Ensworth gets another good one

TheBigRedDog

My reason for "not true" is because Ensworth has never been a feeder school for CPA like it has been for some of the others. All of these schools will have a few kids switch at some point due to different reasons. As wonderful as all of these schools are, I do not see any of this as a major issue. If our public school system does not change,I see all of them flourishing and growing. I know that I and other CPA faithful are very excited about our new coaching staff.So Coach Pack leaving,as much as I hated to see him go,will not have an effect on kids leaving to go to Ensworth. I see it as another DII school that will make that division even stronger and more fun to watch in the near future.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be that Ensworth was started due to the fact that a certain family wanted MBA to go coed and the board decided against the idea? After the decision was made for MBA to stay single sex (which was the correct decision) this same family decided to make a large donation for Ensworth to start a high school.

Answer the question about the % of starters on MBA's football team that attended Ensworth. Was it over 50% because I have been told that of the 11 main starters, 9 attended Ensworth. If those numbers are correct MBA will feel the pain in a few (4 or 5) years.

7 out of 22 starters from last years team were from Ensworth but traditionally the number is more like 3 or 4. My class (01) only had one starter from ensworth. Also, MBA middle school teams tend to dominate Ensworth

CBG and BRD are both correct. The disgruntled unnamed family will be a big force behind ensworth but there are still other members of the family with positive feelings of MBA. I think BRD's point is more true. When the class of 04 applied to MBA, 3 sons of prominant alumni didn't get. All were good athletes and sharp guys but had failed to do so well in the classroom. (possibly thinking that since they would automatically get in) Since then more ensworth students have had similar problems. The simple fact is that Nashville needs more good schools. I think the two will co-exist just fine. MBA can still get boys from Oak Hill, Harding, the parochial schools, the public schools, etc.

The only thing that bothers me about Ensworth is the fact that most of these kids are going to go to school with the same kids their entire lives. I dont know how well that will prepare them to go to college and have a dramatic change surroundings.