baseball- one classification ?

hammer dawg

According to the Jackson Sun, the TSSAA met in Jackson Tn. - Thursday at Union University. They met to discuss the Z plan for football- in a quote from the Sun, Carter said "I would have 3 classifications for football and for basketball, baseball, softball, I would have just one class." What is he thinking???

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching this board and knowing some of the people on it, I can tell you this Money is at the heart of these decisions. I am in favor of keeping kids off the buses for two to three hours prior to and after a game. I am not sure if the board looked very hard at other alternatives, because most decisions are driven by knee jerk philosophy rather than forward thinking. But this is also an attempt to get more people to the games, which is a good thing. And to be sure the cost of a ticket will be raised in the very near future. I also agree that private, invitational type schools should play within their own class. I see nothing wrong with the current system; it works except for the private schools having an advantage, in my view. I do think Tennessee could go to a 3 class system for the public schools. The some of private ones, could charter a jet to cut down on their travel times. (Just Kidding on the jet thing)

Why is everyone so upset? If you read the article you will find that Coach Carter said that he would do that if it were his decision. This is not his decision, it will be the decision of the board.

But allow me to ask one question if I may. Why would everyone not support the idea of Coach Carter? Except for football you would find the true state champion in each sport. Is everyone in Tennessee a coward, why are you running from competition?

Why is everyone so upset? If you read the article you will find that Coach Carter said that he would do that if it were his decision. This is not his decision, it will be the decision of the board.

But allow me to ask one question if I may. Why would everyone not support the idea of Coach Carter? Except for football you would find the true state champion in each sport. Is everyone in Tennessee a coward, why are you running from competition?

That is one of the most ludicrous statements I have ever seen posted on this board. Trust me Tennessee sports would never run from competition. How is it fair that a scholl with 150 kids could compete with a school of 2000? It's not fair and don't bring up some exception to the rules because there are always some. Ronnie Carter is money driven and that is it. No one will ever support him because of his past actions.

apparently you haven't been around the game too long- :D I can't believe Tn. HS baseball hasn't pushed for a 4 or even a 5 classification sysytem like football

It sounds like the boy's/girl's from the great state of Tennessee may have a big yellow streak running down their back. If you are not a coward why would you not want only one true state champion. The real studs would be willing to take on everyone.

HV,

Is life not great when it is raining on a Saturday afternoon? The Vols are down to South Carolina 2-0 in the 9th so we need to take our fustration out on someone. Maybe I should aim my fustration at old "Ray Bans" (he would be an easy target) what do you think?

Edited by cbg

Craig Cobb really pitched well in the game and on the season for the Vols, I hated ro see him lose. He must be the best walkon pitcher in the SEC. Too bad he wasn't from out-of-state so he could haven gotten some scholarship money last year. He's going to have to get some $$$ for next season.

Last I heard Auburn was losing, so the 8th place is still looking good for Ray-Bans. :D