AAA Regions starting to take shape

davidlimbaugh

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not gona happen with waldrop on the mound and the bats awake in admiral land

Gameday, are you sure Waldrop is pitching Monday. I don't know if he would pitch Monday and Friday when Friday(sub-state) is the most important game of the year....just wondering if you were thinking he is gonna pitch or if you have inside info on TKW.

Gameday, are you sure Waldrop is pitching Monday. I don't know if he would pitch Monday and Friday when Friday(sub-state) is the most important game of the year....just wondering if you were thinking he is gonna pitch or if you have inside info on TKW.

So you mean winning Monday which is lose and go home isn't important? My assumption is Waldrop obviously starts because it is a huge game, and then if they win he would throw again Friday. I don't think asking him to thow Monday-Friday is too much to ask with the low pitch counts he's had this year. However I believe that Farragut could put any of their pitchers on the mound against most anyone and still get the W!

FH- I hate to be rude but its Karns. They have a losing record and Farragut is in the top 10 nationally in multiple polls.

Having a well rested Waldrop for a game that they could lose (sub-state) is more important.

However, you make a good point that he could pitch both games. The three days rest would be similar to what he did last week.(Sat vs Maryville and Wed vs S-D) and he said that the second start was completely his decision. We'll just have to see but I tend to think he will pitch both games, i'm just not sure if it is smart...

Do YOU play for Farragut mhusband? Cause I highly doubt that Coach Pharr would leave a pitching decision up to a player. He probably asked Kyle IF he was able to throw, which obviously by the result he was fine, so why would it not be smart to throw him both games as well? And I agree with you on the fact that Farragut could throw any of their pitchers and most likely win most games.

FH-

First off, lets calm down.

I do not play baseball, i don't see how that is relevand-Kyle talks to people who don't play baseball-but you are correct i do not play.

I'm telling you that Kyle told people that it was his decision to pitch or not to pitch in the S-D game. Believe it or don't i don't care.

It would be a bad idea because...Farragut could win with any pitcher (which we have agreed upon) and a well rested Kyle is going to be more effective than he would be if he pitched on three days rest. The S-D game is evidence of that-he gave up his first HR and first earned run of the season in that game. This is my argument...any pitcher is better when fully rested.

I think Kyle will throw Mon and Fri, I just don't think it is smart.

It looks to me like someone thinks he should be a baseball coach. I talked to kyle before the game too, cause i also see him away from the field and he was asked by coach pharr if he was o.k. to throw and kyle said yes, and from more experience, ive been around farragut baseball enough to say that it doesnt matter who you are, no player will call the shots and run the team, much less tell coach pharr that its his decision to pitch. Also, are you trying to tell me that b/c he threw one bad pitch to ross that ross took advantage of that it was b/c he wasnt rested? Give me a break. A couple of his pitches got hit hard, give credit to the ones that hit them and stop making excuses that he wasnt rested. 3 days is plenty for him b/c of his pitchcounts and i guarantee you that he didnt gave up the run b/c he was underrested. therefore, that isnt to much good "evidence" that he is more effective if he has 4 days rest instead of 3. One last thing, get your evidence straight and stop making up stories that kyle is going around telling people that stuff, cause hes a team player and he would never try to call the shots on the team like you're hinting at.

Edited by gameday24

after coaching HS baseball for 14 years - it would be easy for a JR or SR to start on Monday and Friday - in fact teams with only two pitchers do that all day long

Week 1 go with number one on mon, fri and #2 on Wed for district games and

Week 2 #2 goes mon and fri and #1 goes wed - now some districts don't play that schedule any more but there are still some that do - 4 days rest is plenty- watch and see in the state tourney if some of these guys go the next day after a start or with 1 or 2 days rest - used to be that 3 days rest was the standard - we are breeding a bunch of pampered players - if we think pitching on 4 days rest might be harmful - give me a break!!!!!!!!!! and before you have a smart comment about mon - fri is not 4 days well it is minus about 2 or 3 hours

mhusband you are clueless -

Edited by baseballwizard