

Most will see this year as a rebuilding year - I prefer to say we are just reloading.

The past two years have built a winning attitude at FHS, and built PRIDE into these young men. The seniors in the fall have all grown up in this winning attitude, but are not satisfied with the accomplishments of the past two years. The work is getting done in the weight room, and the classroom. THis group will be ready!

i think the region will come down to brentwood, franklin or centennial. all teams lost A LOT after this past years graduation so i think it is still in the air and noone will really know how good each team is until the middle of the season when they all have learned to play together and play as a team. centennial will turn some heads definitely this year so if ur going to overlook them, sorry ur gonna lose (trust me almost happened to us) franklin i believe wont be as good as their team last year, they just lost way to much and i know they have good players comin up but they lack depth and experience to make a long run, but dont get me wrong they will be a contender and a good team, and brentwood i believe will be solid as always, they have a lot of talent comin back and coach crawford has some good players to work with, they lost a total of 8 starters on offense and 8 on defense so hard to replace those kinda numbers but dont doubt crawford and his ability to get the best out of these guys it should be a fun and exciting year in region 6-5a

Don`t count out the teams from region 1,both DB and Jeff Co will have pretty good teams coming back.Players like RB Arron Carson,RB Chris Shiverdecker,LB Daniel Green,O-linemen Jason Yeary, and WR Shane Acuff will be the top talent out of Jeff Co.Not to mention WR Lamon Williams,QB Duran Ferguson,and Matt McMillan are just a few of the talented players who will be playing for DB this year.

GO PATRIOTS

Edited by JC4life

CBarkley

I was OK with your list of "Great Teams", although I would question your metric for defining great; however you lost credibility in your list when you included Clarksville and Kenwood. In the past 2 seasons those programs have fallen well short of great, even to the point of falling below good. Bot teams have gotten drilled by Franklin, Brentwood, and Dickson County the past two years along other 5A "Great Teams".

Hope they become more competittve for their school, their community, their coaches and themselves. UNtil they do, I struggle with including them on that list of "Great Teams".