8AA

zachsdad

Lipscomb will not drop off the radar once Megan leaves. There is quite a bit of young talent on the team along with excellent coaches. Before Megan played DL was a solid team, and they will continue to reload after she moves on to UT. As far as the rest of the team goes for this year. In my opinion, they will be a more complete team than they were last year. They only lost 2 Seniors and all of the young starters from last year already have a year if not more of experience at their position. Let's not forget that Megan is not the only senior for DL. The other three have been playing together for years. Look for all of them to have excellent seasons because it will be their last together.

Who all did Greenbrier lose from last years team?

Edited by hsfball

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bem71957- I guess when David Lipscomb was runner up at state in '92 and State Champions in '93, '94, and '97 they must have had another Megan? Lipscomb will be on the radar for years to come. They might not have an SEC pitcher but they will be talented, well coached, and smart.

Anyways the question wasn't can they do it next year, but can they get it done this year. I believe they can. They are a much improved team this year than last year. Everyone knows Megan, but they don't know about the girls that got a year experience of playing at the high school level. Christine will come in and give Mista a rest every now and then. As said earlier they got a BIG bat with Libby rejoining the team. Also some might have forgotten Lindsey Haislip because she was hurt last year, she will add some speed that DL so desperately needed last year. Plus the seniors will have them focused when needed

You also can't forget the fact that hsfball got a year of cheering/annoying opposing players, and hopefully we can add a few more and get really loud.

I think Greenbrier will be the favorite going in. There team is similar to the DLipscomb teams of the past and present. By that I mean, they have 3 speedsters that get on base and put pressure on the opposing defense. Williams, Head and Dickerson. This helps win the 2-1, 1-0 ballgames which is a sign of a championship caliber team.

I also agree with all the things written about Coach Davis at DL. When he retires (no time soon) I would hate to be the person to follow.

Greenbrier only lost 3 players this past year. Short-stop, Center, and Pitcher....they were very big players, but I believe with hard work Greenbrier will have some girls step up and fill in.

I'm looking forward to seeing what's going to happen with The Cats this year. They are a well coached team with big opportunities. WORK HARD GIRLS yall have the "big red dot" right one your foreheads....everyone will be after yall.

As for Lipscomb...they're a great team and well coached. I don't know Coach Davis personally but I do know he knows how to work with his team. Megan is one heck of a pitcher. I enjoy watching her.

GOOD LUCK THIS YEAR LADYCATS! Make Greenbrier proud again!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I'm not saying that 8AA has bad teams, but I wouldn't be so sure about them sending two teams to state again this year. They still have to go through 3AA, which has some pretty strong teams this year. East Ridge will be pretty tough, and Sweetwater has got some extremely strong motivation this year. Expect the Lady Cats (SHS, not GHS) to make another run at Memphis again this year. Go SHS!!!!!

"The desire to win is useless without the desire to prepare"

It is def a possibility for 8AA to send two again this year, but I think one of them will def have to contend with East Ridge. Hopefully East Ridge will have to travel therefor eliminating their home fan basis, even though it didnt help against Lipscomb and all of Megan's real K signs.

• 4 weeks later...

I think that 8AA can send 2 teams to state again! The district is probobly the most difficult part of getting back there! Greenbrier has a very well coached team, and all the girls have to do to start playing great ball is to gel together better as a team...and it's happening a little more every day! Lipscomb is also a very well coached team... they have megan rhodes, of course, and i think their younger players are a little bit more comfortable than they were last year. You also can't rule out hume fogg and macon co. and station camp either.

in the last two nights, this district just got really interesting. hume-fogg beat greenbrier last night and lipscomb won over greenbrier tonight. the lipscomb-hfa game will have pretty high stakes and i'm sure the lady cats will have something to say at both of the rematches. the rest of the district is competitive every night also--everyone has improved. looking forward to some great softball over the next few weeks!