Most Fun Event

saywhat?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have a couple things to add:

mysteryhurdler, if you are in fact a hurdler, then you should know that there is no jumping involved.

BHSfootball, you should probably learn to spell the word correctly before you start claiming that you are a decathlete (especially since you are calling people idoits and telling them that they need to learn how to spell on other threads).

mysteryhurdler, if you are in fact a hurdler, then you should know that there is no jumping involved.

BHSfootball, you should probably learn to spell the word correctly before you start claiming that you are a decathlete (especially since you are calling people idoits and telling them that they need to learn how to spell on other threads).

Its a typo. He totally misused that word in what he wrote.

Don't get on me. What do you mean claim? I am a decathlete. I'm also pretty darn good at my other events. The crap posted in that other thread has nothing to do with this one and I'm done talking about it. Step off.

From my days of track, i would say that the most fun event is pole vault, theres no greater feeling than when you a clear a new height for the first time. Also 4x1 was a lotta fun. However i think the most fun even to watch is the 400. I love it, in my opinion it is one of the most difficult too, bc that is a loooong spint.

Note: I am not the real nick forte that throws shot put.

Its a typo. He totally misused that word in what he wrote.

Don't get on me. What do you mean claim? I am a decathlete. I'm also pretty darn good at my other events. The crap posted in that other thread has nothing to do with this one and I'm done talking about it. Step off.

Nah, it's cool man...I just messing with ya...no worries

To me, track and field is a very exciting sport because of the different styles of athleticism displayed. As someone posted, watching the sprinters come off the curve in the 200 is awesome. Pole vaulters I simply admire for courage. The grace of the high jump and the speed and power of the long and triple jumps is great. But for my dollar, the 4x110m Shuttle Hurdle relay with four good hurdlers is the most exciting event going.

Another thing I like about track (and wrestling) is that for the most part you are solely accountable for your success or failure. Not much finger pointing in track B)

I would have to say that pole vaulting is the funnest event i do in track even though im not that good at it...it is such a rush flying through the air even if your not going 14 or 15 feet. it is one of the most physically demanding events i believe simply because you use your legs as well as your upper body and abs and back. to watch, i like javelin and watching a very good shotputter like bubis in the regional meet on tuesday. hearing them scream and launch the shot over 50 feet is neat

110 hurdles when everything goes right -- low over the hurdles, three steps, fast execution -- nothing beats that feeling for me. 300 hurdles are good also, but it precision the whole race to pull off a good time, stutter step on any hurdle and it's gone.