Division II Region Tournaments

WesVLT

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the West:

Briarcrest had no problem with ECS, and of course they have the home court advantage as the number one seed. Dont know score ?

Bishop Byrne got all they could handle from MUS. MUS just couldn't put it in the basket. 39-30

CBHS should have gotten beat by St. Benedict, Reggie Peyton had an awesome performance but a free throw on a bogus call with 3 seconds left, put the Brothers up by one from a tie game. Certainly the game fo the night. 41-40

The last game of the night was the biggest upset. Last years state finalist Lausanne came in with a winning record and wins over then undefeated Bishop Byrne and state champion <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> in the last 2 weeks. Harding came in with a losing record but had been winners of 5 out of 6. The Lions took and early lead, and lead most fo the first half, that included a 7 point halftime lead. They also had a 11 point third qtr lead. The Lions Mariun Price gave the best performance of the tournament so far with his 33 points and some good defense, Harding pulled out an upset and a matchup with a team they beat a week ago in the semis. 65-52

Semis:

6:00 Thursday @ Briarcrest

Briarcrest v Bishop Byrne- should be the finals but seeding made it this way

7:30 Thursday @ Briarcrest

Harding v CBHS- harding trying to be spoiler and get the suprise state bid, CBHS trying to get out of recent funk, teams split season series

im focusing on the "bogus call" in that essay but it was clearly a foul, payton played awesome should be incredible next year but sba was playing as hard as they have every played before and cbhs won 3 out of 3 vs. sba so i dont see how sba should have won

brothersbball,

First of all the refs made a ton of bad calls. The refs called at least bogus charges on cbhs earlier in the game. That being said the refs totally blew the end of the game. They called a questionable charge on the peyton kid that negated a lay up. (How do you get flipped by a guy you supposedly charges). Then on the next possession the red head from benedict pinned Mosby's shot on the backboard and the refs called a foul. Mosby hits both free throws, right there a 4 or 5 point swing for the brothers. Finally you don't make a call with 4 seconds left in a tie game unlesss it was CLEAR foul. It was not. As an alum I'm ticked that benedict is even in the gym with us. That team has knocked us out 2 of the last 5 years and should have done it again. Bubba constantly takes the best talent and does nothing with it. I'm glad we won against harding (we almost gave that one away with poor free throw shooting). It is riduculous that this is the first team we have sent to state since I was in high school. With as much talent as we have and 800 some boys how does a team like benedict ,150 boys in the whole school and no scholarships, and harding, with two of their best three players quitting in mid season even compete with us. Sorry for the rant.

Edited by jimbo51

First of all jimbo we beat St. Benadict by like 35 poionts in our second game. The charge call where Reggie got flipped is b/c Mosby was straight up and reggie came flying in and jumped over his shoulder and flipped himself (he can jump very high!). Also in this game CBHS was dominating St. Benadict at the half they were up by like 10+. Also you yourself mentioned the bogus charge calls vs. CBHS at the beginning of the game, yet you mentioned the 4-5 pt swing with the foul at the end. How about the potential points CBHS recieves at the beginning without those calls? You cannot judge the outcome of any game by calls, b/c bad calls happen throughout. They negate each other (HOPEFULLY). How you cannot say that CBHS was better than St. Benadict this season baffles my undeveloped teenage mind....

Edited by cb56

the call late in the game where peyton got flipped was horrible. mosby was not even trying to set up for a charge, he was trying to duck and get out of the way. i was in a restaurant after the game where the 2 of the three refs who did the game were there with another ref who did the game before. they admitted to blowing the charge call and the block by 44 and said the foul late shouldn't have been called. having said all that. cbhs played a good game and deserved to win. which begs the question with the enrollment there how come this is such a rare event for them. i think all of the other coaches in the region and in all of div. 2 hope bubba never leaves. b/c god help everyone if they ever get a coach who can consistenly do well in the tournament. by the way when was the last time you saw a 5'10" dunk in a half court set.