I quit MJHS Softball heres my story!

melissa200403

lpmarlowe, you make some good points...

1.) "there is only 3 people who know the truth on what happened in the meeting between the coach and melissa"

2.) "none of us know the full extent of the conversation that took place between the three of them and i am sure we probably wont"

That's true, but tell me... whose fault is that?

Did Melissa's parents just fail to show up for a meeting with the "coach"?

NO! He refused to talk with them in the room.

Was it Melissa's idea to sit in there by herself and listen to that nonsense, only to have people say later that what she was subjected to "may have been said"?

Of course not! She wanted to resolve a problem and he wouldn't even TALK about it until she was alone with no witnesses.

Melissa's parents are good and honest people. Why were they excluded from that meeting?

So you're right... we don't "know" what was said and we probably never will.

That's the way that meeting was designed and that's all I need to tell me who has something to hide... and it's certainly NOT Melissa or her parents.

If anyone can give me even ONE good reason why these two men would only talk to Melissa when she was alone, I'd sure like to hear it.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This entire story concerning Melissa and her family as it relates to the coach and the team is quite troubling and may I add a tad askew :angry: I can relate in some aspects to what Melissa went through. I played on a summer league team and in my last year quit the team because of a dispute with a coach over playing time.

He actually played his little kid who couldn't catch a cold :o But Hey , I digress!! Now what happen after is quite astonishing and in some ways refreshing :angry:

I went and played for another team that season that was an up and coming team but hadn't won a game.. I joined another player on the team who also left his club under similar circumstances :o We played the game for all the fun and fellowship that sports has to offer.. End result, WE DID WIN A GAME and who was it against you wonder.. Well it was against my former team.. YES !!

Now I know that Melissa can't play for another high school team, but if she could wouldn't it be nice if she defeated her former team and got the true respect she deserves... It would make for a nice ABC After School movie B)

REPRESENTING !!!

I think Melissa is a big baby and was looking for a reason to quit the team. Her hitting had been a problem all year and her batting average shows that. The new first baseman is a better hitter, her average shows it.

It is amazing to me how so many people take the word of this young lady as gospel and immediatly call for the coaches firing. None of us know what was said or not. Unlike players and parents, coaches can't stoop down and get on CoachT and run down their players or even tell their side of the story. It's unprofessional and then he would definitely get fired.

As far as the meeting, the parents probably came to the school demanding a meeting and cussing the coach and AD. That's a good enough reason to exclude them from the meeting. Until we know the truth let's not all jump on the "FIRE THE COACH" bandwagon.

Melissa: You did the right thing by quitting. You should still play ball as you deserve too. But one reason you should't have quit is so you can prove yourself to the coach, that he doesn't bother you. That you yourself are stronger than his words or actions. Softball players are tough and players stick together. You should do your best in every practice and every game you had left and prove yourself that he can't make you quit your love for the game. People that actually watch would start to wonder and may even say something about it. I would send your story to the paper, especially all that are locally. You don't even have to give out names, just so when some people read it, they would have guilt.

And to THAGAME: We believe Melissa because it's believable. When the coach or Athletic Director gets on here and tries to tell their side of the story, then maybe we might know what went on in their eyes. They are allowed to get on here like any other person or player and state their opinion. They just don't maybe it's because of a guilty mind or maybe they haven't had the chance. Either way unitl they get on here and state their opinion I agree FULLY with Melissa on everything.

Does the coach of MJHS softball teach anywhere around there or at the HS??

I feel for this player, but I think the coach doesnt post because he doesnt feel it is any of our business. This all has turned into speculation and gossip. It is a no win situation for him. It probably best for us to abandon the issue and encourage the young lady and her parents to go through the proper channels to take action if they still feel the need to do so.

Melissa,

I have gone through a very similar experience myself. I am out of highschool and college now, but when I was in junior high I lost my grandfather during basketball season. I was a freshman and in every game UP TO the point of losing my grandfather (7-9th grade) I got a lot of playing time. I missed 1 practice and 1 ballgame for the funeral plus I was extremely sick with a virus. The next game after this happened I suddenly was rejected any play time at all. This was very strange because I had always gotten a considerable amount of time out on the floor. Not only did I not get to play at ALL during the first-half (very much NOT like the coach) but the coach began putting in all the 7th graders and the players who had no experience over me. My uncle had also driven a long way to see me play in this game. I was VERY insulted. I felt as if this was a direct PUNISHMENT for missing a game because of the death of my grandfather. After the game, I confronted the coach asking him what the deal was. He told me it was because I missed a game due to the death of my grandfather. I told him that I didn't understand and would need further explanation. I had devoted so much time and effort to the team and felt this was undue punishment for something tragic that had happened in my life. He simply said he was afraid I would be "out of the loop" from missing 1 game. Now come on..... that's ridiculous. I never got to the bottom of it because he wouldn't discuss it any further with me. Now that I look back on it, I truly regret NOT standing up for myself more than just confronting him about it. I should have quit. I feel that I was treated unfairly merely because of the fact that my grandfather passed away.

Kudos Melissa for standing up for yourself. I commend you!

I went throught the same things Melissa did. We were in it together. I love her like a sister and she did what she did cuz she felt she had to. I just look at it as coach says what he says to make u mad and that its supposed to make u play better. If u r mad at him then u cant be mad at each other and as of now that has worked. I am not mad at any of the girls for leaving. It hurt me because they r my friends but i love them as people! I wish that evrybody would just leave this topic alone and let it be. The MJ team has been through enough and it stinks that we still have to be talked about on here. Please have respect for us and just let it be. I love u melissa maegan and susan!!!