Best team ever?

Jimmy Chitwood

Obion County Central 1985-86 AA State Champions

Record:34-5

Coach:Jimmy Whitby

Star Player:Cannon Whitby

Cannon was arguably the greatest high school player in Tennessee high school basketball history.He averaged 39.9 points a game his senior year(second in the nation).He scored 1356 points his senior year.He wound up with with 3478 points for his career which is third all time.He scored 70 agaisnt Dyer Co.and outscored Caruthersville,MO 64-59 by himself.They beat Knoxville Austin-East in the state title game 64-59 with Cannon scoring 45 of those points.He was also AA Mr.Basketball.He signed with Arkansas and was part of one of their Final Four teams.

Team: Whites Creek

Coach: Cornileus Ridley

Year: 1988-89

Record- 30-4

Star Player(s) Corey Allen & Brian Ward

This to me is the all time best team ever felt like they got cheated in the state finals by Franklin. One of Coach Ridley's star teams other than his first team Pearl-Cohn and the first black team to win a state champioship. Great Coach and Great team, this team was

The 1997 Clinton Dragons they went 33-1 and lost 1 game before State. They had Dedrick Dye who ended up going to Wagoner College and becoming all-conference up their.Jermaine Shepard who is playing Pro-Ball in a smaller Pro league. Toree Morris, Senior at the University of Pittsburgh and they are in the top 10 in the nation. And several others that made it on scholarships to college but just havent succeeded as much as these guys.

As far as York boys go, I don't really know what our best team's been. From the little I know about them, it seems like the team with all the Chad's was one of the best teams that I can remember. However, I don't know their record or anything. The years was probably '97 or '98 maybe. I'm sure somebody else knows more about it than I do. I know this is irrelevant, but the best York girls team was the '83-'84 team that won the state championship. :justwrestle:

I will agree with the previous poster on that great Perry County team in 1997. They had size, speed, quickness, and played great team basketball. Their star:

Kirk Haston was a pleasure to watch but they also had great role players and were the best team at the 1997 tournament in all classes They were 37-0, played a tough schedule and were bbvery well coached by Bruce Slatten.

Team: Trenton Peabody 95-96

Coach: Harry Ferguson

Record: 33-2

Results- Ranked #1 A all season, knocked out in the State Final Four by 1 point to eventual state champs Boyd Buchanan.

Star Players- Eric Wilkes, Kevin Easley, Demtrius Tyler. Led a string of 4 yrs as Mr. Basketball Finalist. Wilkes 96, Easley 97. Tyler, 98, 99. Incredible pressing, shooting team. Had a second platoon of players called Fearless Five, by Radio anouncer Dave Mcculley, and Steve Haymon.

York's best team would be when my dad played in about 68' I think, only York Boys team to ever make it to the state tournament and that was when there weren't different classes. Nicky Whited was the star, from what the Athletic Director and my dad (of course my dad is partial because it was his bestfriend)have told me, he was the best player to ever go to York, but he was killed shortly after the end of his highschool career. :D