Rockwood

RHSBASEBALL99

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

99 you guys ran into a good AAA team tonight. I know you can't do anything about your district schedule, but do you think those 20-1 games prepare the team for contests such as Cookeville, or tournament play? Sure, they allow you to play a lot of players, but would it be good to be in some closer games with winning and losing on the line?

This is not meant to be a slam. I'm impressed with your team. Just an honest question.

bizazz, the 20-1 games don't prepare us for anything. You are right in saying that we can't do anything about the district part of our schedule. If we knew a way around having to play some games, I'm sure we would take advantage of it. I think us being on spring break this week might have contributed to last night's major letdown as well. The closer games are good for the postseason. Last time we played Cookeville, we had them beat until the last inning and we made some mistakes and they scored enough to take the lead late in the game and beat us. Last night, we looked like a A school playing a AAA school. Normally, we do compete against bigger schools. But, as I said before, last night we didn't look like a Rockwood team.

thekid03, no freshmen start this year. None see regular Varsity playing time aside from when we are in games that we are WAY ahead of the other team and we sub in the entire JV squad. Next year, we will lose a lot of starters (6 seniors) and starting positions and playing time will be up for the taking.

Rockwood wasn't the same team Cookeville played earlier in the year. They seemed out of it. Their outfielders acted as if they had never seen a ball hit in the air, they didn't hit cut off men, there were several errors in the infield and their pitching was hammered all the way up and down the Cookeville line-up. In fact the #9 hitter slammed a 3 run HR.

I know Rockwood is better than they showed against Cookeville yesterday.

Every good team has their bad days, maybe that will be Rockwoods for the season.

Their players were very sportsman like even though they knew it wasn't their day!

I knew as soon as you mentioned Coach Ross. You will have your work cut out for you next year because Marcus ain't bad. He needs to get his head in the game first. I won't get into details because you're not on the team this year, although, he knows what I'm talking about. For a freshman, he is a pretty good hitter (although, I think I could strike him out on 3 pitches lol). If you keep working with Coach Ross on your catching you will get playing time next year because Marcus, in my opinion, won't be ready to catch all of the games and be the man as a sophomore.

This summer, if you wanna do some long tossing gimme a holler.