Tyner "Lady Rams" vs. Bledsoe Co.

TynerRamFan

Congrats to the Lady Warriors!!! They were down by 9 with 1:50. This shows their true heart. They never gave up. The Lady Rams thought that they had it in the bag. How Bledose would have acted isn't a factor, because they didn't lose. But when they did lose to Tyner earlier in the season, they weren't on here making excuses by blaming the refs! They know that it is up to them, not the refs. Tonight the Lady Warrior play at CSAS and Tyner plays Howard at home, so the district isn't definate.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to address the comments made about my post. First of all, neither Bledsoe County or any other high school team is "my team." I am not a Bledsoe County fan, and had never seen EITHER team play prior to last week when I saw Tyner lose its first district game to Grundy County. I based the comment that the referees could be blamed by the fact that the referees are ALWAYS BLAMED in a close high school basketball game, especially one where so much is on the line. I am very familiar with District 5, and I simply wanted to see what that district would face in the Region tourney.

And with all of that said, I was not impressed. And if I were to chose a team to be "my team", it certainly would not be either of these two.

And with all of that said, I was not impressed. And if I were to chose a team to be "my team", it certainly would not be either of these two.

Why do you say that? Did either team do something last night that would cause someone to not want to support them. Unsportsmanlike conduct?

Or are you just saying you don't think they're the best teams compared to others?

Your comment makes one wonder if the teams acted poorly last night.

Del.

The Region is at Chattanooga State. It's locked in. Make your plans. Buy your tickets. Get your pom-poms out. Buy your popcorn. Paint your face. Run naked through the bleachers. :D The region is at Chattanooga State.

Del.

I understand the region was scheduled for Jasper, but moved because the gym is too small. If that's the case, why schedule it there in the first place? That gives Chattanooga the region the last two years it's been in 6-AA, when I was told it rotate between the valley (including Grundy) and Chattanooga whenever 6-AA was the host. Was also told it was considered to move it to Dunlap but Jasper wouldn't accept. This has nothing to do with gaining homecourt advantage, either, since the boys and girls here will have to upset teams to make the region at all.

The Region is at Chattanooga State. It's locked in. Make your plans. Buy your tickets. Get your pom-poms out. Buy your popcorn. Paint your face. Run naked through the bleachers.  :D  The region is at Chattanooga State.

Del.

I understand the region was scheduled for Jasper, but moved because the gym is too small. If that's the case, why schedule it there in the first place? That gives Chattanooga the region the last two years it's been in 6-AA, when I was told it rotate between the valley (including Grundy) and Chattanooga whenever 6-AA was the host. Was also told it was considered to move it to Dunlap but Jasper wouldn't accept. This has nothing to do with gaining homecourt advantage, either, since the boys and girls here will have to upset teams to make the region at all.

I know Sequatchie was discussed a couple of weeks ago.

I think one thing considered is that the district coaches didn't want to put the tourney at one of the far off places for fear that the other district would do the same next year. Seems like a smart decision to me. Maybe it will only be at Cleveland State next year instead of Bum Egypt.

Del.

I think atn301 was refering to last weeks game with Tyner and Grundy. I do not think he/she went to the Bledsoe/ Tyner game. But in answer to your question Del Tavian, both teams behaved professionally. As far as the fans, well some did not, that is why one of the Tyner fans was asked to move. I will say this, Bledsoe, Tyner, and Grundy are tougher than district 5AA thinks. When someone gets on the boards and starts boasting about how much better their teams are is when someone gets upset. I know Walker Valley and McMinn Central are great teams, but, I wouldn't be counting my chickens till they hatched. Bledsoe, Grundy, and Tyner are more talented this year than last year. The region will be tougher than you think.

I have seen Tyner play once this season and have seen several teams in district 5AA play and I don't believe that any of them have that one special ingredient that state champions usually have: a strong inside-outside player. I believe that is what it takes to win the state. With that said, I will take experience in the postseason over youth and vigor. Walker Valley and McMinn Central in the region finals.

The region was held at Cleveland State last year which would have been in the 5AA district. The year before that it was held at East Ridge which would have been in the 6AA district. So it is 6AA turn to host the region. Sequatchie did offer to host the region for Marion but was turned down. I think its a good idea to hold the region at a neutral place. Chattanooga State will make a great place for some good competition.

I have seen Tyner play once this season With that said, I will take experience in the postseason over youth and vigor.

Seeing a team only "once" is hardly a basis for making an objective evaluation. Your "opinion" is duly noted concerning the teams in 5AA, however, if you take a look at the thread titled: "UPSETS" (which was started yesterday) you will see why the ole saying "THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME" is much more valid than past history or experience B)

I DID attend the Bledsoe County/Tyner School basketball game on Thursday Feb. 19th. Yes, both teams did perform professionally. I don't question the character of either of these programs. However, I did not see a team in either of them that overly impressed me. That was the point behind my comment about not choosing either of the two as "my team." In other words, if I was going to make any high school team "my team" (once again, not my phrase, but another poster's), then I would chose a powerhouse who would be extremely enriching to see play.