referee decisions determine too many matches

pony20

Tell you what guys, TSSAA is going to sell the video of all the finals. You can order one and if you can not count on your own, get somebody to count the shots Blackman had and how many the other guy had. You ought to see someone about that problem you have with Bradley winning. I really don't see how you can believe all the ref's are crooked and they all favor Bradley. As a matter of fact, they are tougher on Bradley for that very reason. (And I'm talking about the few jerks (whinners) that get red-faced everytime you see a Bradley singlet!!)

GET OVER IT!!

Edited by 911

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If any of you bashers are interested, Bradley did not win the championship at 189, Soddy did. As far as Blackmon's match at 171, I don't know what offense moves from his opponent you saw, cause backing up doesn't qualify as offense in most books. The other guy made a stupid decision to cut Blackmon loose and it cost him big, but Bryant wrestled a smart match.

Bailey won a 215, his guy spent a lot of the match backing up. Anybody would definitely say Matt was the more aggressive.

It's all just crying and sour grapes about the Bradley's ref crack. It's easy to do when you lose.

I'm a Bradley fan and I saw the the matches 171- I think the ref could have warned him and he wasn't just stalling he was protecting his bad ankle. But the other wresler should see what the ref's are going to call and adjust. I've saw East Ridge wait you out till the end of the match and get takedowns or force overtime and win state titles on two occasions one was against Bradley, If the ref does not call it then you better do something else. 215 match the other guy didn't do any thing at the end and Bailey tried to lock in throws at least twice, the Tssaa will have tapes for sale if you want to buy one. I was not upset at the east ridge wrestler or the ref the Bradley kid should have wreslted harder when it happened to him.

Edited by tophat

Anybody that was at the TSSAA state tournament knows that Knox and Hazalett got hosed. It was obvious Blackmon stalled the whole MATCH!!! You could tell who did all the work when the match was done. Knox was huffing and puffing; Blackmon didn't even looked tired. If anyone has the tape they know that knox probably took about 20 shots when Blackmon's shots could be counted on one hand. Hazalett's match wasn't as bad but the thing that made it the worst was that the Bradley kid taunted the crowd when he heard the boo's. I lost all respect when he knew that he had stalled the whole match but he didnt care. He didn't wrestle and he won a State title. I was sick to my stomach after both of those matches.

I didn't get to see those matches, but the main point is that Blackmon won. That's it. It doesn't matter whether he stalled or whether he was very active, he won. Whether or not his game seemed fair or of a "Champion" caliber, he won and therefore he is the champion. I'm not a Bradley fan, and I also don't have anything against them, but it just seems that whether or not he deserved to win he won.

Why are all of you complaining about stalling calls against the bradley guys? they won didnt they...... and that is a yes or no question, no if's, and's, or buts about it. Quit wasting your time saying that bradley stalled out. bradley's 130 jake west hung on in overtime and sudden death overtime and won the match. does he not make your list of ' stallouts' ? is wrestling smart late in a match stalling? i think not....i think those of you making these false allegations are lost pitying for yourself who did not win or pitying for someone you were rooting for who did not win. i dont mean to sound rude but stop wasting your time, time machines aren't possible yet and until they are your wasting your time telling me and everybody else about the state tournament that ENDED OFFICIALLY hours ago. once its done its done guys..... give it a rest ! honestly, it sounds like everyone goes to state with grudges against bradley. the sadest part of all this is that kids between the ages of 15 and 18 years old are being ridiculed, with their names and everything on the internet by 40 yr old adults. think about peoples grandparents that come to the match to watch their grandsons wrestle....and their grandson winning a title, then going home and reading on here that they don't deserve it. look through the singlet, then your arguments are few and far between.

I would like to know what can be done? One of the refs from the 171 match frequently refs in region 2. He is too old and too slow to ref for high school. He should go work the younger ages...although I am not sure he could keep up there either. And he wasn't a "bradley" ref either. Can TSSAA do anything about the poor referees? All these young men work hard. It is much tolerable to lose when the match is actually decided by the wrestlers. I did not hear any booing during the 152 match. Farragut lost that one...but it was a good match and was decided by the young men competing. Not the 2 adults standing on the mat.

Whine, whine , whine...your guy was huffing and puffing because of all the extra baggage he was hauling around. Blackman rode him like a horse and that is on video. At this point all you can do is come back next year and try again. I'm sure you will still be griping about something. I look forward to it.

Good nite...I think I'll go to bed and toss and turn all night because you are upset.

Next year, bring some cheese to go with your "whine"!