8AA

zachsdad

Correct me if im wrong, but the regular season means absoultely nothing. So i guess the teams that show up to play in tourney time will be the one that have the best chance to go to state again. Greenbrier has a pretty solid team, but needs to start working together more besides that they will have a great shot at the state title again. And DL they are a solid team just about every year but everyone knows just as i do that after megan is gone they wont stand a chance so if they are going to win one it better be this year, unless megan has a little sister. So it will be very very interesting to see how the remainder of the year works out. ANd i heard that Greenbrier didnt start their third baseman for 3 years yesterday for the first time in a long time, so does anyone know anything about that?

GO BOBCATS!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't see lipscomb losing to anyone in this district more than once (think they'll split with hume fogg maybe) they have already run ruled half the teams and will continue to do it. as long as megan pitches well and the defense doesn't make too many errors and the offense gets 1 or 2 runs, i think they have an excellent shot at going to state again and winning it, and they've got a hopkins on the team too!

Edited by stjohnnies

Correct me if im wrong, but the regular season means absoultely nothing. So i guess the teams that show up to play in tourney time will be the one that have the best chance to go to state again. Greenbrier has a pretty solid team, but needs to start working together more besides that they will have a great shot at the state title again. And DL they are a solid team just about every year but everyone knows just as i do that after megan is gone they wont stand a chance so if they are going to win one it better be this year, unless megan has a little sister. So it will be very very interesting to see how the remainder of the year works out. ANd i heard that Greenbrier didnt start their third baseman for 3 years yesterday for the first time in a long time, so does anyone know anything about that?

GO BOBCATS!

In district 7AA for 4 straight years...the regular season champion has not won the district tournament. All 4 were 11-1 in the regular season.

i don't see lipscomb losing to anyone in this district (except for maybe @ greenbrier, maybe) they have already run ruled half the teams and will continue to do it. as long as megan pitches well and the defense doesn't make too many errors and the offense gets 1 or 2 runs, i think they have an excellent shot at going to state again and winning it, and they've got a hopkins on the team too!

The Lady Mustangs still have two tough tests in a good Hume-Fogg team. This Thursday is the first. Hume-Fogg beat Greenbrier 5-4(???) so it will be an interesting game to watch. Good luck to all of the players.

What are the standings in the district and some of the scores?

Was the HumeFogg-Lipscomb game a good one to watch?

The top 3 teams in this district are Lipscomb (8-0), HFA (5-2), and Greenbrier (6-3).

The HFA Lipscomb game was close for most of the game. I believe Lipscomb had around 4 hits but managed score with walked runners coupled with hits. HFA came out early and got several hits and some runners in scoring position. As the game went on Rhodes settled in and there were fewer hits. So, to answer your question, it was a good game to watch.