WHITE STATION DOMINATES DOBYNS BENNETT

spartans3

Try this one on for size.......

If you had one city with the population of 100,000 and another city with the population of 50,000 and they were both breeding. The city with 100,000 would have twice the chance to produce good basketball players.

Thats 2 times more likely.

Thats not a guarantee however. But the chance would be two times greater

a little something I learned in school :lol:

WAco :justwrestle: jaCO

And the city with 100,000 would have two times as many schools. Meaning that those players would be spread over more schools.

What if the city of 50,000 has one big high school and the city of 100,000 has four smaller ones? Would the one high school in the smaller city be at a disadvantage then?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to believe Hamilton had more talent than WS...Hamilton's strength is 39th..and Memphis East??? Who's ranked 47th??? I can believe Raliegh-Egypt, being ranked 1st but they're still in AA. It seems like you're just throwing in teams and saying they're more talented than WS to make it seem like Memphis is that competitive. Our Region had Maryville, Farragut, Bearden...also top 10 teams in the state at one point. Don't think that Memphis is the only basketball region in the state.

It's true, though. Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have White Station's players because they're smarter, but that's a reflection of their coaching.

Just on talent, White Station is very good but not great in Memphis. The thing that puts them over the top is coaching.

And I'm serious about those teams being more talented. East had a 6-8 wing sign with Mississippi State as well as a 6-9 center and a 6-1 PG who are all in gomab's top 60, plus a sophomore point guard on his list. And they couldn't even make it out of district!

Hamilton has at least one 6-8 guard every single year. This year, they had Shawne Williams (though ineligible) as well as top-150 nationally sophomores Joseph Watkins and Jeremy Williams. Hamilton's had senior classes with six and seven college players.

Fairley has two junior PF's in his top 10 as well as strong guard play.

Mitchell has three sophomores in his top 20 and a senior on the list.

I don't think most people on this site have any idea how deep the talent is over here.

I know the talent Opperman. It is sometimes baffling how they have so much talent. But you see the MOST disciplined teams come out of Memphis. Most don't understand that you can have all the talent in the world, but if you don't have the neccessary discipline, you just have 5-12 guys extremely talented with nowhere to go.

:justwrestle:

Opperman,

Since we're talking about overall talent, it does'nt matter how many schools are in each city. But if it did, what if there was one school in that city of 100,000 that was better than all the rest. What if all the best basketball players wanted to attend that school. OF cource they all could not get in, but enough could to make that school the best in basketball. Thats a "what if". So don't get your drawers in a wad.

Yes everyone knows how deep the talent is in Memphis. After 1,577 post from you telling us all about it, how could we not know? Have you ever thought about putting up billoards all across the state? :lol:

waCO :justwrestle: JAco

It's true, though.  Don't get me wrong, I'd rather have White Station's players because they're smarter, but that's a reflection of their coaching.

Just on talent, White Station is very good but not great in Memphis.  The thing that puts them over the top is coaching.

And I'm serious about those teams being more talented.  East had a 6-8 wing sign with Mississippi State as well as a 6-9 center and a 6-1 PG who are all in gomab's top 60, plus a sophomore point guard on his list.  And they couldn't even make it out of district!

Hamilton has at least one 6-8 guard every single year.  This year, they had Shawne Williams (though ineligible) as well as top-150 nationally sophomores Joseph Watkins and Jeremy Williams.  Hamilton's had senior classes with six and seven college players.

Fairley has two junior PF's in his top 10 as well as strong guard play.

Mitchell has three sophomores in his top 20 and a senior on the list.

I don't think most people on this site have any idea how deep the talent is over here.

Maybe the reason they didn't make it out of District is because they've been told all their lives how good they are and they're the best, and they don't play team ball. Teamwork and good passing is a nice thing to have in a player. I saw White Station pass and they were unselfish, maybe that's why they've made it to the state the last 3 years and these other teams with more "talent" haven't.

Apparently White Station is the best in Memphis, they're the team that's been in the Finals for the last 3 years, if not more. I would take Prince over Jamont Gordon because I saw Prince pass. Is he related to Tayshaun Prince??? Same body type, left handed...they look just alike. I saw a picture of Prince dunking at Millington, and I was expecting him to be like 6'8, 240...he looked huge in the picture. This was my first experience watching White Station, and you all lived up to the hype. I was impressed. I still hope JNS wins it though.

Edited by OrangeCrush23

Just on talent, White Station is very good but not great in Memphis.  The thing that puts them over the top is coaching.

That might be the most ignorant thing I've ever head. White Station's talent is NOT because of an unstoppable coaching staff, it's because of the the talent flow through that school year in and year out.

Rolltribe,

I have to agree with Opperman. They have a lot of talent, but so do many other schools, they just happen to have the best coach there is. Their coach won a title in 86 at Trezevant, the year before he got there in the early 90's they won 1 game. What does that say about what he's done there? Ridgeway has much more talent with Michael Rice, Jordan Mincy, and Pierre Niles. Raleigh Egypt has more talent as well with Kinnard, Joyner, Seay, . The kids there at WSHS are good, but the best player in the city Shawne Williams, doesn't go there. Ridgeway had the best player three years ago when Derrick Byers was there...the other good player was Memphis' Jeremy Hunt.

The only year that WSHS had the clear cut best player in the city was the year they had Earnest Shelton who nows plays for Bama. Even when they had Robert O' Kelley, he still wasn't as good as Tony Harris who went to UT or possibly even as good as Corey Bradford who played for Wake. The next year, 97 (I believe) the best player in the city and second best player in the state was Paris London who signed with Memphis.

I know it looks like they have all this talent, and they do compared to the rest of the state, but they don't compared to most of the AAA schools.

I can agree with you somewhat, all that appears to be going through their school is raw talent that doesn't take coaching, but i never knew all that stuff about their coach. But, I'm still holding my ground in sayin that WS's talent is ridiculous, regardless of whether their coach has talent or not.

This sounds very much like the Shelbyville girl's post where everyone whines that they get the best players. In that though they say the coach wins and the players come. Why can't that be true of Terry Tippett at White Station. Being in their district, I can tell you, you think they will always be down next year, they just change #s and faces and the next group is almost as good if not better. Terry will beat you with your own style or make you play how he wants too, and still beat your rear and you have the long ride back to east Tenn.

Hey trojanbob, that post makes no sense, all you did was ramble about how WS is good....way to go, I couldn't tell what you were goin' to say seeing what your name is. Noone is "whining" about the players, we're comparing their talent to the coach's talent, and since u know what girl's b-ball posts look like, head on back to that room.

Edited by Rolltribe54