Division II

ctownballa

Speak from what you know, please.  <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>'s senior class has athletes entering Army, Navy, and Air Force in the fall, with a few others going to Furman, Emory & Henry, and Samford, among others. 

Oh, and our Valedictorian (tennis player) is attending Harvard, while our Salutatorian (could've played tennis but was too busy) will be at Princeton in the fall.

Baylor is a superb school, and can stand on its own merits without having to belittle other schools, especially when the claims of superiority are based upon inaccurate statements.

too bad this message board is about football and not tennis, and emory doesnt even have a football team. also, my question is unanswered, where are the all-americans??

First, I wasn't responding to you. Second, Emory & Henry (not Emory) does indeed have a football team. And third, you just asked a BA alum to name the All-Americans who have played for his school, so here goes...

Scott Holmes, P, Florida State

Bubba Miller, OL, Tennessee, NFL (all-pro in a decade-long career w/ the Eagles)

Tremayne Allen, Florida, NFL

Josh Swords, OL/DL, 1995, Alabama

Richard Land, OL/DL, 1995, Texas

Jamaan Bass, DB, 1995, Nebraska

Mikki Allen, DB, 1996, Tennessee, NFL (49ers)

Tito Lee, FB, 1996

Austin Kemp, TE/LB, 1996, Tennessee

Kurston Biggers, HB, 1996, Tennessee

Jerry Vanderpool, OL/DL, 1998, MTSU

Scott Wells, OL/DL, 1999, Tennessee, NFL (Packers)

John Vaughn, K, 2002, Auburn

Kody Bliss, P, 2002, Auburn

There are plenty more from BA's 6 state championship teams in the 70's and 80's, but these are the ones who've played since I've started following BA football.

And I would list all-staters like you did, but there's a limit on posting length.

sorry, i was aiming for one season, not two decades; and also, maybe you should address a college/university by its full name, not an abbreviation taken by another college. lose the snotty attitude too.

Check WesVols's original post, chief. He originally referred to Emory & Henry as "Emory & Henry" and never used an abbreviation. Learn to proofread before you go ripping others.

Ego, I don't think anyone in DIIAAA has a problem with Briarcrest, just with briarcrest23. He's shown his arse quite a bit on this thread.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most years, the top two or three teams in DIIAAA are better than any team in DIIAA. That's clearly the way it was last year, and probably this coming season as well. Having said that, I do wish BA could play Briarcrest this year instead of an Independence or Oakland. We definitely enjoyed the trip two seasons ago.

Speak from what you know, please.  <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>'s senior class has athletes entering Army, Navy, and Air Force in the fall, with a few others going to Furman, Emory & Henry, and Samford, among others. 

Oh, and our Valedictorian (tennis player) is attending Harvard, while our Salutatorian (could've played tennis but was too busy) will be at Princeton in the fall.

Baylor is a superb school, and can stand on its own merits without having to belittle other schools, especially when the claims of superiority are based upon inaccurate statements.

too bad this message board is about football and not tennis, and emory doesnt even have a football team. also, my question is unanswered, where are the all-americans??

First, I wasn't responding to you. Second, Emory & Henry (not Emory) does indeed have a football team. And third, you just asked a BA alum to name the All-Americans who have played for his school, so here goes...

Scott Holmes, P, Florida State

Bubba Miller, OL, Tennessee, NFL (all-pro in a decade-long career w/ the Eagles)

Tremayne Allen, Florida, NFL

Josh Swords, OL/DL, 1995, Alabama

Richard Land, OL/DL, 1995, Texas

Jamaan Bass, DB, 1995, Nebraska

Mikki Allen, DB, 1996, Tennessee, NFL (49ers)

Tito Lee, FB, 1996

Austin Kemp, TE/LB, 1996, Tennessee

Kurston Biggers, HB, 1996, Tennessee

Jerry Vanderpool, OL/DL, 1998, MTSU

Scott Wells, OL/DL, 1999, Tennessee, NFL (Packers)

John Vaughn, K, 2002, Auburn

Kody Bliss, P, 2002, Auburn

There are plenty more from BA's 6 state championship teams in the 70's and 80's, but these are the ones who've played since I've started following BA football.

And I would list all-staters like you did, but there's a limit on posting length.

sorry, i was aiming for one season, not two decades; and also, maybe you should address a college/university by its full name, not an abbreviation taken by another college. lose the snotty attitude too.

Not snotty, just defensive. :ph34r:

I'm a nice guy, I promise. :D

As for this season, there are no all-americans on BA's roster, but several all-staters and a couple strong college prospects. I wish Briarcrest's stars a successful season and pleasant recruiting process...I was simply pointing out the errors and ironies in your post. Nothing personal, b/c I have every bit of respect for the Saints.

same for BA; sorry about that man.

I'd like to clear things up...hopefully I won't use the word (snotty) :ph34r:

Briarcrest does not usually go 6-6. I don't even know the last time they had a non-winning record, possibly in the early 90's when the school almost was shut down from lack of funds... In fact they have been the cream of D2-AA with (before last year)...5 straight title appearances and they have one won state title. Actually they beat the BGA team in double overtime that was able to outlast MBA in the season opener. I am not going to compare them to MBA, because MBA's record speaks for itself...however remember that you guys do have double the enrollment that Briarcrest has since it is co-ed.

Bram Cannon is the younger brother of Chris Cannon.

I do not have Briarcrests schedule, they open up the year at the Liberty Bowl against Melrose.

If you are questioning how good Briarcrest will be that is fine. I don't go there, and I don't really care how they do, but the Commercial Appeal did rank them Pre-season Number 2 in Shelby County. That means they are ahead of teams like CBHS, MUS, Melrose, Whitehaven, Southaven, and Olive Branch (the latter two are always included in the poll as well). I believe the only team ahead of them was 5A state title winner Germantown. MBA lost some great players this year, I doubt they would be number 2 pre-season in Shelby County.

Lets just give credit where credit is due...whether it be to former BA greats, past champions, or future all american prospects.

With all due respect, MBA would be #1 in Shelby County.

Hmm

That would be an interesting argument...they are definitely #1 in Shelby County. I'll be honest, I don't know what they return, but I don't think you want to mess with Germantown... #80 Jeff Cottam might be the best TE in the country...6'8 250 and runs a 4.6. I'm being pretty nonbias here, I'd actually root for MBA over those nasty public schools...it would be close either way.

Hmm

That would be an interesting argument...they are definitely #1 in Shelby County. I'll be honest, I don't know what they return, but I don't think you want to mess with Germantown... #80 Jeff Cottam might be the best TE in the country...6'8 250 and runs a 4.6. I'm being pretty nonbias here, I'd actually root for MBA over those nasty public schools...it would be close either way.

I saw both teams multiple times last year, and would take MBA over Germantown any day by at least a couple touchdowns. Keep in mind that Christian Brothers beat Germantown 21-10, and MBA beat CBHS.