Whiate Station Finally catches BC

volntn

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the Bears didn't win their gold balls in "little ole Cleveland". They won them in Nashville (2) and Jackson. The first two were under the direction of Tip Smith, grandfather of Kent Smith, the current Bradley Central coach.

It's much more of an accomplishment when you consider that Bradley Central only has a county with about 80-90,000 people to pull their talent from while big old Memphis has ....what would you say?....1-2 million? I'm not saying that we're like Milan in "Hoosiers", it's just that every team in Memphis should have talent better than anyone else in the state. But it's not just about talent, is it? Maybe, just maybe, it's about coaching!

The best thing to come out of Memphis is Elvis and that's been a while back. The rest of the state is still praying for the next major earthquake to strike the New Madrid Fault line and maybe if we're lucky, Memphis will end up in Arkansas where they'll be buddies with Slick Willie and Slicker Hillary. The best thing about Memphis is that they are about as far away from the rest of Tennessee that you can get and hallelujah for that.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me where all of the "super" talent that comes out of Memphis ends up. Seems like they have a lot of guys that can play roundball but that's about it. Case in point, Shawn Williams. The state's number one ranked player in pre-season didn't get to play a single second of basketball this year in high school. Yet I heard that he signed with the University of Memphis. Now that's a credit to...creative grade card reporting if you ask me.

You folks in Memphis gotta be proud of that!

Gosh Baconbreath, I didn't realize royalty got on this website...

You must be, after writing a message like that. Shawne Williams has enrolled at a prep school in NC in order to get his GPA up. Otherwise, he will not be attending the University of Memphis...you look pretty bad assuming things that everyone knows won't happen.

Ever heard of Anfernee Hardaway? He sat out a year at Memphis State, wouldn't you have thought he would have gotten in and immediately played as a freshmen?

Rip the city of Memphis? Me? You have GOT to be kidding. Why I love Memphis, where football players are sold to the highest bidder. I didn't MEANS to say that but it just slipped out.

The facts speak for themselves. Elvis was the greatest! I would never rip him, may he rest in peace!

But, it's easy to see why the "blues" were born in Memphis. I'd be blue too if I was born there!

Memphis was a great host city for the Spring Fling! Thanks to a lot of funny money, they outbid my hometown, the Choo Choo city, last year. Man did they do a great job of hosting! Talk about getting some cultural diversity, why, they even let us play the TENNESSEE state championship for softball in ANOTHER STATE, if you can really call Mississippi a state. Maybe next year we'll get to play a TENNEESSEE sport in Arkansas.

LOL!

Now this post I like.

Several players going to Ivy schools..good for them. Sure they deserve it. But, what is the drop out rate and crime rate in your fair city? :P

Just keep staring into that gold ball and maybe it will all go away. hahaha <_<

Rip the city of Memphis? Me? You have GOT to be kidding. Why I love Memphis, where football players are sold to the highest bidder. I didn't MEANS to say that but it just slipped out.

The facts speak for themselves. Elvis was the greatest! I would never rip him, may he rest in peace!

But, it's easy to see why the "blues" were born in Memphis. I'd be blue too if I was born there!

Memphis was a great host city for the Spring Fling! Thanks to a lot of funny money, they outbid my hometown, the Choo Choo city, last year. Man did they do a great job of hosting! Talk about getting some cultural diversity, why, they even let us play the TENNESSEE state championship for softball in ANOTHER STATE, if you can really call Mississippi a state. Maybe next year we'll get to play a TENNEESSEE sport in Arkansas.

LOL!

Now this post I like.

Several players going to Ivy schools..good for them. Sure they deserve it. But, what is the drop out rate and crime rate in your fair city? :o

Just keep staring into that gold ball and maybe it will all go away. hahaha :D

At least they have a gold ball to stare into...it should be easy staring into your "ball of air" since you didn't get one. Everyone reads all these posts from these idiot Bradley fans and know that "inbreeding" is alive and well. And you're supposed to have class?? Please, remove the "c" and the "l" and its a much better representation of how you people are acting.

Jealousy is such a bad thing...do you like your grapes sour??!!! B)

Are you that mad and sad that you lost?? :( Oh, poor babies!!

Pass me some of those grapes...not the sour ones, though. B)

Do you guys have some extra "haterade" from the championship game that came from the Bradley lockeroom since they didn't get to play in the championship game and didn't need any?? Seems like you guys drunk it all up!!

Bacon, u gotta a lot of nerve. Does BC get a ring for winnin the Arbys? DO they get a ring for gettin 3rd place in the state tourney? Yea BC has won titles before but have they won any LATELY? AND WHERE DO U GET OFF INSULTIN MRS.T? U GOTTA ALOT CLASS URSELF DONT U? Where is somebody from BC? UT-Chat? U forget about the players from Memphis at UVA,UTK,Alabama,Austin Peay,Troy State,ETSU,the list goes on. U jus kno about the bad seeds and every city has its bad seeds. im sure Cleveland or whereeva u at has them also, we jus dont hear about them. Sorry it took long to reply, I was jus busy winnin another state title

3-Peat! 4 out of 5 ! Get on our level!!!!!

I really like how this thread went from basketball to insulting the city of Memphis. I doubt Willie Herenton has a lot to do with how White Station plays basketball in Murfreesboro. I really doubt the high crime rate has a lot to do with Choo-Choo and JP flying around the court. Most people in Memphis could care less about Elvis and 90% of us have never even been to Graceland. This is a HIGH SCHOOL SPORT. These are 14-18 year old kids out there playing for their schools. But we have to get people on here slamming a city and coach's wives. I'm sure Bacon is just an angry Bradley fan that needs some time to cool off and the majority of you have some class.

As for the game last night, all i gotta say is who saw JBALL hiding in the corner down there? B)

And sorry Slim and I have not been able to defend our pride. We had a late checkout time at our hotel...for the third year in a row.

Just want to say this as I did on another thread.

I'm a Bradley Central fan and I thought Jackson NorthSide and White Station were both great teams. Trash Trash is all I've been hearing and while one team is basking in their glory (which is fine) there are other teams recovering from their losses. I had a coach once tell me to win with grace. There's a thought......

To the Bradley Central seniors and coaches who have 100 wins and only 10 losses in the past three years, your dedication, discipline and desire for the game of basketball haven't been in vain. You are the best in my eyes and I don't need a GOLD ball to tell me that.

I really like how this thread went from basketball to insulting the city of Memphis.

Happens every spring when everybody from the Tennessee River east gets jealous of all the bling bling headed this way. What's sad is that it's the same trash over and over, though I gotta give it to him, baconbreath has set a new standard by saying the state champions don't have anything to talk trash about.