Rockwood

RHSBASEBALL99

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this will be a great game. Rockwood and my Unaka Rangers have very solid programs and I'd love to see both teams make their way back to the State Tournament. That would be an awesome match-up - Unaka vs. Rockwood - State Championship Game. But anyways I can't wait to arrive down there in Rockwood to see who the best team is right now during this time of the season. See you at 5:00! Good Luck! :D

Edited by baseballfanatic1

baseballfanatic, you're right it was a great game. Good luck to Unaka the rest of the season and hopefully we will meet in Memphis. Hope the Unaka players/coaches/parents/fans that stay tonight have fun in the booming metropolis of "Rock-vegas". lol

Have a safe trip back and good luck this year.

Go Tigers!

Rockwood traveled to Oakdale tonight. Score: Tigers 20 Oakdale 0

Corey Payne threw his second 1-hitter of the year. Andy Willis hit one out tonight. Tomorrow, Rockwood travels to Cookeville. Should be a really good game. We just need to re-adjust our eyes and bats after tonight to be ready for the Cavs.

Word has it that the Cavs will throw their #1 pitcher Alcorn against Rockwood. Since the Cavs only have two games this week and both non district games then Alcorn will pitch against Rockwood. Last week Alcorn matched David Price, the all american inning by inning. In over 25 innings he has less than 1.0 era.

We look forward to hosting you guys -hope you enjoy your visit to Cookeville.

Rockwood-1 Cookeville-12

Rockwood did not show up to play today. We came without our heads (as well as jerseys and gear, lol). Robert Gilmore did not have his best stuff today, he was having trouble hitting spots and getting movement on his pitches. Dan Chandler came in the 4th inning to relieve Gilmore and did an excellent job. He is looking really good off the mound right now. We had WAY too many errors as well.

The Cavs' pitcher was worthy of being an ace. He pitched a heck of a game. From the sidearm angle he was very deceptive. We did not hit the ball at all.

I think games like this happen when we are forced to see teams like yesterday, and then be expected to be ready for teams like today. It's a tough feat to accomplish, and today we did not get it done, we did not adjust at all.

Cookeville has a great team and good luck to them.

Tomorrow, at Webb, JV game at 3:30. Hopefully, Thursday's practice will get us back ready for this weekend's tournament at Lookout Valley.

Go Tigers!