McNairy tanked the Consolation

ParisRiverRat

McNairy lost to Bolivar by roughly 25 points.....hmmmmmmm, eyebrows raised

Didn't want to be the 3 seed because they would have lost in the region semis to a better Chester Co team....

Then, mysteriously whip # 1 seed Milan, hmmmmmmm, eyebrows raised

McNairy is extremely lucky to be playing in that weak region, and not like it use to be when they got to tackle someone tough. I HOPE YOU MAKE IT TO THE STATE TOURNEY BECAUSE OF THIS GAME THAT WAS TANKED, YOU WILL RUN INTO SOMEONE ALOT BETTER AND WILL GET DRILLED!!!!!

It will end up biting you in the long run, but, this will probably be the only chance for McNairy anyways. B)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Lott did not TANK the game. His brother had been very sick with cancer and passed away this week. His funeral was yesterday. Coach Lott wants to win as badly as anyone I have ever met and deserves more respect than you are giving him.

Milan is a very young team and did not have a great year. Winning the district tournament was a terrific achievement for this team. I know with their youth they will eventually be a force to be reckoned with.

McNairy won the regular season district title, but they did not play well in the district tournament. McNairy has a very young team that has to learn to play tournament style basketball. Tournaments carry a lot more pressure with them than regular season games.

Chester County is also very young. With common theme being young here, I would say that your measurement of the region is fair. It is not as strong as it has been traditionally. However, the future for the region looks very good.

My sympathy goes out to Coach Lott at this time of sorrow.

McNairy lost to Bolivar by roughly 25 points.....hmmmmmmm, eyebrows raised  Didn't want to be the 3 seed because they would have lost in the region semis to a better Chester Co team....

Now Wes you know thats not true, the reason they did that is so they could get one of them banners to hang from the rafters, you know the ones that say 24-6 state participant. Not sure why anyone would dodge Chester Co. though! who? B)

Bolivar is not the same team they were in the past few years...they have improved greatly....the also had a little pent-up aggression to let loose after Coach Rudesill was WRONGFULLY tossed from the game! That will light a fire under the butts of players anytime. I think Bolivar was capable of beating McNairy anyway, but the ejection of Coach Rudesill in the first quarter led to the runaway

McNairy was not playing good ball right at the end of the year and it carried over into the district tournament. To state that they tanked a game is a very serious charge. I was unaware of the situation in the coaches family and my heart goes out to him.

I want to know how you could say that the region is weak. Chester Co., Bolivar, South Side, and McNairy Central are not weak teams by any stretch. 12AA's teams that did not advance to region play, Liberty and Humbolt, would have been playing for district championships in other regions in this part of West Tennessee. I would agree that 11AA is weaker than the 12AA teams in the region. But, to call the entire region weak is just not right.

I want to know how you could say that the region is weak. Chester Co., Bolivar, South Side, and McNairy Central are not weak teams by any stretch. 12AA's teams that did not advance to region play, Liberty and Humbolt, would have been playing for district championships in other regions in this part of West Tennessee. I would agree that 11AA is weaker than the 12AA teams in the region. But, to call the entire region weak is just not right.

This regions is definately one of the weakest in the state in girls basketball, now boys basketball is a different story, its one of the strongest, but in this case its really weak. Especially when you compare it to 7AA and 13AA and their regions, its no comparison. :o

There was no tanking of this game. They hadn't been playing good the last week or two of the season and it carried over into the district tournament. They jumped out on Bolivar and Bolivar game back and won. And the was not that big of a blow out. McNairy had the lead cut to 6 and then they had 2 turnovers so they had to start fouling and shooting threes and that's why they lost by about 25. Plus, CHester Co still had to beat Southside to win the district and that was no sure thing. Why would they be scared of playing Chester Co? They split the season series. Why would anybody want to bash McNairy. I'm a McNairy fan and yes we have played a weak schedule but our team can't help that. Even though McNairy is 27-4 you don't see us on here bragging about being 27-4 or we are going to win the state. We play it one game at a time and hope we don't have an off night. Also, the banner comment is way off because we are looking for the same thing Gibson Co, Westview, JAckson Co, and Livingston is and that's a gold ball. I also have alot of respect for teams out of 7AA and 13AA because they are great basketball districts but ya'll think it's in the bag for one of your teams to win it. I know I'm a fan but I believe McNairy can play with any team in AA.

Edited by LetMeHearYA