2004 D-1 Prospects

addictedtosports.com

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best players in the state reside in Memphis TN this year.

Tom Lemming of ESPN has several Memphis players in his top 100 nationally...

Michael Oher-Briarcrest, OL...I know he personally has been offered by LSU, USC, NCSU, Ole Miss, OSU...also a standout basketball player.

Jeff Cottam-Germantown, TE...one of the top 6 Tight Ends in the country. Saw him the other day and he is huge, but still pretty athletic...plays AAU basketball in the summer (obviously he played center :lol: ). His brother plays TE for UT. I believe he had an uncle who coached at BYU so he has a lot of connections...great attitude.

Malcolm Rawls-East, OL...another big time recruit.

Those three are top 100, the following have also made a name for themselves nationally...

Rawls has a teammate who also is on on Lemmings list (definitely a top 150)...another OL, cant remember his name.

Todd Cox, Harding, Athlete...plays any position, played on the varsity in the 8th grade, made all state in the 9th, has been offered by USC, Auburn, UT, LSU and many other schools.

Lemming said that Cox and Oher both made his preseason All-American team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/...tory?id=1782098

Those are the best players in the state...I'm sure there are many other great players because there are some tremendous programs, but these are the ones I have heard about, Lemming believes they are the best...and so do the powerhouses schools.

Edited by TheEgoHasLanded

Murphy Fair's new page has a listing of this year's prospects and the level that they are projected:

http://www.murphyfair.com/prospects.html

Fans need to keep in mind, though, that Murphy is adding these as questionnaires are returned to him by coaches from around the state. Be patient if some teams are not represented yet simply because the form has not been returned.