McCallie's state chances

Crash32

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D I would say that if McCallie begins to play like they did in the Parkview tournament that they will fly through the Region without any problems. This is a big if however as the last half of the season has been less than beauteous. I think that even though they have lost the physical play of Larkin M. for the rest of the season to a knee injury, they will benefit from the touches that they will get from Nouri in the middle and the distribution that they get from him also. If Chris P. is finally healthy it could also make a big difference.

Keeping the ball on the ground and out of the air during their posessions will also be a key as they seem to be smaller than any team that they have played this year. They also must work on their finishing as the last game they had lots of chances that could have been finished but were not. Short low shots are the shots that will score, not 30 and 40 yarders.

I really think that this year's team is better than last year's group in general but they just haven't put it all together yet. Let's hope that they next few week is when this will happen. :lol:

Read the field, I too believe McCallie on any given day can be a handful for most any team, yet I fail to see the logic in that they could fly by in the Regional tournament. I see Catholic as a Big Wall in that path. I have watched both teams and what I see the REAL difference in the two teams is Catholic Really believes and McCallie doesn't , I wish them all the luck because I think Tony Myers is a great Coach, but the game is played as much between the ears as between the lines.. Just an observation though

gameball,

The difference that I see between Catholic and McCallie is that Catholic knows how to win the close ones and up to this point McCallie hasn't figured that out yet. I think that with a little tweaking McCallie should be able to do what it needs to do to get the job done. They probably have one of the smartest teams in the state but up to this point haven't played to their strengths and also to their opponents' weaknesses. I really believe that all they need to do is play soccer like they know how to play it from their select teams and all of the problems will be gone. Playing the ball to space, spreading the defenses, shooting short shots, attacking from the wings, not out running the support, and supporting one another, in other words, all the basics of good soccer is all they need to put into play and they will make it to state for sure and do well there if they just execute like I have seen them earlier in the year. 'Tis just my opinion of course. :D

Soccerpro, Are You from the middle or the west?? You are going to be surpised my dear friend both these teams can play. They are not in my division , but I have seen them both play at least 3 times each. And by the way snowballs do quite well at the north pole in July ;so can snowballs survive in July ?? YOU BET and so can Catholic or Mcallie against the middle and west!!

Soccerpro, Are You from the middle or the west?? You are going to be surpised my dear friend both these teams can play. They are not in my division , but I have seen them both play at least 3 times each. And by the way snowballs do quite well at the north pole in July ;so can snowballs survive in July ?? YOU BET and so can Catholic or Mcallie against the middle and west!!

Good catch! I didn't specify latitude but I don't think soccer is played at the Poles - at least not by McCallie and Catholic.

I think that McCallie can beat Notre Dame, but I don't think they can beat Catholic. Only time will tell though. Their first step is tommorow night against Notre Dame, and we'll see how they do then. Good luck to all DII East Region teams throughout the playoffs, and may the two best teams advance to Memphis.

The games i have seen Mc play they have played "REC" level long ball soccer. Why? I'm told that most, if not all, of their team are select players with years of excellent coaching. What makes them forget everything they have been taught so suddenly? They have the potential but something is amiss. Readthefield's post sounds like a Select/ODP coach who sees what I saw.

I made it to the earlier ND/Mc game and was very disappointed in the level of play. it was goelie to goalie kickball or fullback to goalie kickball.

Mc is clearly better inspite of a weak

Today it is Mc 2-0 - unless Miller controls the game and he may just play Mc single handedly through the game, overtimes and then a shootout.

Hope the refs are better than those at ND too.