want to find a good qb?

qb#7

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humble is not overly proud or haughty, nor is it arrogant. It can be reflecting, expressing, or offered in a spirit of deference or submission my friend. Football is apart of life in Blount County. And in Blount County the best brand of football is played at Maryville High School.

Blount County is not the center of the football universe in Tennessee. People at Maryville seem to forget the pre-Hammondtree years and even his first couple of years.

Football is no more of a way of life in Blount County than anywhere else. It seems to me that there is way to much hype and ego about football in Blount County. Play the game and leave it on the field. There is way too much to be made about how good you guys are over there. I'm not anti-Maryville, I have family at Maryville. But sometimes I cannot stand the attitudes of Maryville fans in general. You have a great program: we know! You have good athletes, but not nearly even as good as Knox County. Keep playing the game and winning over there, but remember it is two hours on a Friday night. You can hype up football at Maryville all you want, but I enjoy the game at my high school as much as the players at Maryville do. On average, we lose a considerably large number of games a year compared to Maryville, and that humbles us. But I stilll enjoy every dang minute of my games. That's all that matters. I have a winning attitude, but sometimes I just can't get that winning feeling. But I want to strive to win. Maybe some of Maryville's fans would be humbled by a 55-16 score on the scoreboard in the other team's favor as they walk off the field. I know I was.

This is not an attack on Maryville, but I just thought I would get this off my chest. Like I said, I have family at Maryville and it is a great school. But don't tell me football is a way of life there, because it isn't. Some people there might want you to think it is, but it is an ego trip as far as I am concerned.

Football is a game, plain and simple. 2 hours on a Friday night.

How could you say that? knowing this is a board for Blount County fans to come and talk about the great Qb's in our county. Cade Thompson, i mean what can you say, a seasond vetern that can own all of Maryvilles records. Joei Fiegler who was all-state honorable mention that passed for over 2,000 yards and 24 Td's. I'm sure Wb will find someone to put in thier to do a good job. and heritage, well heritage will still be to thier normal ways.

How could you say that? knowing this is a board for Blount County fans to come and talk about the great Qb's in our county. Cade Thompson, i mean what can you say, a seasond vetern that can own all of Maryvilles records. Joei Fiegler who was all-state honorable mention that passed for over 2,000 yards and 24 Td's. I'm sure Wb will find someone to put in thier to do a good job. and heritage, well heritage will still be to thier normal ways.

A QB can not do everything on his own. I wouldn’t say to many bad things about Heritage. Sure they are down over there but the QB, Dustin Merreit of last year is being honored as an outstanding student athlete this weekend for having a 3.7GPA. That’s a great accomplishment in my book.

and besides that Alcoa and Maryville was rated as the number 3 rivalry in the nation about 8 or 9 years ago, and to be honest its heating up to that level again. and Wb is trying to get on that level to make it all a big race to get on top. so know your facts buddy

What facts? How about the fact that that those are 3-A and 4-A teams. What was Alcoa again last year?

There are no facts. You presented no facts. I would like to see that ranking. My post was basically an objective opinion, so please do me a favor and be quiet unless you have something smart to say.

What facts? How about the fact that that those are 3-A and 4-A teams. What was Alcoa again last year?

There are no facts. You presented no facts. I would like to see that ranking. My post was basically an objective opinion, so please do me a favor and be quiet unless you have something smart to say.

Most of us are smart enough to know you do not have any facts in your last post, just your opinion. Any thinking person knows HS Football is not life but a part of life. The thread was about good QB's, who is yours? Now I am glad I got that off my chest!

the fact is that your probally a washed up person who has never been on the field in your field. so don't tell e whats smart and whats not. and again Alcoa was 2-a in the semifinals with a J.V. team bassically. but yet down the stretch they held their own untill they played lipscomb. and about the rivalry, i dont have to have facts, even RebelRider might even tell you that, all though it might of lost some luster the past coulpe of years, this game year in and year out has the highest intensity around.