Single A State Champion?

Firstbaseman22

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, here's the low-down.....every team in the bottom bracket blows, and whoever gets so far as the championship will most likely be run-ruled by either Friendship Christian, Goodpasture, or USJ. It's sad the TSSAA had to set it up that way and deprive us of an exciting championship game.

Mt. Pleasant.....you are horrible. You play nobody, build up your record, and beat a mediocre team to move on to state. Sadly, since the rest of your bracket is horrible as well, you actually have a chance to make it to the final. No matter how good you and all these stupid Tennessean people think you are, I promise you will not leave Memphis with a championship.

Edited by region_5a#1

Goodpasture.....I hate you, but unlike Mt. Pleasant, you are good and very much deserving of a state championship. I wish you the best of luck in Memphis against USJ and FCS, because we all know you won't have any trouble with that lower bracket.

Edited by region_5a#1

Though I am a huge Unaka fan and really think they have a shot to win, it depends on which Unaka team shows up. If the team theat plays well and keeps on their toes, and plays to the end, Unaka will go far. But if the team that thinks they'll win and only put a half hearted effort in it, they'll lose. On any given day, any kind of team can win. It depends on who is having a good/bad day. Unaka has some awesome players and have some amazing coaches, so let's see how it goes. With Randy pitching, and having a good defense behind him, they'll go far. That is if everyone shows up ready to play. I belive that with Randy pitching, Huskins catching, Pasquale or Blevins on first/third, Chambers on 2nd, Lewis on SS, McInturff or Bowers in RF, McCann in CF, and Collins in LF it should be a good defense for a good game. If the team shows up that showed up at the sub-state game, they'll fight through every inning.

Good luck to all teams who made it to the state, but especially Unaka!! B)

Ranger87...did you come to Union City in 2000 with the team from Elizabethton that played in the Southeast Regionals? Everyone associated with that team was a class act.

No, I wasn't there. My son is a year or two behind most of those players but that's who he's come up through the leagues with. He's a freshman on this years team.