TnVols23

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is an expert opinion (haha) on Heritage. Walker vs Lindsay. And whether or not Ronald Osborne is overrated.

Maryville pasted Heritage in 97 and 98. They went to State both of those seasons and won in 1998. I am sure there were a lot of people at that time wondering if Heritage would ever beat Maryville again, and also thought Heritage was terrible. Then came 1999. Heritage upset Maryville on their home field. Then in 2000 shut Maryville out 28-0 even though Maryville rebounded and went on to win another State title. My point being be careful of what you say about this. Heritage has a new coach coming in and they will either be better or worse but they will not be exactly as they were under the previous coach. My guess is they will be better. And that is not a knock on their previous coach but new blood can sometimes help to turn things around.

Walker has speed and Lindsay has size and decent speed. Basically they are two different types of backs. Lindsay's size makes him more of a DI college prospect. And his future there may be at linebacker. Both are good backs and any high school coach worth his salt would be glad to have either one of them. Even with good backs the boys up front have to do their job and the numbers these two guys will put up this season will depend a lot on their people up front.

Ronald Osborne is an athlete. Plain and simple. I could not believe that WB did not line him up at receiver last year since they had walker in the backfield. His lining up wide would have automatically stretched the defense. My guess is Meadows will use him at receiver. Maryville is successful under Quarles because his offensive scheme requires the defense to cover the entire field. If WB's running game got shut down last year they were in trouble. I have watched Ronald play sports since he was in early middle school years. I watched him in an all star baseball game at Maryville a few years ago and he hit one over the center field fence, across pistol creek and the ball finally stopped rolling after it got to the infield of a field on the other side of the creek. He was also good in basketball at the middle school. When Maryville beat Alcoa 56-12 two years ago their first touchdown was a 65 yard pass to Osborne against Maryville's first string defense and Osborne was only a freshman then. With the ball in his hands he can make things happen. Again line play and QB ability has to come into play here. WB will need a QB who can deliver the ball and a line that can give him the time to do it.

why are we even talking about heritage, they are terrible every year at just about every sport and i dont see how next year will be any different. and i agree with thte statement about lindsay, walker is fast and everything but he doesnt have the dize and the brins about the game to do well in any college situation unless he is a kick returner or something along those lines.

You give Maryville fans a bad name by downing someone who is not even in your classification. Why not support Heritage until you play them? Because you are so cocky and arrogant you don't want anyone else to succeed except Maryville. Let's see the coach coming into Heritage turned around a Fairview program that was 0-10 the year before he came and he won 20 games in four years with three playoff appearances. Also Fairview's first playoff win in a decade. 20 wins may not seems like alot to Maryville fans but put this in perspective the decade before Rewis, Fairview only won 19 games. So say there is a pretty good chance Rewis will turn that program around. How about you show some class towards the other teams in your county instead of having your head up Maryville's butt the whole time.

That's what I'm talking about... two VERY classy, dignified and INTELLIGENT posts. Thanks, guys, Heritage has had it rough, but, as RebelRaider does not seem to understand, the boys that have played, and are going to play have feelings and heart. I am so very glad that I do not judge Maryville fans on one young kid's babbling, but unfortunately, some people do. My son has some good friends that were on 2003 team (Congratulations, Rebels) and these young men have class and dignity. So I can only assume that this young man does not play ball, or he would know better than to post such rubbish.

ANYWAY... good luck to all four Blount County teams, I love them all!!!

why are we even talking about heritage, they are terrible every year at just about every sport and i dont see how next year will be any different. and i agree with thte statement about lindsay, walker is fast and everything but he doesnt have the dize and the brins about the game to do well in any college situation unless he is a kick returner or something along those lines.

#1 - Brad is an honor roll student, which I think answers your concerns about his "brins".

#2 - As a sophomore, he played at 6'0", 190 - and he'll be heavier this year, plus he's a monster in the weight room - I think his "dize" will be fine.

#3 - From the looks of it, you might ought to be a little more worried about your own "dize and brins" instead of Brad's.

Have a good one!

#1 - Brad is an honor roll student, which I think answers your concerns about his "brins".

#2 - As a sophomore, he played at 6'0", 190 - and he'll be heavier this year, plus he's a monster in the weight room - I think his "dize" will be fine.

#3 - From the looks of it, you might ought to be a little more worried about your own "dize and brins" instead of Brad's.

Have a good one!

I was a tad off in my thinking GovMan i figured him to be 5'10" or so. Of course I only see him once a year so I was guestimating. :D I will try to use my brin a little better next time i estimate dize!

mhs,

6'0" is what Brad is listed as in last year's program ... you know how that goes --but I don't doubt the 190 -- he's a pretty stout kid when you look at him.

Good assesment of Ronald. I don't believe Coach Meadows would mind me sharing this ... I spoke with him this past weekend and he said the Gov's will definitely work on ways of getting the ball into Ronald's hands on a regular basis in the offensive scheme this year. I say, "bravo".

I don't doubt that a bit GovMan. I remember when he was at Alcoa he used as many weapons as possible and he had a lot at his disposal that year. And Walker obviously has plenty of size to go along with his speed. Chris Mccord I think was listed at 5'10 and 190 last year and of course he did not have near the speed walker has.

mhs

Great posts. I will never forget the whippings that Heritage gave Maryville those 2 years. A lot of people don't realize this but Danny Wilson is the only coach that can say he has an 2-0 record vs George Quarles as a head coach. From what I hear about Tommy Rewis he is a very good coach. He will have his work cut out for him at Heritage. But! Heritage could have a very good program. The Heritage fans,school administration and the Porter,Eagleton,Walland,Rockford and Townsend communities need to get behind Heritage Football. There are a lot of good athletes in those communities. Those kids need to be interested in Heritage football and quit coming to Alcoa,Maryville and South Doyle to play ball. A lot of the Rockford kids go to Alcoa and South Doyle.

qb#7 played on the Maryville 1998 state title team and the 97 runner up team. He told me that Maryville had a lot of good players in those days. He told me that he never played with anyone who had the talent and skill that Ronald Osbourne and Brad Walker has.