Division II

ctownballa

<a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> Class of 2003

6 D1 signees

3 Walk-ons, one of whom will start this fall

QB Jefferson Adcock - Samford

DB Chase McTorry - Samford

K John Vaughn - Auburn (starter)

P Kody Bliss - Auburn (starter)

OL/DL King Dunlap - Auburn

LB Darren Mustin - MTSU

LS Pete Compton - Auburn (walk-on, will start this season)

RB/LB Ryan Baggett - Ole Miss (walk-on)

WR Chad Fuson - Samford (walk-on)

Edited by WesVols

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> Class of 2003

6 D1 signees

2 Walk-ons, one of whom will start this fall

QB Jefferson Adcock - Samford

DB Chase McTorry - Samford

K John Vaughn - Auburn (starter)

P Kody Bliss - Auburn (starter)

OL/DL King Dunlap - Auburn

LB Darren Mustin - MTSU

LS Pete Compton - Auburn (walk-on, will start this season)

RB/LB Ryan Baggett - Ole Miss (walk-on)

Rumor has it that Chad Fuson may walk on at Samford this year. He transferred from UT.

Briarcrest23, you might want to think about backing off all the trash talk and bragging on your teams supposed Div. I prospects. How about being a little more humble? Let your team's play do the talking for you. Your team went 6-6 last year. I'm sure your coach would not be happy if he knew the amount of time your spending on these message boards embarassing yourself and your school.

Edited by TheBigRedDog

wow, this is very funny.....15 D1 prospects....there are 3 people at that school, maybe 4 getting looked at to go somewhere to play D1 football.....2 of them will and the other two are jokes! Big Mike and Justin will be big time recruits, both already are....Jamal got invited to the Nike Camp, but thats it, and Brandon Jackson is getting looked at for his size and strength.....

You will NOT go 13-0

You will NOT start the season 1-0

You will NOT have 15 guys go to D1 schools on scholarships of anytime to play football

You have a really, really good team over there, but don't get to cocky....because unlike you (because u ride the pine) ur teammates have to back everything you say up. BTW, the playoffs weren't a joke last year, times are changing...that was the closest game between us in like 10 years.... so get ready, u may be suprised by another team who only lost 7 seniors....

Briarcrest23 does not represent the way everyone else at Briarcrest is thinking. We have a chance to be good but its up to everyone's committment level. We'll see if we are for real after the Melrose game.

As for mofototo50, I am assuming that you are from Harding. If so, then let's look at how times have changed. It's 14 years and running since you beat us. Even Darwin moves faster than that. Didn't one of your coaches come over to our school to coach? You better beat this year then. After we move to DII-AAA in 2005, you guys won't be playing us anymore. The only reason why you are playing us now is b/c you have to.

As for recruiting, who wants to go play on Cherry Rd.? Who wouldn't want to come play at a school with college style locker rooms, a new weight room, a new gym, a new cafeteria/indoor practice facility, and a baseball field that dosen't have tennis courts in right field? The school sales itself.

But seriously, I have enjoyed the rivalry with ECS and Harding through the years. I will be sad to see it go when we move up with the big boys in 2005.

I know Coach Heinz and Coach Simmons will have their guys ready. It will be two great games.

WesVols, won't they have to change the web site from the Super Seven to the Elite Eight or something like that?

Hey i have a good name for Div II AAA when Briarcrest moves up. The "Super 7 and Briar-who?????"

Lets just face it. The super 7 is the most dominant class in Tennessee football. Adding Briarcrest would not make the super 7 more dominant. I say if they were to add any school to the super 7, it should be made of high calliber teams that can actually play with teams like mba, ba, and Christian Brothers. teams like Germantown, D. Bennett, Melrose, or Riverdale. We could invite Hillsboro too, but they would probably say no and then go around and talk about how their the best team in the state and how they could kill mba (inside joke for those of you who know about Hillsboro's cocky attitude).

briarcrest23 Posted on Jul 8 2004 - 03:54 PM

ewan mccauley, bram cannon, jeremy walley, michael oher, john greer, joseph crone, brandon jackson, justin sparks, trey lampkin, terio Franklin, jamal goodrich, micah gill, ryan acuff, so yes 13, 15 no, but all have either received scholarships or been shown heavy interest from d1 schools. 

Michael Oher is a high D1 prospect. However, I don't recall seeing

any of the other names on major recruiting websites. Lots of kids receive

letters of inquiry from schools. This is not the same as active

recruitment.

I cannot recall any Tennessee school in recent memory sending

15 kids to D1 schools. BA had 6 from the 2003 class and that was

extraordinary. I have a very hard time believing that Briarcrest or

any school in Tennessee has this many athletes being actively

recruited colleges in general (much less D1 schools).

Also, as 705 mentioned above, how could Briarcrest be 6 and 6 in

2003 with 15 D1 prospects? Either you're misinformed or Briarcrest

underachieved in a massive way.

Jek- Two years ago Whitehaven High School had 15 seniors sign football scholarships.

This year Melrose sent six guys to D1 schools like UT (elix wilson) South Carolina, Miami, Ole Miss...

I believe more are going to other colleges just not D1. I'd say Melrose has about 11 who signed to play college football.

• 4 weeks later...
Just for all of you to know, FACS is going to be a main contender for state this fall in DII-A. Our players this year have the heart and desire to compete and win. We may have had a down year last fall, with a 6-5 record :) , but this fall will be all different. Our backfields average 40 yd. speed is 4.72. Two Seniors this fall (#83 and #10) have been four year starters, achieving All-State awards every year. This years Junior class will be the core of the team though. We have a freshman (#2) returning who made All-State Receiver, All-State Safety, All-State Punter, and All-Metro for DII. Our line will average around 210 (which is decent for our league), we are fast and quick off the ball. The defense has been one of the best in Memphis the past 2 years, and we expect it to be #1 by the end of the season. With this said, we are coming for Tipton Rosemark, Bishop Bryne, and SBEC. If I had to only win one game it would be against Rosemark because of what they did to Lighthouse, 89-0 just to get their offense to look good because they couldn't do it against anybody else. I gurantee we will be playing in Vanderbilt Stadium for the last game of the season and our ultimate goal....a STATE CHAMPOINSHIP!!!

825285348[/snapback]

Good thing u said Rosemark beat Lighthouse 89-0 to make their offense look good when they put up 34 points and over 500 total yards against the "FACS defense that has been top in shelby metro for he past two years"