Volunteer Falcons

doubleplay96

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ulcpanther,

I do remember and yes, I think it was in '95 - 1st year @ Hunter Wright...do you still go to see the Kingsport Mets play? I haven't been much since I resigned as GM at the end of the '96 season...

You all keep up the good work and let's all go to the playoffs...

Hey ulcpanther - another little baseball sidelight - the K-Mets manager in '95 Johnny Gibbons (also was a player in '80 with Strawberry) was just named manager of the Toronto BlueJays...makes the 2nd former K-Met to be a major league manager - Lloyd McClendon - Pirates (also was a player in '80)...

Now back to football - how are the Falcons looking?... I understand there were fewer out than hoped for, is that true?...and who has looked good?

Roll Tribe Roll

skunk is a well respected person. I have said this many times on here, and the "Y" guys for us are great!!! But skunk was the best announcer in my opinion, and I believe the accolades speak for themselves. Hey skunk!!!! Come on down and join the "Y" guys during the round-ball season. thumb I'd love to hear you call a game or two again! :lol:

God Bless!!!!!

:)

Skunk, I don't go much at all now. I miss the old days on the third base line at the J. Fred. Them was the days, kids were young and 300 people was large crowd and we all knew each other.

When the Mets moved to Wright Field they started with almost 1000 folks a game. I think you and the misses ran a class act. Kingsport Braves and Mets have had some of the top athletes of their time.

I can remember a young Ben Allen called me the night I won, I had left early. I had the good luck of coaching young Ben in little league and played against his dad in highschool football, G. and K. another class act. I remember Alcoa had one of the softest fields I had ever played on.

Back to the here and now, I like our chances and the numbers are strong enough for lots of competition for playing time. The Line play will make or break us. I think games are won in the trenches and I think we have a line that will rise to the occasion. The key positions have experienced and skilled men in place. It may be the best year in Volunteer history.

We tail-gate at all games, home and away, feel free to bring the misse and do a little face feeding. Look for the Touchdown banner. You may even get an autograph from our press corps, The "Y" guys. We try to keep them fed also.

Good luck to yours and The Tribe. Keep it in East Tennessee

We tail-gate at all games, home and away, feel free to bring the misse and do a little face feeding. Look for the Touchdown banner. You may even get an autograph from our press corps, The "Y" guys. We try to keep them fed also.

Dadgummit panther, you guys shore do a lot of eatin at the falcon games. It don't get much better than high school football and good food does it. I am lookin for an exciting season in the IMAC this year. Well you done put a hankerin on me, I think I'll see if I can find some potted meat or biscuits and mustard UMMM HUHH. Good luck to the Falcons, cept when they play the Canes.

Good luck to your team also Big Daddy. Dang, it's almost here, Football! I love it and Friday nights still have an effect on me. I always get the feeling something great is going to happen.

The offer still stands for you ,your date, mate, or associate to join us for some brats. We cooked'em up during baseball season and the "Y" guys made us famous.

In my mind we have the best down to earth fans around, I know it's a small mind, but it's all mine.

We go to West Greene Thursday afternoon.

Good luck Birds!