Region at South Doyle

shooter5

Just like I challenged him before, he hasn't the fortitued to post his name. As I said before, I would be ashamed of my name also if I got on here and acted like that. It is sad to have to be ashamed of your name.

Signed,

Rebelsman

Joe Tipton

Proud to be Andy's dad!

Edited by Rebelsman

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. Me and the Rebelsman indeed do hang together on occasion. As a matter of fact, I sat right behind him and chatted during the WB vs Clinton game yesterday. That was the game before his son was the HERO of the OR vs Maryville game. That would be the same son that will tear Clinton up tomorrow.

3. GovManHater ... that's a great name. And a great ploy to act like you're a kid. Coach T or anyone else reading, this is the same guy that you've thrown off here two or three times under different names. Isn't there anything you can do ??

Keep it up GMH, and I WILL embarrass you and people connected to you.

To Rebels(wo)Man and Gov(wo)man...

There is really no one "connected to me" so to speak

(a) It's obvious who I support but I have no affiliation with anything in Knox County so how will you embarrass those close to me. not going to happen.

(:D Mr. Tipton SIR!, again I will tell you that posting my name would be of no use or good. You would not recognize my name, and the only reason I recognize yours is because of Andy.

© Govman, Whitt was definitely a BIG gun for Clinton. They, like wb, are definitely not at full strength without him. You have to take into account though the 4:30 start time--hard to get into a game like that

(d) Clinton probably will get beat, and Maryville will probably win the region

They won't get far in the state tourney though, especially if they come up against a quality opponent (Fairley, WS, Wooddale, Oakland, etc)

But best of luck to both of you in future intelligent conversating endeavors

A few questions and comments regarding the tourney as it has gone down thus far:

1. To those of you who had seen Oak Ridge play prior to the Maryville game Tuesday: I've heard talk that sometimes O/R brings their A game and sometimes they do not show up to compete. Which team did we see yesterday? Was that them playing well, or them not playing well?

2. To Rebelsman: I've read your posts all this time having no idea who you were. You don't know me, but I know your son. I just want to take the opportunity to say in a very public forum that I think you must have done a wonderful job raising him. He's obviously a great basketball player, but much more importantly he seems to be of exceptional character. And if he were my son, I'd be on here flaunting it as well.

3. To the Govman: I typically read and don't post that often, and I've disgreed with you silently more times than I can count. But I would like at this juncture to say that you should pay no heed to the hater for it is simple human nature to envy and attack that which we desire to be but fail to attain.

Let's all enjoy the games thursday night and remember that basketball unites sworn foes into a fierce, frenetic dance but in the end we know that the dance could not have occurred without both opponents. We are not foes, we are partners. This is the finest time of year!

Papa Chaos,

Great post. You make some good points. I hope that you don't always 100% of the time disagree with me ... I do make a good point every now and again. As far as how OR played ... first time I've saw them this year ,so really not qualified but I thought they looked pretty strong. Scott impressed me greatly. If they hit their free throws at the end, they win.

CHSbbfan, I was not impressed YESTERDAY with the Dragons. But that was one day, at 4:30 in the afternoon, in a game they perhaps overlooked a little, without one of their top scorers. The biggest thing I noticed was I thought they were awfully listless and uninspired. That's just my observation ... certainly it could be wrong. Their man defense looked great when they played it, but they didn't stay in it. Based on head-to-head (which we know doesn't always work) they will need to play a lot better to have a chance against Maryville. I will say this ... to just look at the Clinton roster ... to see those huge players they have ... it's intimidating. The rivalry you're picking up on ... at least on this thread ... is not between Maryville and Blount. It's between Maryville + Blount against South Doyle and visa-versa. GovManHater (great name) is a supporter and has some very close connections to the South Doyle program. He hates me and Rebelsman because our two respective schools dominate his team every year in b-ball. I'm sorry if I was overly critical of your Dragons. They've had a great season, they are still alive, and I wish them the best of luck.

And for my buddy, FatJoe, if indeed you know Mr. Tipton ... and you see him this week ... tell him I said "hi!" and that "I love him" and that his son will always be my 2004 District MVP.

I am already getting excited to watch Clinton and Maryville play tomorrow night. I think it will be one of the best games for either team all year. But the sad thing is that both of these 2 teams deserve to meet in the Regional championship it just happened to work out where they met in the semi-finals. Hopefully both teams bring their A game b/c i want to see a great game. I believe Clinton pulls this one off close with their inside post play and if their guards are hitting the open shots. If this doesnt happen then i dont think their is much of a chance for Clinton.

I will be out of town and will have to miss this game. Rebelsman, Pull them Rebels through for me so I can watch them Friday night. I would hate for yesterday's game to be the last game I have watched the Rebels play this year. I want to see the Rebels make it to Murfreesboro.

Edited by REBELRON

Karns exposed Clinton's weakness during the district championship. Clinton can't shoot. they dont give tevah the ball enough inside so hes underused. and now that whitt isnt playing if Maryville goes zone, and forces vibbert to shoot, the game wont be much. and how will Clinton match up on defense. Maryville really doesnt have any guards, but neither does Clinton. Maryville by 10

I'm excited about this game because it gives Clinton a chance to back up the hype. They have had some ups and downs this season with their tough schedule, but no doubt are playing well right now. They barely beat WB, but they won and I think it was a wakeup call for the Dragons. Clinton is not a very good outside shooting team without Dandrus Whit, but at the same time Whit can hurt them with his shot selection at time(25 ft 3's). He is a solid player, but I believe the Dragons are undefeated without him. With him playing team ball, the Dragons could be unstoppable. Freeman and Shoemaker have stepped up in his absence and give them more defense and rebounding, as if they need it. Tipton and Gaskin played wing last season when the Rebs had true posts, and they have allowed Swank to fill the post this season. He's a banger. If the Rebs get hot from outside Clinton will have trouble, but if they pound it inside the Rebs could have to burn fouls and their depth at this point in the tourney will be suspect. Still, Tipton and Gaskin have pulled some wins out of their rear this year and seem to know how to find ways to win. I think this is the region championship and whichever teams wins has the inside track to the state with the way the upper East teams have played this season. Good luck to both teams and either way both have had great seasons....... Dragons by 2........

T is definitely underused, but it seems like teams do an excellent job of defending the pass down low. It also seems like the last 5 games I've been to, we get the ball to T 5 feet away, and the defenders foul the crap out of him. I wasn't at the William Blount game because I had to work (stupid Food Lion), but I heard it was the same there, where T was slammed to the ground and they called a walk on him. Refs have dissapointed me so much this year. The Oak Ridge game in December was the worst officiating I've ever seen, and the recent AC game wasn't much better. When you have two 6'9, 6'10 post players in T and Freeman (my boy), you need to use them. But when you can't rely on the refs to call fouls when one happens, you start to not want to throw it inside. Dandrus was a definite loss in a shooter, but he wasn't just a shooter, he's good at driving in and making plays. Dye and Borum have improved since the McMinn Co game, and have proven to be good guards. Shoe is a good defender and can shoot well. Mykail, Freeman and T have proven to be lethal down low. All I keep hearing about is Tipton and Gaskin...have you forgotten about Mykail? I know Andy is good, but Mykail can play a little as well. All I'm saying is Clinton is the 1 seed, Maryville is the 2 seed and 94% are saying Maryville will win. I know their district might be a little tougher than ours, but we didn't become the 1 seed for no reason. I am looking forward to the game, and I just hope the refs don't determine the outcome. Go Dragons...