DI vs. DII

shotred52

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DI would take it the DII stud is leen and think Lane would show him a thing or two. leen is good but lane TECH FALL in the state finals on takedowns leen would have to bring his A game but I would pay to see the match of the DI vs DII state champs. Also Balckman at 71 quit giving him crap he is good and so is knox blackman did what he had to do to be a state champ leave it alone. by the DI one or DII fans should agree if they truly want to be a state champ put all schools together public private large small and lets find out who the best of the best the way it once was.

We can all compare who beat who in the regular season if they actually met. Leen and Lane split so that would be fun. What is most important to remember is even if they did meet in the regular season, the outcome at the state tourney can be different. For example, Ortiz of Franklin beat Bundy of Hendersonville at the Ryan Inv but lost to him in the state quarter-finals. It is all speculation and will always be speculation and great message board fodder. Ultimately in the real world, it doesn't mean much to anyone who everyone else believes is the real champion. We have 28 of them and that is just the way it is. Get over the "who is better" argument. It gets really old.

The insecurities that make reality TV popular are the same ones that drive this argument. No matter what one does or accomplishes there will always be some weak soul who will criticize or degrade those accomplishments. I'll spare you the quote but Teddy Roosevelt pegged the critic perfectly. So, unless you are a state champ who feels cheated then you should be ashamed of yourself for being so shallow (and petty).

BOTW:

Sanders missed practice all last week due to an illness as well. I'd have to say Luke Sanders over Blair by watching both this weekend. He is just too quick and strong. I know no one in high school this year would "dismantle" him, some could beat him, but not "dismantle" as you put it.

That's what they thought about Bond, until Blair stuck him. Also, it was evident in every match he wrestled that Bond was still sick. Sanders appeared to be on the top of his game. It's very difficult to judge who is better between two wrestlers just by watching them wrestle totally different competition, but if you can do it, you must be some kind of guru. Anyway, Blair went major/pin/major on the way to his state title, so I think he proved himself. We'll never know who would win.