Tennessee High School players at Vandy

JC4life

Out of all the colleges in TN, Vandy did the best recruiting from in-state,Lamar Divens,Theo Horrocks,Brandon Holmes,Demarcus Bradley,Cassen Jackson,Jeremy Gales,Jeff Jennings,.They got a Mr. Football winner and several players who were up for Mr. Football but didn`t win.How do you think these players will do at the next level?Will they have an impact on the team in the near future?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These players are going to Vandy due to the fact Vandy is bad!!!!!!! It's an easy sell to kid's that they can go to Vandy and play early. Let's face it, how many can go to UT and play their before the 3rd year?

Edited by cbg

I am a UT fan and will always be a UT fan. However, it is ridiculous at the amount of instate recruits the Big Orange ignores. These past couple of off years for them has been filled with guys from CA, OK, FL, and now Hawaii. Plenty of blue chippers are available right here in Tennessee. And it's not just the football program, basketball and baseball (especially) are guilty of this. Well, basketball is getting better. They signed Bradshaw from Memphis and are heavily recuiting The kid from Overton and Smith from Giles Co. Baseball won't get anyone unless it is from good ole' Farragut. Anyway, back to the subject. I hope the TN players that go to Vandy play a big part in a victory over UT in the next 4 years.

These players are going to Vandy due to the fact Vandy is bad!!!!!!! It's an easy sell to kid's that they can go to Vandy and play early. Let's face it, how many can go to UT and play their before the 3rd year?

i would go to vandy, and be a bottom feeder in the SEC and obtain a degree that would GUARANTEE me a job anywhere. A degree from UT is a bottom feeder compared to a degree at Vandy.

If they go to class and do their bookwork, they'll do fine in getting a wonderful education.

On the field, however, this is how they will do:

1. They will never play in a bowl game.

2. They will never experience a winning season on the field.

3. They will never come near competing for a championship of any kind.

Any more questions?

UT has about 4 tailbacks and 7 recievers that played immidiately. They will have a freshman playing quarterback this fall because I personally do not think it could be any worse than Rick Clausen and/or C.J. Leak, LOL!!!! Vandy's quarterback, Jay Cutler, could start for the Vols right now. Oh yeah, Michael Munoz (who may be the best O'Lineman in the nation) started at Tennessee as a freshman. Didn't a kid named Manning start as a freshman for the Vols back in 1994? The point to this is that college football is changing from the way it used to redshirt freshmen all the time. Today's freshmen players are expected to play immidiately.

Don't forget that as of last year, Vanderbilt had more linebackers in the NFL than any other school.

Manning and Munoz started as Freshmen by default. I think we all know why Rick Clausen is being given a shot at starting...CJ Leak is clearly the better quarterback, and may have even been better than Casey Clausen. Vanderbilt is an up and coming program, and will beat UT this year. Why? Because UT's players are beginning to think like the fans in this thread think...

Don't forget that as of last year, Vanderbilt had more linebackers in the NFL than any other school.

Manning and Munoz started as Freshmen by default.  I think we all know why Rick Clausen is being given a shot at starting...CJ Leak is clearly the better quarterback, and may have even been better than Casey Clausen.  Vanderbilt is an up and coming program, and will beat UT this year.  Why?  Because UT's players are beginning to think like the fans in this thread think...

Vandy will beat UT this year? What are you smoking. Vandy won't beat UT this year, next year, or any year this decade.

CJ Leak was a better quarterback than Casey Clausen? Bwaaahaaahaaahaaahaaahaaaaaaa! You've got to be kidding. A true freshman will beat both Leak and R. Clausen out in 2004. Neither belongs in the SEC.

You're right, once again their defense will have to keep their offense (which is stuck in 1987) on their backs. If not for John Chavis and the defensive players, Tennessee wouldn't have a hint of a winning season for the last couple of years. Vandy always plays people tough, especially Alabama and sometimes Tennessee.

Guest Oakland

i agree with tez on the argument that vandy is a program on the rise. they didnt win many games last year, but were much more competitive than they have been in the past. as for beating ut, i dont know bout that but if vandy could pull it off it would a huge step for vandy

Vandy is very fortunate in getting Cassen Jackson and Jeff Jennings. Both classy players and great students/citizens.

Jackson is one of the classiest players I've seen. He is a great student-athlete and as good as running back I've seen in East Tennessee since James Stewart or Leroy Thompson. If he would have had some help in the passing game, he might have been a state champion in football.

Jennings comes from a great football/athletic/academic family. His father Jeff (great receiver in 81), uncles Johnny (All-state in 84-85), Jarvis (All-state in 79), and Joey (All-conference in 85) as well as his grandfather, Sargent Jennings are all classy men. All were fine students as well. The Jennings' family has made a tremendous impact both academically and athletically on Jefferson County High School. When you talk about football/athletic/academic families in Jeff County, the Jennings' family has made arguably the biggest impact on Jeff County in the last 25 years.