BGA #1

BA #2

MBA #3

WEST

Byrne #1

CBHS #2

Briarcrest #3

Who will take home the hardware?

First Round games I see BA over Baylor in a close one, Byrne walking all over MBA, Briarcrest taking a narrow victory over KCHS, and BGA beating CBHS 29-28 in triple overtime. :blink:

Semifinals I look for Byrne to beat BA (although I hope not) and for Briarcrest to beat BGA. In the all-West final. Byrne will emerge victorious.

I think Baylor could be a surprise team. Very athletic, and improving fast. I'd love to see the Eagles defend their title, and I hope they do, but they need to play their very best to do so, and they have not done that consistently lately.

Edited by itzme

How good is Knox. Catholic...their star appears to be Fox...so if BCS can defend him (which they can do pretty well) then BCS should definitely do well against them I would think?

Byrne has the disadvantage for 3 reasons...

1-Experience, Has not played in thechampionship like BA has

2-Byrne has not played a quality schedule...They beat CBHS, but many teams have played more difficult schedules than Byrne... (the small D2 schools in Memphis like Elliston Baptist aren't comparable to Giles Co)

3-Coaching...I don't want to say a coach is bad, but I think the edge goes to BA.

I correctly predicted Lausanne at state last year even though everyone said that the more athletic ND team would take them...I think when the state tournament comes the players tighten up and are very nervous (heck everyone gets like that) and that is when Bwright will shine. The kid is downright unstoppable...I really have never seen anything like that.

I haven't seen this BGA team, but It's been about 6 or 7 years since a BGA team went to the sectionals in D2...I hope their lack of experience doesn't hurt them.