8AA

zachsdad

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You also can't forget the fact that hsfball got a year of cheering/annoying opposing players, and hopefully we can add a few more and get really loud.

Panzyfan,

You might want to get off your duff, and start backing up your statements by getting to the games! Reference the "we." Of course I didn't see hsfball either. What's the deal? Break out the K's!!!!

Edited by khopkins

well, since I don't play softball, I guess that that doesn't apply to me... but yea from what I hear Greenbrier had some uncharacteristic errors both games... they had runners in position to score i think almost every inning, but just couldn't... I think they will be ok in the tournament. As for shut-outs, Megan may very well have some, but she cant win ballgames by herself

thats funny GbrierGB because you didn't even get a run against us in either games. 3-0 both times. "look for that to happen" again

While that may be true this time, Greenbrier was making Megan pitch, she had at least 4 or 5 walks, that I remember, and Greenbrier was making contact. When round three comes around, Greenbrier will be ready.

Megan odviously can't win games alone on defense b/c last time I checked runs win games, not K's. But if teams can't put runs on the board against Meg it is only a matter of time til Lipscomb scores. Megan is not just a pitcher, she can hit too, and run bases, and SLIDE!!! Yay, Slide I say! (Inside joke for Megan.)

To say that Greenbrier will be ready the third time around is wishful thinking. Yeah, you see a pitcher twice you have to feel good about the third time, but with a pitcher like Megan you never "feel good" about your chances, b/c if she is on she WILL NOT be hit. I am not saying Lipscomb will beat Greenbrier again, but just because they have seen her twice definatley does not mean the third time will be the time. Not with a pitcher like this!

Thank you for your time and attention. ;)

Love ya Swa! Keep doin your thang girl! I am proud of you!

I guess that it was wishful thinking last year too, if i remember correctly, when lipscomb and greenbrier played, the third time, that greenbrier won. I'm not saying that they will, [even though girls i believe you can], but who's to say that the 3rd time isn't a charm? Every time you see a pitcher like rhodes, steen, and danielle, it helps your chances to get down their timing and the way they pitch. I'm not taking anything away from Megan, because every time I've seen her pitch, she has been very impressive... but Ezell have you seen Greenbrier play this year? just curious.. it seems like from your posts, you and megan are good friends, and i didn't know if you were a little biased... [not saying you shouldnt' be.. but it's just a thought]

going to Lipscomb i would have to say Lipscomb will win ther third meeting but let's be honest that will be the third of six maybe more (at least there's a chance). The only way that will happen is if DL and Greenbrier keep winning, and thats hard especially considering the district they are in. I'm jus hoping that lil miss Libby and RD can lay some aluminum to leather. I will say DL is ready and poised to make a run for the state title. They only lost there 2nd basemen and leftfielders which have been filled in nicely. Mista is a year stronger with more pitches. A solid backup just in case. And DL is starting to hit. but as with any sport you have to have luck with skill. Also how long will the tourney take and how is it set up after the first day?

well, going to Greenbrier...Im going for the girls in Green... but i think the tournament starts tommorrow and goes through next thrusday or friday probobly... i am not sure if it is first round single elimination, or if the whole tournament is double...

8AA District Tournament is a Double Elimination for all eight teams.  The tournament will be held in Springfield except for the first round games(higher seed hosts on Friday, May 7th) as follows:

Seed 1 vs. Seed 8

Seed 2 vs. Seed 7

Seed 3 vs. Seed 6

Seed 4 vs. Seed 5

The tournament is scheduled to begin in Springfield on May 10th.

Sbcoach is correct.  Only the top two teams from each District move on to the Region tournament.

District 8AA Tournament Bracket(Updated: 05/08/04 10:00am)

First Round - Friday, May 7th at Higher Seeds:

Game 1-Seed 1(D.Lipscomb) vs. Seed 8(MLK) D.Lipscomb wins 9-0

Game 2-Seed 4(Macon Co.) vs. Seed 5(Station Camp) Macon Co. wins 5-1

Game 3-Seed 3(Hume Fogg) vs. Seed 6(Springfield) Hume Fogg wins 10-0

Game 4-Seed 2(Greenbrier) vs. Seed 7(Portland) Greenbrier wins 9-0

Monday:

Winners Bracket

4:30pm Game 5-David Lipscomb vs. Macon County

4:30pm Game 6-Hume Fogg vs. Greenbrier

Losers Bracket

6:30pm Game 7-ML King vs. Station Camp

6:30pm Game 8-Springfield vs. Portland

Tuesday:

Losers Bracket

4:30pm Game 9 -Winner Game 7 vs. Loser Game 6

4:30pm Game 10-Winner Game 8 vs. Loser Game 5

Winners Bracket Final

6:30pm Game 11-Winner Game 5 vs. Winner Game 6

Losers Bracket

6:30pm Game 12-Winner Game 9 vs. Winner Game 10

Wednesday:

Losers Bracket Final

4:30pm Game 13-Winner Game 12 vs. Loser Game 11

Championship Game:

6:30pm Game 14-Winner Game 11 vs. Winner Game 13

Thursday:

If Game:

Game 15-Winner Game 14 vs. Loser Game 14(if first loss)

Edited by LJ1764

Panzyfan,

You might want to get off your duff, and start backing up your statements by getting to the games! Reference the "we." Of course I didn't see hsfball either. What's the deal? Break out the K's!!!!

When did you not see me? I have been to almost every game. At least the important ones. I missed the GB game due to family commitments. The K's have been in hibernation partly due to th fact we could not find them. They will be out for tourney time.