All Conference). There is alot of talent out there to be signed from the 2004

class, but they will let them go to.

Hope it will change soon. You will have more fan support from parents of

players from Tennessee.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the bottom line: The UT baseball team isn't even making the SEC Tourney, much less the NCAAs, 4 out of 5 years. The saving grace for Rod is that the one year he did make it, his team made the College World Series.

Eight out of the 12 SEC teams make the SEC Tourney. That means for those 4 of 5 years, UT has finished 9th or worse in the league. That is just not acceptable.

New Athletic Director Mike Hamilton is a Clemson grad, and knows what a successful baseball program can do for an athletic department. My hope is that he won't put up with 9th or worse 4 out of 5 years and will make the change at the top that should have been made several years ago. The program lacks leadership.

As for this year's team, they are in first place right now, but they haven't played the better SEC competition on their schedule yet. Miss St. is down this year, and Kentucky is awful. Auburn took 2 of 3 from UT. It is no gimme that UT will even qualify for the SEC Tourney. They've got 7 tough series' left starting this weekend at UGA and then going to Ole Miss next weekend.

i totally agree. Tennessee and coach d lets way to much talent leave the state. it hurt larry finch in memphis, it is fixing to hurt calipari, it hurt green and the list goes on. when you are a state school you have to be a state recruiter first and a national recruiter second. i believe you shouldn't let anyone come into your own house and take what is yours. There are a couple more players from jackson besides josh bell like adam yates who went to ole miss and was sec freshman of the year and brent lewis who was the starting dh for miss state for two years that he let get away. Delmonico stinks as a recruiter and if it was wasn't for 95 and 2002 then he would have been out eight years ago!!!!

The truth is about D is that he seems to only do enough to keep his job. He got a heck of a class in this year from junior college and transfers. This is of course following a year in which they didn't qualify for the SEC tourney. He recruits more TN players than you think but developing talent is by far his worst weakness. If you notice, many pitchers will do the same or even better in their freshman and sophomore years than they will do junior and senior. This is also true for many position players. He likes to get the junior college and transfers in who's talent is already developed. Coach D is a coach who has the ability to be good(multiple trips to the World Series), but it seems his inconsistency has led him to the end of his tenure at UT. Without a regional or World Series bid this year or next, I would have to guarantee a relocation for D.

Agreed. But then again, I don't hear many people talking about firing Delmonico. It's almost as if people don't care about the program. Maybe if they had more local players it would increase fan support, and obviously if they started winning, like they are doing this year, they would gain more fan support. Fans of UT baseball are very fairweather, i guess.

As someone pointed out, every couple years he has a good season. That is what has kept his job. But, as I said when I started this thread, there is plenty enough talent in this state to build a champion calibur team, but they are not recruiting it. That is one of their biggest problems, in my opinion.