maryville players

rebelbaseball15

Alcoa has a few "good" athletes, i'm not even sure i'm willing to admit that...This guy goes on a list of the good players and runs short on 6...Would you like me to list all of maryvilles good players? I would but it would be much easier for me to just tell you to buy a program, they're all in there. Give it up, Alcoa is awful...

I'm not gonna take anything from Maryville because they are winning, but that's not because of the "great" or "good" players they had. Anyone who's from around blount county will tell you that Alcoa has always had more talent than any other Blount County team!! Alcoa just lacks the coaching year in and year out and the depth! In 2000 Alcoa had a great coach, and splenty of GREAT althletes and they beat everybody! I don't know about this year, Maybe Maryville has the upper hand in talent. We'll just have to wait and see in August!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen to this guy, Flashy, 2000? that was 4 years ago, there aren't even any more people from those teams around... Quit livin in the past, however if you want to relive the past i might remind you of a certain team winning a few state championships...but that's all said and done for now, what there is to talk about is the game in august, that will feature alcoa's 2 players, and maryville's team... However that game sort of is like the past... We do know the winner... (Maryville)

Edited by NoOneParticular

Listen to this guy, Flashy, 2000? that was 4 years ago, there aren't even any more people from those teams around... Quit livin in the past, however if you want to relive the past i might remind you of a certain team winning a few state championships...but that's all said and done for now, what there is to talk about is the game in august, that will feature alcoa's 2 players, and maryville's team... However that game sort of is like the past... We do know the winner... (Maryville)

Listen here buddy I'm just talking about talent period!! Alcoa has more talent than Maryville, but they do lack the coaching and depth! That goes for most of the other sports buddy!! Say what you want to say, but We'll see in August!! You guys from Maryville are a little cocky huh?? Don't get the big head just yet!!

Give it up, Alcoa is awful...

Ok NoOneParticular, I think Alcoa made it just as far as Maryville did in the playoffs last year, except we weren't crying and making up excuses when we lost. We'll just see how awful Alcoa is on August 27th.

Tom

Us Rebel fans didn't make any excuses when MOWest beat Maryville. 99% of the Rebel fans on this site congratulated MOWest on their win. I congratulated MOWest several times on their win over Maryville. I congratulated Alcoa on their win in 2000 over Maryville. I went to a former Alcoa player(Joey Garland) I know real well that played on that 2000 team and hugged his neck after that game. I remember telling him to tell his teamates to win the rest of them. That is excactly what they did.

mhs is right about one thing, A lot of Alcoa fans throw up the "Maryville is bigger than us" banter all the time.

Listen here buddy I'm just talking about talent period!! Alcoa has more talent than Maryville, but they do lack the coaching and depth! That goes for most of the other sports buddy!! Say what you want to say, but We'll see in August!! You guys from Maryville are a little cocky huh?? Don't get the big head just yet!!

I'm sure that statement about the coaching makes the coaches past and present feel really good. Football is the ultimate team sport. And for the past three years Maryville has by far had the better team. You can say Alcoa has more talent all you want. The combined score the past three years is 124-31 and two of those games were played at Alcoa. Again it is funny because this recent topic on this thread came after Tom142 accused Maryville of crying after losing in the playoffs last year and excuses have been coming from Alcoa folks ever since.

I'm sure that statement about the coaching makes the coaches past and present feel really good. Football is the ultimate team sport. And for the past three years Maryville has by far had the better team. You can say Alcoa has more talent all you want. The combined score the past three years is 124-31 and two of those games were played at Alcoa. Again it is funny because this recent topic on this thread came after Tom142 accused Maryville of crying after losing in the playoffs last year and excuses have been coming from Alcoa folks ever since.

I'm going to say this one more time, MARYVILLE has a better program all together, coaches, discipline, work ethic,etc... I'm actually complimented them people! But when it comes to pure talent Alcoa has it! As far as I know it's always been that way!

I'm going to say this one more time, MARYVILLE has a better program all together, coaches, discipline, work ethic,etc... I'm actually complimented them people! But when it comes to pure talent Alcoa has it! As far as I know it's always been that way!

You say "But when it comes to pure talent Alcoa has it"? Right buddy, sure I'll take the wins over your perception of Alcoa's Talent anytime. You can think what you want; Maryville has a winning record in everything sports. It has been this way for many years. This year, trust me Alcoa would do well to cancel this game to avoid the can of whoop-butt that is going to be opened on the 27th of Aug. Maryville will score 50 points again with the 2nd and 3rd strings getting their share of snaps.