BA 2004

Just an update...... we lifted Monday and Tuesday and tested today on a couple of agilitly drills, vertical jump, and 40, and Thursday we will be doing the bench and squat maxs. We will than have the weekend off to get ready for what should be some intense ( since we started a week late ) two-a-days. They will be Monday-Thursday from 8:45-11 and 3:45-6 with a scrimmage on Friday for the next two weeks, followed by a week of preparation for Centennial and the opener at home on week 0 ( Aug. 20 ). I wish I could provide a list of 40 times but I simply can't remember most of them. However I can say this will be one of BA's faster teams, with what seemed like more than a normal amount of guys running between a 4.4 and 4.6. Maybe another player can give some exact numbers- and I'll try to remember some of the more impressive squat and bench numbers tommorow ( Nick's of course ).

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Kofi has some hops, I look forward to seeing what he can do on the field this year. We did max outs on Thursday, they were a little different, we had to do between 3-9 reps, so it's almost impossible to remember who did what how many times. But some of the more impressive numbers came from Josh Butler, Drew McElhenny, Nick Forte, Tyler Griffin, and Jason Huie. Probably the most impressive thing to me was Josh doing 450 on squat around 8 or 9 times easily. Practice starts Monday- it's the shortest amount of time we've ever had between opening day of practice and opening night- we'll see how it all works out.

This is Jason. One of the many people using this username. but i was very disappointed in my max out day because the coaches didnt want me doing leg-oriented stuff because i have knee tendonitis. I should of gotten 315 but that drained me

825295781[/snapback]

Jason that is dissapointing! I would be ashamed! Tendonitis is no excuse I played my who High School career with it and for you to use that as an excuse to get out of the drills is pathetic.

Thankyou and make it a great day!

Go Father Ryan!!!

This is Jason. One of the many people using this username. but i was very disappointed in my max out day because the coaches didnt want me doing leg-oriented stuff because i have knee tendonitis. I should of gotten 315 but that drained me

825295781[/snapback]

Yeah, Jason, stop being a weakling! Come on, man. :lol:

Heck, I can't even move a 315 pound object, much less lift it in the air. I think I'll forgive your disappointing day. :D

Good luck this season...kick some Super Seven butt.

One person who impressed me most when I was watching the 40 times was Bill Kottas.... a sophomore who will be getting some pt at wide reciever this year and he ran a 4.52 40 if im not mistaken. On max out day Josh Butler also shocked me as 705 said... Tremayne Townsend also shocked me with his power clean of 205 8 times and is a small guy kinda like his brother Theo

Hey watchthis I know who you are and your son is a very tall (brian) but the truth is I can take him and I would put a bet down that I could take anyone on this board. As for you wes your right you probably couldnt even move a 115 llb. object!

go McCallie!

825296108[/snapback]

Give me a little credit! :justwrestle:

I'm interested to hear how practice goes today...I hope the short preparation time doesn't hurt the Eagles against Centennial, but I don't suspect it will.

Today was the 1st day of two-a-days and it went pretty well. We looked good, for our first time back, on both defense and offense. Looks like Brad Bowker should get the start at QB with Griffin playing mostly on the defensive side of the ball. He could get some time at RB to. Some names that stuck out, Dillion Searcy the sophomore LB, who was playing some end today really stuck out. Heard coaches shouting his name a lot on the field today. Quickness, strength, and he can also hit. Kooda Taylor also stuck out with his enormous heiny. The kicking game is where we need to improve the most. Tyler Baker, sophomore, did not look very good today. It looks like the job will be between Baker and David Varn, junior. Newcomers Clay Boring and Phillip Masters i think will have to wait until next year for there shot, but you never know its only the first day. And dont worry Wes, we will be ready for Centennial.

First day of pracitce: B+

Edited by UTennFAN312