East Tenn. TMSAA Small School Sectional (Girls)

dougb110

I posted this info for the boys tournamnet this morning and just thought it wouldn't hurt to do the same for the girls...

Please post any results you know as soon as you can so we can all stay up to speed.

Brackets for this tournament (boys and girls) can be found on the Huntsville Middle Schools website at http://www.scottcounty.net/huntsville/hms/

I don't think this is anything official, but they seem pretty accurate so far.... If anyone knows a website that has "official" brackets maybe you could post it here.

Here's what we seem to know about the boys sectional tournament (again, un-official, I repeat....DO NOT PLAN ANYTHING BASED ON THIS INFO, GO BY YOUR OFFICIAL SOURCES):

I may try to keep info in this post updated, I will color anything I update to blue, so you can see what's new....

Sub-Sectionals

Sub 1 Wearwood (A3/2) vs Sullivan (A1/3) - Sullivan

Sub 2 Pittman Center (A3/3) vs University(A1/2) - Pittman Center 25 to 23 OT

Sub 3 Huntsville (A2/2) vs Harriman (A4/3) Huntsville 29-21

Sub 4 Eagleton (A4/2) vs Oakdale (A2/3) - Oakdale 47-46 OT

Note: the Area 1 championship is supposed to be played Thursday night.

Quarter Finals - Tuesday 2/17/04 at Caton's Chapel School

Quarter Final 1 - Oliver Springs (A4/1) vs Sullivan (A1/3) - Oliver Springs 35-26

Quarter Final 2 - Oneida (A2/1) vs Pittman Center (A3/3) - Oneida 44-33

Quarter Final 3 - Caton's Chapel (A3/1) vs Huntsville (A2/2) - Huntsville 35-34

Quarter Final 4 - Rogersville City (A1/1) vs Oakdale (A2/3) - Rogersville City 29-23

Semi-Finals - Thursday 2/19/04 at Caton's Chapel School

Semi 1 - Oliver Springs vs Oneida - Oliver Springs 32-27

Semi 2 - Huntsville vs Rogersville City - Rogersville City 41-20

Championship - Saturday 2/21/04 at Caton's Chapel School

Oliver Springs vs Rogersville City - Rogersville City 35-33

Edited by dougb110

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone emailed me results for Area 1 finals and a couple of subs as follows:

1st seed girls: Rogersville City School

2nd seed girls: University Middle School

3rd seed girls: Sullivan Middle School

1st seed boys: Holston Middle School

2nd seed boys: Rogersville City School

3rd seed boys: Sullivan Middle School

Results from 2/14 @Catons Chapel

University Middle Girls lost to Pittman Center girls

Sullivan Middle girls defeated Wearwood girls

Rogersville City boys defeated wearwood boys

Sullivan Middle boys lost to Catons Chapel

Someone emailed me the following from last night:

Oliver Springs 35 Sullivan 26

Rogersville 29 Oakdale 23

Oneida 44 Pittman Center 33

Huntsville 35 Caton's Chapel 34

So the finals are set!

Semi 1 - Oliver Springs vs Oneida

Semi 2 - Huntsville vs Rogersville City

Any predictions? I believe both O.S. and Rogersville are undefeated on the season..

Edited by dougb110

Heard some of the comments after the Oneida vs. Pittman game, some fans were dissatisfied with the OMS win. One guy came up to the coach and said, you guys played awful. Oneida wasn't particularly sharp last night, but everyone on the team got a chance to play and the outcome was hardly in doubt. How many teams at this level ring up 46 points, and still have to undergo negative comments from its fans. I know the coach took two teams to the TSSAA State Tournament in the three years he coached high school ball. Seems like he would be more appreciated for the efforts he gets out of a young and a bit under sized ball club. Good win last night Ladies, because a W gives you another night to play! Just my 2 cents, dudes. ;):lol:

Edited by kazam37

It doesn't matter if a team wins by 75, 20, 5, or 1 in quadruple overtime and everyone, none, 5, 10 or 12 players play, someone (particulary parents) are going to complain. My advice to the coach. Ignore everyone, except the players, and do not try to please everyone because it is virtually impossible. Congrats to the OMS Indians and the OSMS Bobcats. It should be a good game.

What time does that match-up between Oliver Springs and Oneida get started??

It's sad when parents get involved and knowing the way a certain parent from Oneida has been acting lately, it wouldn't surprise me a bit if it weren't him!!

As for the game, I hate to see one of them lose because I have some ties to both teams. As much as I want to say good luck to Oneida, I can't...but play a good hard fought contest and leave it out there!! You ask why I can't pull for Oneida?? It is simple!! The legend lives, Samuel Bilyeu that is!! My boy Bilyeu!! I have never and will never pick or bet against a team this man coaches--NOUGH said!! I have as much or more respect for this man than any coach around, except Ron Hackworth!!

First off, I would like to congratulate both Oneida and Oliver Springs on a very hard fought semi-final contest. Too bad this game wasn't for the C'SHIP. It is ashamed someone had to lose a contest like this one.

Secondly, I knew Coach Newport would have his Lady Indians ready just as Coach Bilyeu would have his Lady Cats ready.

I know three about this contest and any help from anyone else (like dougb or kazaam will be needed):

1. Oneida had 15-0 surge in the 1st half

2. OS had a 7-0 surge in the 2nd half

3. OS won the game by 5pts, 32-27

Anymore info on this contest will have to come from someone more in the know than myself my friends.

Once again, congrats to both teams and coaches on great seasons!!

Finally, good luck to the Lady Cats in the FINALS on Saturday!!

OS was ahead 7-0 two minutes into the game, then Oneida had a 15-0 run to take a 15-7 lead. OS cut it to 15-12 at halftime.

Kayla Christopher ripped a coule of treys early in the third giving OS a slim lead. OS held a 2-4 point lead for the remainder of the third and much of the fourth, but Oneida would take a 27-26 lead with about 1:30 to play.

Barger answered with 1:08 left making it OS 28-27. OS then forced a jump ball at midcourt and had the arrow. Oneida had to foul and caught a bade break when one of their girls pushed kelsey Hall in the back. It wasn't a hard foul, but the girl wasn't going for the ball and was hit with an intentional foul. Hall hit 1-2, then Barge made 2-2 on the ensuing possesion making it a 4-point game. Oneida wouldn't score and OS added another free throw with about 5 seconds left for the final margin of victory.

It was one heck of a game. Rogersville blasted Huntsville in the second game and the title game should be a dandy, but it will be hard to top tonight's game.