Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think it will be hard to replace phillip Bates because all of chs backs are returning and jason koenn will be replacing bates on defense well as venny noris and on the offensive side you have the main back Curtis steele who rushed over 1600 yds. comming back and tommy buchanan who rushed over 500 befor he got injured so the cougars should be in good shape

While I'm glad to see Tommy, Curtis and Jason playing both sides, which will help the Defense tremendously, there are some drawbacks. Tommy is fresh off an ACL recovery, and knowing what that is like, he will most likely have some problems with the knee, especially playing both sides. Jason Koenn is a beast, I'm not worried with him too much. Curtis Steele is a heck of a player, and is all muscle, but the problem is, he's about 130 lbs of all muscle. If I recall correctly, Steele had to be pulled out of the game many times last season because of serious cramps, because of a lack of potassium. We will see how that goes.

For clarification - I have watched the Cougar program since it's inception when my oldest was a freshman at Centennial. I was an avid Cougar fan for 5 years, then spent 1 year with divided attention as my second son was playing for the Cougars as a Senior, and my third son with the Rebels as a Freshman.

This will be my 9th year follwing Williamson County High School Football with my son now being a Senior at Franklin - and next year it will deminish a bit. Until then I will attempt to probe and offer my limited knowledge, and appreciate others opinions.

I continue to follow the Cougars closely, looking for them to have success (until tey play the Rebels).

On Offense -

The line is going to be bigger than in a long time, key is can they come together and be as technically sound as past lines. -- Initial indication, I think they will be great.

RB's - as strong a stable of horses as they have had since I have followed them. Waters, Hardeman, Starnes and plenty of horses to play fullback as well.

WR's - many feel this is an area that they would see the biggest decline from last year. However, Shannon Derricks reminds me of a bigger Kevyn Murray, Todd Campbell looks like a strong player - will get better with experiance, Shamrock Leach is as quick as they come, then include Pritchett and Hewitt from last year and they have plenty competing for the rep's - that alone will quicken the learning curve.

QB's - still unclear who will wrestle the signal calling. 4 capable players, each with their strength's, each with opportunity to grow. Another good competition going on that will increase the skills.

TE's

Dawson Bryant, Brooks Plummer, Chaz Pace - 3 big strong players with a desire to catch the ball and gain yards in a punishing fashion.

Defense -

D Line - led by Big Tim Leach, Carl Gillam, Ben Seele, and big Bubba Lane (pushing hard for a starting position). The front for the Rebels will be strong, big and quick.

LB's

I think this group will be the strength of the D.

DB's - not sure who is starting here, other than Hibbett as Safety I believe.

Special Teams

Becoming a trademark for Franklin. Defatta and Campbell will again handle the kicking duties, and the Return game is shaping up to be as strong as last year.

fhs Rebel guy ou are putting your rebs to high this year.... expect it to be a down year for them. When the Scrimaged Brentwood in the spring game they didnt score on the 1st deffence. the Region champ will come down to BHS vrs CHS. if you havent seen the preason polls for the region Brentwood and Centinial are Tied for number 1. and with Welch having a good spring and summer work out and Jack Daniels comming back from Ravenwood look for the Bruin offence to be more explosive with McCurdy playing every postion on the field. while Himerdinger lacks height he isnt easy to cover and led the bruins in rec. last year

Bruins win the region Centinial comes in 2nd and Franklin in 3rd.

As far as Brentwood getting beat by BA 2 years in a row the first year they played Ba won by Cody bliss with 2 45+ yard field goals and the folloiwing year that Brentwood THe state championship only by a touch down soo it wasent like a domination by BA both years.

As far as Brentwood getting beat by BA 2 years in a row the first year they played Ba won by Cody bliss with 2  45+ yard field goals and the folloiwing year that Brentwood THe state championship only by a touch down soo it wasent like a domination by BA both years.

825302276[/snapback]

FootballFan, Bliss didn't kick a field goal against Brentwood in 2001. John Vaughn made 3 kicks and BA added a touchdown. The Eagles led 16-7 for much of the game, with Brentwood adding a late score.

In 2002 BA led 3-0 at halftime and 17-0 until Brentwood's last drive, when they scored against the Eagle reinforcements. The Bruins developed a mighty fine team and deserved to win the 5A title, but Brentwood Academy beat them rather handily to start the season.