Transfer to Shelbville - Role play

Paintwatcher,

Your posts on this thread show extreme naivete on the Shebyville facts. You are way off base on your opinions re: Shelbyville. As is usually the case with this subject and Shelbyville, jealousy becomes the stronger issue than the recruiting issue itself. The subject is way overplayed. Non-Shelbyville fans need to get over their prejudiced opinions, most of which have little factual basis.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paintwatcher,

Your posts on this thread show extreme naivete on the Shebyville facts. You are way off base on your opinions re: Shelbyville. As is usually the case with this subject and Shelbyville, jealousy becomes the stronger issue than the recruiting issue itself. The subject is way overplayed. Non-Shelbyville fans need to get over their prejudiced opinions, most of which have little factual basis.

Well put Fish. Paint is so lost and thinks he or she knows it all, those are the most dangerous type. Hitler was one. ;)

I guess we know for sure that Coach Prudden tried to recruit Melissa Uner. Interesting. Could she have been at the game to watch some of her kids play AAU ball that were already living in and attending Oak Ridge. Might have been there to watch some of her friends kids play. I don't guess that could ever happen. I am sure that we got that breaking news straight from the horses mouth. Keep on guessing cause that one is way off base. Also, I hadn't noticed that Uner had signed or committed to a school. Guess she is still weighing her options.

No actually... I WAS there and I did hear Coach Prudden tell Melissa that they would really like to have her there and she was sure they could work something out. Dont get me wrong I have alot of respect for Coach Prudden. She is a very good coach. But win with what you have dont go fishing for someone else's talent.

Diamond2,

And we should believe you because you said you were there. I am sure if, in fact, Coach Prudden said that she would not have said it so that someone else could hear it and have it end up spread all around by someone like yourself. Give me a break. I guess the next thing you will say is that you and Coach P are buds and she does this all the time. Get over it and go on and trash someone else. Coach Prudden has way too much class to get involved with something like you describe.

Believe what you want. My best friend played on that AAU team with Melissa and me and my mother went to watch them play. But believe me or not. Everyone knows they recruit. Deny it all you want. And as I stated... I have alot of respect for coach Prudden. She is a very good coach!...by the way..Mel didnt tell me herself but she has told others about it. Someone people actually tell..I know VERY interesting.. but everyone knows they recruit...doesnt work sometimes though ;) Just drop it..this thread is about the best recruiter in the state not the second best.

This topic is funny. I only know of two girls on Shelbyville's team that are not from Shelbyville or Bedford County this year and that's Almader and Kelley. Everyone else either grew up in Shelbyville or Bedford County as far as I know. The only other one who didn't grow up in Shelbyville was Newman and her mom is from there and played for Insell. So I'd say about 90% are homegrown.

Since Newman and Fuller account for more than half of the team's scoring, I can't see why it would be an issue. Any of the other girls on the team could fill in the other 3 positions and they would still beat most teams. I think most people just "beat this dead horse to death"! Shelbyville has an awesome program, coach and players, regardless of the negative comments.

If Newman is from Shelbyville, then why did she say after signing with Maryland it was good to back home to play?

The bottom line is that a family can move anywhere they want to. People move for various reasons and that is their business. Don't be upset find call Rick and find out how to build a program. Most of these schools have one big problem, a lazy coach that will not go the extra mile and work hard for there players.

The bottom line is that a family can move anywhere they want to. People move for various reasons and that is their business. Don't be upset find call Rick and find out how to build a program. Most of these schools have one big problem, a lazy coach that will not go the extra mile and work hard for there players.

Going the extra miles. Many miles. Coach what you have.

If Newman is from Shelbyville, then why did she say after signing with Maryland it was good to back home to play?

CHS4Life, I believe I said Newman was the only other one who didn't grow up in Shelbyville but her mom did. Her mother also played for Insell. Now, don't you think her mom would know which program would be best for her child--especially since she played for the best herself? Read the whole sentence next time. ;)