Rockwood

RHSBASEBALL99

Wow, I didnt realize that the Tigers lost that many key players. What is the outlook of next years team based on the current returning varsity and junior varsity players? Are there any promising incoming freshmen like thekid03 coming in that will help? We have a winning tradition going here and I hope we can keep it going!

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This year, we will lose 6 seniors: Robert Gilmore, Seth Robinson, Critter Beeson , Josh Clark, Brian Reed, and myself, E.T. McCreary. Robert is arguably our ace and a great hitter/first baseman. He has started since he was a freshman. Seth is a consistent pitcher, ace or number 2 on every outing, great outfielder with hose and pretty good hitter as well. Seth also saw starting time as a freshman. Critter has started since his sophomore year. He has great footspeed and a good bat. When he is hot, he is one of the best hitters around. Josh started some last year and is seeing action in almost every game so far this year. He has great footspeed and is excellenct in the field with a pretty good arm. Brian started as a freshman as well. He is a very good lefthanded pitcher and outfielder. I have started every game since I was a freshman.

We lose A LOT of experience, but don't fret. The same thing happened when I was in 8th grade. We had just graduated a big class with most of the experience. Come freshman year, we did our best and just happened to get playing time and we made the most of it and stepped up enough to make it to state with only 3 seniors on the team that year. This year's 8th grade class is supposed to have a lot of good baseball players. Hopefully, they can battle for playing time and make everybody around them better because everyone will have to work that much harder to get playing time.

As much as I would like to talk on the subject, I am going to get back to this season to get ready for the rest of the games this year.

Go Tigers!

It's true that Rockwood does lose a talent due to graduation next season, but as it has been said, "Tradition doesn't graduate." As long as Coach Lane continues to direct the program things will be OK at Rockwood. The 8th grade class coming up as a lot of potential to produce big things in several sports at RHS. I have talked with several coaches from the middle and high school and the all say the same thing about this 8th grade class and that is if they stay focused then they are going to do big things. One 8th grader in particular has a lot of raw talent, but can't seem to get past the fact that it isn't all about him as everyone found out during the basketball season at RMS, but that is for another time and place. It was tough day against Cookeville, but those games are all a part of building a championship team and program especially a class A program. Good luck the rest of the season! Go Tigers! BMatthews Micah 7:7-9

Edited by RwoodTigersIn02

unclejed, you're right Coach Lane does decide that. I was just going to let him know my opinion on where he might fit in next year. Because of the lack of resources, the players kinda know where they fit in position wise, but they don't know when they might get to play and I was going to give my opinion as to what Coach Lane would do with him. I'm out...

It's true that Rockwood does lose a talent due to graduation next season, but as it has been said, "Tradition doesn't graduate." As long as Coach Lane continues to direct the program things will be OK at Rockwood. The 8th grade class coming up as a lot of potential to produce big things in several sports at RHS. I have talked with several coaches from the middle and high school and the all say the same thing about this 8th grade class and that is if they stay focused then they are going to do big things. One 8th grader in particular has a lot of raw talent, but can't seem to get past the fact that it isn't all about him as everyone found out during the basketball season at RMS, but that is for another time and place. It was tough day against Cookeville, but those games are all a part of building a championship team and program especially a class A program. Good luck the rest of the season! Go Tigers! BMatthews Micah 7:7-9

yea i know who u r talking about RwoodTigersIn02 but we wont say ne names

27 1

I KNOW HE LEFT IS GEAR AT HOME

No. he didn't leave his gear at home. I ( his mom) accidentally took off to Oak Ridge without my cell, not remembering that his gear was in my trunk. He wasn't home at the time and didn't know I was leaving so he really could not have prevented it. He still did his job of warming up pitchers without gear.

Edited by kayjewells

It's true that Rockwood does lose a talent due to graduation next season, but as it has been said, "Tradition doesn't graduate." As long as Coach Lane continues to direct the program things will be OK at Rockwood. The 8th grade class coming up as a lot of potential to produce big things in several sports at RHS. I have talked with several coaches from the middle and high school and the all say the same thing about this 8th grade class and that is if they stay focused then they are going to do big things. One 8th grader in particular has a lot of raw talent, but can't seem to get past the fact that it isn't all about him as everyone found out during the basketball season at RMS, but that is for another time and place. It was tough day against Cookeville, but those games are all a part of building a championship team and program especially a class A program. Good luck the rest of the season! Go Tigers!

As a lifelong tiger fan I have seen players come and go and teams win and lose. Especially at a small school there are talent swings and even good coaches like Coach Lane can't produce champions if the talent isnt there. Afterall, we have won only one state championship in football in the history of the school and have gone to two only state basketall tournaments in the last 30 yrs. Our baseball program is the best sports program in the school and I think that alot of people have overlooked it. We have achieved more in baseball than football and basketball combined if you use state tournament appearances as the measuring stick!

I hope that the 8th graders do come in and contribute in all sports because it does appear that there will be a huge void left when this years senior class graduates. I personally watched all the middle school football and basketball games and was impressed by some of the young atheletes that are coming up. Two observations though, (1) I didnt see alot of speed in that group, and speed is important in all sports, and (2) I am lost as to who the player with the raw talent is that thinks its all about him. I personally thought those young men played very well together in both sports. Could that have been a jealous remark? I hope not! These are our future tigers. We should speak kindly of them. And speaking of baseball, its a shame we didnt have a middle school program, I would have loved to see what Coach Lane has coming in next year. I hear that most of them are scattered on various travel teams all around so its difficult to know what they are capable of doing on the diamond. Hopefully all are doing well. I have grown accustomed to following the tigers to the state and I want to see it continue!

I also want to say thanks to the mom that admitted she caused the equipment problem. Its good to put down rumors and false accusations before they are turned into "facts". Nothing would be worse than for a player to get painted as something he's not by unknowing fans posting rumors or repeating rumors in a chat group online. GO TIGERS!

hey marcus's mom. i apologize. i had just heard that is wat had happened. thanks for correcting me. and to the one who doesnt know who the player is that thinks the game is all about him... i donno man, u just had to b at a few basketball game to figure out who it was. thats all im gonna say. first baptist church is having a revival next friday and i would love to c all of y all there.

PSALM 27:1