Fastest pitcher in the state

TheOne6

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know Michelle Smith holds the fastest time recorded at 72 mph. I read this a few years ago when the Olympic Team took gold in the Atlanta games. She has a ball named after her "the Worth K-Master" so I suppose she is the fastest ever recorded. 67 mph is the fastest I have ever heard from a high-schooler and that my friends is bringing it. My vote is for Megan Rhodes, Danielle Perroni, or the freshman #4 from Soddy, sorry but I do not recall her name.

#4 from Soddy is Nikki Waters. She pitched two perfect games on Saturday at Lincoln County. One against Forrest and the other in the championship game against Centennial. She and Stacey both did an awesome job this weekend! Congrats to all the Soddy players! :D

I can hardly believe how "fast" some of these pitchers throw. I mean I know there are some fast pitchers out there but this is the first I have ever heard of these player except for Brittany Johnson and I dont think she throws 67mph. I mean i was watching College softball on t.v Arizona vs. olympic team, Jennie Finch and Cat Osterman were throwing 67 mph. and thats as high as they got up to. I just believe some of these are exaggerated alot! I am a pitcher I throw almost 60 and i dont think its bad considering the size I am! But none of the little or hardly any Middle Tenn. teams get mentioned in the exception of Brittany Johnson who I have played against. But there are GOOD pitchers out there who just never get noticed who are just as good or maybe even better!

I was at Border Battle and had the gun on Meghan for 3 innings. The fastest pitch she threw was 61, but was consistently around 60-61 with her fastball. Her off speed pitches were slower and in the middle 50's. Of course her change up was much slower.

As far as Brittany Johnson, she doesn't throw 67. She throws low 60's and that is it. Had the gun on her.

On that note, one pitch at 67 doesn't mean a player throws 67. Ex. my neice threw (according to the gun) 68 when she was 14 (20 now). She hasn't thrown one that fast since then. She is consistently around 63.

I myself, had a daughter take pitching lessons at Club K and I take the "board" with a grain of salt!

My 2 cents worth!

:blink::blink: Just because somebody doesnt throw 67 when you have the gun on her doesnt mean she doesnt throw that speed and throw it quite often. A lot of other factors need to be figured in . A females hormonal sytem goes thrown many changes throughout the month. When hormone levels like progestrogen,estrogen, LH and FSH change in a females body so does her athletic ability. Sometimes the female athelete will perform at peak levels, other times she will not perform her best. Hormonal levels affect athletic ability; it is a medically known fact. Also one needs to take into account how many innings the young lady has pitched that week, and how tired or rested she is. One other reason not to see peak speeds is during some games peak speeds are not what she needs ; she slows it down a little to gain more control. Other times speed alone may be what she needs to win the game. Good pitchers also know the advantages of changing speeds. The most successful ones do this ALOT. I know most of the pitchers mentioned on this board and the speeds stated here are pretty correct.