Popularity

Guest BIGRUSN

I see that the "lacrosse is too white and rich to catch on by golf is awesome" issue has already been covered so I won't mess with that.

How can you say that lacrosse won't catch on? In a few weeks go to a summer league lacrosse game from 4-7 PM and just look around. You will see thousands of guys from ages 7-40 fooling around with lacrosse sticks. Go to any pool in nashville and you will see plenty of kids carrying sticks around. when i was in 7th grade, no one had played lacrosse before. ever. this summer league is allowing much younger kids to pick up the game earlier--the skill level for high school lacrosse will continue to rise in a few years as the sport continues to catch on. there will also be a whole lot more teams. to say that it won't catch on is crazy--it already has.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Women's sports are gay? It's that kind of garbage that makes Unanymous89 look legitimate. Lacrosse's continued popularity is due in large part to the women's game. It increases the number of participants, coaches and families that get involved. If any school wants to start a lacrosse program, start a girls program at the same time and see it grow a whole lot quicker. It's puts pressure on other schools to start programs. Equity is here and it's a great thing. Plus, lax chicks rock anyway. I guarantee half of you couldn't move the ball the way some of these girls do. No pocket, more players on the field, tons more strategy, gettin' cracked on the head with a piece of hickory. Big deal they can't body check, watch the Men's Final Four in a few weeks, you'll see less then 5 guys gettin' blown up per game.

golden, learn to read, unanymous never said that wemon's sports are gay, they are good for wemon, but TITLE IX is holding back and cutting many men's programs. Learn to read golden before you get on here and and say something about a guy. I play golf too and yah he's not going anywhere with the lacrosse is too rich and whitething, because so if golf, but if you do look at some of the great golfers of all time, Jack Nicklaus, Lee Trevino, Vijay, and numerous others including Tiger only advanced in golf because their parents put lots of money into their golf game partially because they have a love for it, Trevino, and Nicklaus' dads worked another job so their sons could play golf, proving that no matter what, if the parents put money into it then they can advance. Having played a lot of high school and prior sports, I do think that golf is by far the hardest to advance because it is largely mental. Lax is slowly catching on, but last summer at my pool never once did I see a LAX sitck. LAX still though won't catch on in Tennessee until the public schools have teams or basically until it becomes TSSAA and the schools have to provide equipment, which most of them don't now since it isn't TSSAA, the public school kids have to have LAX programs and it needs to be TSSAA before it can truely catch on as a legitimate high school sport in Tennessee.

Guest BIGRUSN

Speaking of the most popular sports being accesable to everyone. It seems to me that Nascar is one of the top 3 most watched sports in the US. HOw many poeple do you know that have a nascar car. It doesnt matter if its accessable as much as it does that it intereesting to watch for the masses... speaking of... why is nascar interesting to watch?

I used to do alot of independent grass roots racing,and my dad has won over 5 world championships in boat racing, racing is a sport that is largely watched, but is white male dominated. In the top 3 divisions of NASCAR their is one black driver (trucks) and he isn't that good. NASCAR is not like most ordinary sports and should be kept out of that argument, its not a sport where only the players determine the outcome, racing is a lot of luck with engines and things. Racing isn't to be considered a sport, let's remember that this site is about HIGH SCHOOL sports moron.