Williamson County 2004

FHSrebel27

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

And while I'm thinking about it since you went off on your little tangent about Fairview being looked down upon... ya know, we're getting a GREAT new building at FHS and are currently tearing down the old building (a sad event, very sad). What if we sent you some of the bricks? Would that make you feel better and like you have a better stand in the county? We'll get some grass from Brentwood and some of those rocks they have at Centennial. Then you can feel like the 5A school you're not. I mean seriously. It hasn't failed the past three years now at least. Everytime it comes to talk about WilCo football, the Fairview people get on here and complain. You're a 2A school... 2A schools can't compete with 3A and 5A schools or BA and BGA. That's just the way it is. Nothing wrong with that, especially if you're good at the 2A level. That's where there are classes. But when you're the only 2A school in a county full of 5A schools, you're just not going to be anywhere near the top in the county. Sorry.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many teams are in DII AA? Seven or eight? How many are in DI AA? give me a break!!!!!!!!!

FHSrebel 27,

Whenever you get on here again talking about WIlliamson Co. football be more specific...............I think you mean Frankllin, Centennial, Ravenwood, and Brentwood football!!!!!!!!!!!! You are an elitist! Get over yourself.............and by the way cram those bricks where the sun don't shine!!!!!!!!!!!!!f

As far as everyone else on this board, if you think I am wrong about Fairview being the stepchild of this county come take a look at our facilities and then look at Brentwood's n Franklins. Tell me where this county puts most of their money. I know the parents contribute to those programs but I'll bet you those school get more backing from the county (school board) than does Fairview.

FHSRebel 27

I thought people in the county were supposed to help each other out. If you were to pick one school in this county that could use some monetary help who would it be? Maybe...........FAIRVIEW! So while you elitists save a dollar or two Fairview gets hosed!!!!!!!! You are a jerk, THAT'S CRAZ I KNOW!!!!!!!!

I'm an elitist jerk... ok, we got that settled. Parental invovlement at Brentwood and Franklin, I know, accounts for most of what gets done. Ask fromthetop2 or BigDogDaddy, they'll tell ya. As far as the board giving more money to an FHS or BHS compared to a FvHS... that's true. How many kids does Fairview have though? Franklin has around 1692 whereas FvHS has 645. They're going to get more money simply because of that. The parents and supporting organizations (such as the Quarterback Club) do most of it though. Also, take into account that we're going to have bigger gates than a Fairview. Each year, we're guranteed a standing-room crowd with either Brentwood or Centennial. There's just more money coming in... and not just from the board... that's going to make our facilities better.

Edited by FHSrebel27

I understand that those schools need more money to run BUT that doesn't mean that a smaller school should get nothing!!!!!! I am inviting you to come look at our weight facilities. It is about the size of a janetorial storage room. Come look at our grass on our game field. We can't even practice on our practice field (the county did pay for and install this field) because it is unsafe....and there is no grass on it.

I don't want to get off the main subject too far though. Fairview has overcome all kinds of obstacles to get where they are now. I'm glad that people like yourself post the things you do because we show our kids what you post. We show them that they have to prove idiots (like yourself) wrong and they win in spite!!!!!!!!!!! So thanks. And it would be helpful if you could clarify schools you want to talk about when dealing with WIlliamson county schools. I tell you what.........don't ever put Fairview on one of those polls again!!!!!!!!!!!Thanks!

Jsmack...you are badly misinformed...unfortunately the Williamson County School Board gives money to no school for athletics. There was a scheduled plan to upgrade facilities on an alternating basis between high schools and middle schools that didn't get followed through on. That was the monies that paid for the new dressing rooms...concession stands...bleachers and best I remember Fairview was in on that. As far as Brentwood, I assure you some of us dads have been at the school working more hours there than you have spent in school. We would love to have Fairview's (or anyone else's) lights. Seen our concession stand? We are totally embarrassed by the bathroom facilities!!!! Quit whining and get to work if you want to make things better!

Jsmack, show it to them. If it makes them want to go out and win, more power to ya. Then also show them what I'm about to say. I hope Fairview goes 15-0 and wins the 2A State Championship. Why wouldn't I?

DAD1 hits the nail on the head (though I still haven't figured out what's so bad about the lights at Brentwood... at least they don't go off when you get down by a lot in the secound round of the playoffs A LA Gallatin!) when it comes to the money issue.

Touche DAD1!

Our players, parents, administrators, and coaches work VERY hard to make this a respectable place.....whcih it is! Fairview did get a concessions stand, and that is MUCH appreciated. But all of our weightroom equipment won't fit in the concessions stand either. And by the way, I am whining about the lack of respect (EVERYONE DECLINING TO PLAY THE CO. JAMBOREE AT FAIRVIEW). Too bad we won't get much use out of that concessin stand HUH!!!!!!!!!

Explain to me why people rationalizing that Fairview can't compete with the bigger 5A schools because they have smaller numbers is a lack of respect for Fairview. Fairview is a good, solid team in their division and as such, they deserve respect. However, when it comes to ranking teams in Williamson Co., they just aren't up to par with the other schools. It's all a matter of numbers and in no way does this demean Fairview. So Jsmack, just relax, play good football, and win a gold trophy in ya'lls division. Don't let some stupid poll about Williamson Co. football get you bent out of shape.

Can't we just be friends....

BGA graduated several seniors and may be having a rebuilding year, but they are still a much better team than Fairview. BGA scrimmaged Fairview last year and scored every time they were on offense, and Fairview only got a couple of first downs. Fairview is nowhere in the same league as BGA.

BA will be the best in the county again this year as they are every year. Centennial will be a distant second followed by Franklin, Brentwood, BGA, and Ravenwood (any of these teams could fall anywhere from 3 to 6).

With the recruiting that goes on in DII you SHOULD have a better squad than Fairview. To think otherwise would make you look silly wouldn't it! However, Fairview will field one of the best squads that it has had in recent years. And since these schools have very similar athletes, I would have to take FHS in a dogfight because they play for pride! thumb