Knoxville Youth Football Programs

ShaneC

First of all, I want to thank you for getting a good YOUTH thread locked because of your ignorance and your choice of words.

Now there's 2 sayings I would like to point out to you: "Practice what you preach" and "If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen/board as in this case!"

You notice you said Pilot is a good Christian Organization but still you used a bad choice of words which didn't signify the Christian Values you're preaching.

I said to myself the other day that I was quit talking about Pilot. I for one know what goes on with the Pilot program. I talk with players who have left the Baby Roadrunners program to play for Pilot. When I ask them why they left, the first thing they say is, "They offer to buy me some shoes and the coach called me throughout the summer." So what is that saying?

Are you saying the Baby Roadrunners coaches are the only ones that yell at their players? I guess you haven't been around Youth League football that much. I witness a Pilot coach yelling at a player just last week. I stood behind the Pilot bench so you can't say I'm lying about that.

Last but not least, every team in Knoxville puts Our Lord and Savior first! You can't say Pilot is the only program that does that. If you notice before or after a game you will find a team kneeling and praying. What is that saying? You just can't take the heat and you need to learn how to control your temper..

Well that's all I have to say but once again, thank you for getting a good thread locked. It takes one bad apple to ruin it for everyone <_<

Edited by AERoadrunners

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shane, congratulations to the Fulton team-they beat us in every phase of the game. Right now CBFO is not even a playoff team so I wouldn't get too excited about the score. As far as hitting #55 in the head-get real. We shake hands with each kid after games and pop them on the shoulder pad- You're talking about the same kid who refused to shake Pilot's hand last week when they destroyed your team. The same one that cusses the entire game at the opposing players. And this dad that you are talking about blatantly went up and down the line of players saying"#23, take his head off, what # is he, #23-take him out". For the record, #23 played every play in that game with a 103 temperature and was bent over throwing up while this dad was pointing him out for injury. This was the same dad who told me to step outside the fence and he would be put to sleep. All this occurred in front of our players. That game was over before it started. Our players were scared to death-didn't even want to play. They had just heard one of their captains and their head coach threatened with physical harm. Yes I did run my mouth, I was furious-still am- that #23 was singled out for injury. He is a hard working, respectful young man. This was all occurring right in front of your coaches who did NOTHING!

Shane, you forgot to mention that your entire team came across the field and started a brawl after the game, cussing and shoving players and CBFO coaches. Again-no Fulton coaches around. Class-you don't even know what it is. These are the same players and parents who started a near brawl 2 years ago when they were at West in a game against Bearden. Say what you want about me-I'm not that classy either- but you will never see one of my players refuse to shake someone's hand or cuss and taunt anyone. And i appreciate your veiled threat at me-but again it is simply a continuation of last night's choreographed intimidation tactics. I'll make sure and get a copy of your post in case something does happen.

Catnanny, If you'll read this thread from the beginning-never do I talk trash. I give respect to every team we play.

Huskers 5, welcome-you're off to a good start. You're right, Pilot is a class act. They win with class and who knows how they lose 'cause they hardly ever do. After watching our team get trashed before and after the game last night I have come to respect Pilot even more. I have consistently said that they have great players and hard working/sharp coaches. You are, however, way off base on the kid playing for Pilot. He did not lose his position. They had to covert a lineman to take over his position and many say lost the championship that year because his replacement didn't make weight for the championship game. He was only there 2 weeks and only because he didn't know who else to play for. He went to Karns because the coach of that team had a son that had played on the same team the 2 years previous in Lenoir City, because they were too young to play in the Knox Metro league. Ask the coaches of the Pilot team what we tell them after every game that we play with them-we respect what they do and that they have a very dedicated and talented team.

Sorry this is so long-wanted to set the record straight. I'm out-this was fun for a while but I will be changing my ways. No more confrontation-it's out of control when talking becomes action and the health of 11 year olds is threatened and allowed to happen by coaches like last night. If Fulton plays Pilot again, we will be there cheering for Pilot as a team!!! <_< thumb thumb Panther has left the building.

Shane, congratulations to the Fulton team-they beat us in every phase of the game. Right now CBFO is not even a playoff team so I wouldn't get too excited about the score. As far as hitting #55 in the head-get real. We shake hands with each kid after games and pop them on the shoulder pad- You're talking about the same kid who refused to shake Pilot's hand last week when they destroyed your team. The same one that cusses the entire game at the opposing players. And this dad that you are talking about blatantly went up and down the line of players saying"#23, take his head off, what # is he, #23-take him out". For the record, #23 played every play in that game with a 103 temperature and was bent over throwing up while this dad was pointing him out for injury. This was the same dad who told me to step outside the fence and he would be put to sleep. All this occurred in front of our players. That game was over before it started. Our players were scared to death-didn't even want to play. They had just heard one of their captains and their head coach threatened with physical harm. Yes I did run my mouth, I was furious-still am- that #23 was singled out for injury. He is a hard working, respectful young man. This was all occurring right in front of your coaches who did NOTHING!

Shane, you forgot to mention that your entire team came across the field and started a brawl after the game, cussing and shoving players and CBFO coaches. Again-no Fulton coaches around. Class-you don't even know what it is. These are the same players and parents who started a near brawl 2 years ago when they were at West in a game against Bearden. Say what you want about me-I'm not that classy either- but you will never see one of my players refuse to shake someone's hand or cuss and taunt anyone. And i appreciate your veiled threat at me-but again it is simply a continuation of last night's choreographed intimidation tactics. I'll make sure and get a copy of your post in case something does happen.

Catnanny, If you'll read this thread from the beginning-never do I talk trash. I give respect to every team we play.

Huskers 5, welcome-you're off to a good start. You're right, Pilot is a class act. They win with class and who knows how they lose 'cause they hardly ever do. After watching our team get trashed before and after the game last night I have come to respect Pilot even more. I have consistently said that they have great players and hard working/sharp coaches. You are, however, way off base on the kid playing for Pilot. He did not lose his position. They had to covert a lineman to take over his position and many say lost the championship that year because his replacement didn't make weight for the championship game. He was only there 2 weeks and only because he didn't know who else to play for. He went to Karns because the coach of that team had a son that had played on the same team the 2 years previous in Lenoir City, because they were too young to play in the Knox Metro league. Ask the coaches of the Pilot team what we tell them after every game that we play with them-we respect what they do and that they have a very dedicated and talented team.

Sorry this is so long-wanted to set the record straight. I'm out-this was fun for a while but I will be changing my ways. No more confrontation-it's out of control when talking becomes action and the health of 11 year olds is threatened and allowed to happen by coaches like last night. If Fulton plays Pilot again, we will be there cheering for Pilot as a team!!! ;)  thumb  thumb  Panther has left the building.

825322445[/snapback]

Panther,

The first thing my charge (child I care for) said when I mentioned that you were accused of hitting another kid was " No Way, that did not happen " He also said you were a good coach for b-ball as well as football and you make the rivalary fun. There are some people who want to make other people look bad instead of cleaning up their own act.

Catsdananny

Panther,

The first thing my charge (child I care for) said when I mentioned that you were accused of hitting another kid was " No Way, that did not happen " He also said you were a good coach for b-ball as well as football and you make the rivalary fun. There are some people who want to make other people look bad instead of cleaning up their own act. 

Catsdananny

825322549[/snapback]

Panther,

Another thing... I know what you mean about telling the kids to harm another. When we played several of the teams last year and again this year, comments were made about several of our runningbacks. Like break his leg... put him out..etc. I can't imagine what they are thinking. It is unacceptable!

C

Say what you want about me-I'm not that classy either- but you will never see one of my players refuse to shake someone's hand or cuss and taunt anyone. And i appreciate your veiled threat at me-but again it is simply a continuation of last night's choreographed intimidation tactics. I'll make sure and get a copy of your post in case something does happen.

Well Panther, that was not intended to be a threat, there are rules in this world that say to keep your hands off of kids... I was not threating you, I am just saying if the same thing happened to your son then you would have probably reacted in the same way as #55's father... I am just saying that both parents were running their mouths and there was alot of bad things said... I wished it did not happen but it did... And I was the guy in the black shirt pulling 2 kids back away from what was going on...

My thing is you are trying to single me out and I do not appreciate that... I work with kids in my everyday life and teach them to take the right choices... I was not in this action from last night, it was between you and #55's father.... All I am saying is I was not trying to threaten you in any way and all I was saying is there are rules about an adult laying their hands on a child and upsetting a child like that is not the right thing to do... It shows alot of disrespect to a child and the people around them...

Also, lets remember why we all coach... It is we are all supposely in it, to help to the children grow in both their football skills and their everyday lives... At least that is my reason, hopefully everybody is feeling the same way I do about coaching...

All I have left to say is go Falcons and see you in the SHIP Pilot...

Edited by ShaneC

Well AE, maybe you should re-read what I stated. I'm not preaching. I'm mearly stating the facts, which by the way, you never want to admit. Pilot is a great program. I'm sorry if we buy an occasional pair of shoes for some kids who can't necessarily afford it. That's what good people try to do. It's not saying much about your program, if it were true, that the kids were bribed by a measly pair of shoes.

Let me respond to what you have to say:

1. I'm not a preacher, nor do I pretend to be one. Your stating "every team in Knoxville puts Our Lord and Savior first! You can't say Pilot is the only program that does that" show me where I stated that! Don't put words in my mouth. This is were your ignorance shows. Read what I have to say. Don't get on the preaching bandwagon to me, it's not about preaching. Its about football and why kids are leaving teams and joining Pilot. It's the atmosphere around it.

2. You stated "practice what you preach". What would you like me to practice?

3. I can take the heat, can you? That's why we are with the Pilot organization. Because they are HOT! Let's humor me for a second, let's just say Pilot is recruiting all the talent. Well, for the kid (and parents, too), they must not have a good program worth staying in, because they are CHOOSING to leave and CHOOSING to join Pilot. As my saying goes....."You dont leave a good thing behind". Secondly, if Pilot is so rotten, than why do they stay? For shoes?

Now I'm really laughing. ;)

4. You stated "Are you saying the Baby Roadrunners coaches are the only ones that yell at their players? I guess you haven't been around Youth League football that much." Where did I say they were the only ones? You don't know anything about me or how long I've been around football. Just to give you an idea, I've been involved for over 30 years. I'm not a newbie to the sport and I know and maybe you should know, this is NOT the norm. This is YOUTH FOOTBALL. The players should be taught in a good atmosphere, should learn to respect their coaches and should learn leadership and teamwork skills and be taught good sportmanship. (now before you put words in my mouth, I'm not saying no-one is doing this except for Pilot - just stating that this is what should be done in all youth sports.)

4. You stated "It takes one bad apple to ruin it for everyone." Well I might just be a bad apple, but maybe someone else is the bad seed." It's a shame that there is such anamosity between teams. Such jealousy. IF Pilot wins, it's always...how much did they pay the refs!. Give me a break. Just learn to loose graciously.

Teach and be taught good sportmanship. Not to spit on another player after they got sacked or not the cheer for your team to break anyones arms and legs. That's just low.

As like the other night, Roadrunner win by intimidation. Parents with their nasty talk in the stadium - even last year - cheering on thier players to hurt and break other kids arms and legs. League rules clearly state that you should cheer positively for your own team.

And DB, lets get the record straight, as far as the kid (#23) after leaving the Pilot Program that he did not know where to play. Gosh, that is so lame. Are you trying to say you didn't know of CBFO? You are so involved with them. How could you not play for them? I'll tell you why....coaching and teams records. Let's not lie. And as far as showing respect all the time.....then why did you bring your old Pilot jersey and have your players trample all over it. Is that teaching your players respect? Is this why you tell your players "that's OK, the Pilot players play dirty and that's why they win?" I heard you specifically say that on the side lines! What a lie! You teach your kids that Pilot is some aweful team, but why did you want to be on their team? Did you get those shoes? ;)

I must admit, the CBFO team did very well last year compared to previous years. So congrats on that. And kids are not leaving CBFO because maybe they have a good program to stay with. You have to earn the respect of players & parents. They shouldn't HAVE to play for you because that's their area. Some coaches just should not be coaches.

We have the right to choose. And until leagues change, and get off the political bandwagon, people with continue to choose PILOT. thumb

"Why is it that only 1 Pilot team played in the Youth Jamboree last year? Are you all to good to play in the Jamboree?"

AE talk about something you know.....Other teams did not want to play against Pilot, therefore who was Pilot suppose to play against? Dont make Pilot look bad, it's the other teams unwilling to compete.

And maybe you only saw one Pilot team because you weren't there long enough. I have a few sons who play for Pilot and can assure you that all of them played in the jamboree and on different teams. The 11 year olds even played twice.

Just another example of people stating things that they obviously have no idea about. Anything to say something bad about Pilot. Let's speak the truth.

guys...gotta say something now.and ill probably lose my seat at the coach t meet and great over it..lol

reading this thread ..watching grown men trash talk about youth football...

i began to wander when something like this would happen

shane..your kids read what you post........sometimes they think trash talking is a way of life.not joking

i know your dad wouldnt approve

and from reading this.ill have to say ive not seen panther trash anyone.......

and have always found him to be classy!

i guess what im saying is..............sportsmanship not gamesmanship......its what we teach at that false boys and girls club program

Well well, let me get you a contract so we can sign you up for BET COMIC View...

When I'm saying shoes, I'm not talking about Football Cleats sir.

1. You didn't say anything about our Lord and Savior but you said Pilot the program is a Christian base program. My question to you is, if you're such a big christian why did you get on a YOUTH thread and cuss everybody that had something to say about Pilot? Come on man, that's just flat out wrong. This has been a decent thread going for such a long time and you get on here and act a fool.

2. You need to practice how to control your attitude!

3. Yeah Pilot is hot, just like those socks you all have ;) That's for you PANTHER!!! Now someone stated that, "Pilot isn't based on winning they're based on teaching the youth" Well explain to me, why would you travel to ATL to play in a National Championship if you're not based on winning? No other Knoxville team has done that before.. I guess you're starting a new tradition, right?

4. You pointed out that the Baby Roadrunner coaches yell or scream at their players: If Coach T didn't delete your first post, you will find that. I know what I read! Like I said, many coaches yell or scream at their players and that's including Pilot. You may not do it but others do. If you don't yell you sure do cuss at them.

5. The bad apple was said because you got on here and cussed everybody usually Coach T would boot you off his site and delete the post that you posted. Now that's why I called you a bad apple.

Now like I stated in another post, I don't care about Pilot, I know the 11 year olds that left the Baby Roadrunner program to go play for Pilot this year will be back next year. I've already heard that from 3 of the former Baby Roadrunners. In my opinion, the only reason why the 11 year olds have BT and JS is because of his AAU basketball coach TW. TW's son plays on that team as well so there has to be a little connection there. But Pilot is Pilot we can't change what they are doing neither can we complain because nothing will happen. I wish Pilot and the rest of the KMYL teams the best of luck.

false boys and girls club program

825322692[/snapback]

Hey ROB I'll take that ;);)B) And come on out to the meet and greet Friday, I'm sure you want to meet some of these peeps behind the COACHT.com names

But to Panther and ShaneC: I wasn't at the game so I don't know what happen in the aftermath neither do I care but please let's keep our cool and keep this thread going in a positive manner.

Remember, CBFO and KNOX. FALCONS will be meeting again at Fulton some time soon. So let it go and move on.

Thanks B)

Edited by AERoadrunners

Well Panther, that was not intended to be a threat, there are rules in this world that say to keep your hands off of kids...  I was not threating you, I am just saying if the same thing happened to your son then you would have probably reacted in the same way as #55's father...  I am just saying that both parents were running their mouths and there was alot of bad things said...  I wished it did not happen but it did...  And I was the guy in the black shirt pulling 2 kids back away from what was going on... 

My thing is you are trying to single me out and I do not appreciate that...  I work with kids in my everyday life and teach them to take the right choices...  I was not in this action from last night, it was between you and #55's father....  All I am saying is I was not trying to threaten you in any way and all I was saying is there are rules about an adult laying their hands on a child and upsetting a child like that is not the right thing to do...  It shows alot of disrespect to a child and the people around them... 

Also, lets remember why we all coach...  It is we are all supposely in it, to help to the children grow in both their football skills and their everyday lives...  At least that is my reason, hopefully everybody is feeling the same way I do about coaching...

All I have left to say is go Falcons and see you in the SHIP Pilot...

825322562[/snapback]

Shane, I feel like your post was VERY THREATENING and would you Please refer back to the message board rules. You are out of line. Panther states his opoinion with class and not force. If you are a football coach, you should control your parents and players. Coaching youths is not only on the field, but within your organization. Yes, you did win the football game but you win no awards for sportmanship. Wasn't #55 escorted off the field by 2 police officers?