Knoxville Youth Football Programs

ShaneC

HEY VIC.......

i think ya need to reread some posts..........that wasnt me who said he felt threatend

it would have been a little difficult for me to feel threatend .......i wasnt there

welcome to coacht

825323418[/snapback]

Well Rob, my fault that was someone else who was on here posting Bighitter. Shane was not the one that was over there at the football game trying to start a fight. He was pulling 2 of his players away from the fight so they would not get kicked out of the league. He was doing the right thing and he is being blamed by people for trying to start a fight. But back to the posts, who do you coach for in youth sports? I am very interested in knowing that and so are alot of other people I have talked to on here.

Edited by Vick07

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

guys...gotta say something now.and ill probably lose my seat at the coach t meet and great over it..lol

reading this thread ..watching grown men trash talk about youth football...

i began to wander when something like this would happen

shane..your kids read what you post........sometimes they think trash talking is a way of life.not joking

i know your dad wouldnt approve

and from reading this.ill have to say ive not seen panther trash anyone.......

and have always found him to be classy!

i guess what im saying is..............sportsmanship not gamesmanship......its what we teach at that false boys and girls club program

825322692[/snapback]

Hey Robpride, do you really think I care about what my father thinks about what I put on here.... The answer is "NO", I am a grown man and I have my own say.... Then you say that Panther is classy, well you should have seen him last night running his mouth before and after the game.... It was not very classy..... I was not the one who was in the argument, it was Panther and #55's dad... Not me, my child does not even play on the team and is too young to even play sports... I already know exactly who you are and I don't care what you think of me.... Then you talk about where you coach is a false boys and girls club program... Well in alot of peoples opinions it is, you do not have any inner city kids on any of your teams and you guys play at Halls/Powell all the time... Caswell is where we had the real boys and girls club team... I don't work for them anymore, but while I was there I thought kids the right things to do... But I am gonna stay off of this thread for a while because people are saying I am threatening people... I do not see how I am doing that when all I was doing is telling what happened...

Hey AE Roadrunner, Vick said to tell you what is up... He is a good friend of mine that I graduated with from high school... But I am gonna stop talking trash on here because people are so worried about it, figures...

So Holla at Cha Boy...

ShaneC

Yeah you do need to spend a little more time in the AE vs Fulton thread. I mean, you haven't said much in that thread!

Now we do need to pray for the coach in Blount County. I mean, he died doing what he love the most and that's leading a child. Reading that thread made me stop and think about how much I care for the youth I work it. I know that I've made a difference in a child's life and I just want to continue being that blessing on them too. May God be with all the players, fans, and family members of that coach.

Now husker, I'm through talking about Pilot. I've been through for awhile but you keep bringing something up. Just let it go! You've said and now I'm saying It.

While you at it, how many weeks will BT be out?

Edited by AERoadrunners

huskers im with you win at all cost, these people say "its for the kids" , be the head coach lose a game and your the dumbest person that ever tried to coach.

i think youth coaches should get paid $500 a month, but the only way i would ever consider putting up with a daddy trying to relive his playing days through his kid, i want at least $1000 a month.  :huh:

825323091[/snapback]

JohnPaul, never said win at all cost.

The best youth football in Knoxville, in my opinion anyway, is CAK. Bill Young has started a true middle school program there instead of the youth league crap that goes on in the rest of Knoxville. I know from talking to several parents at Bearden last football season that they are very envious of a school sponsored middle school program. I'd love to see the rest of Knoxville follow this example and actually have football teams eligible to join the TMSAA. This would actually make their already great high school programs even better.

Our prayers go out to the family and players associated with the youth coach in Rockwood.

I said I was through posting here but the record MUST be set straight. Anyone who is saying they HEARD that a CBFO coach struck a Fulton player-well that can't really be stopped and that type of word of moth gossip happens I guess. Those of you who say it DID happen-please pay attention. (Shane C for example). If you need proof, contact the Knox County Rec Department and talk to Mr. Lambert or Mr. Battell(sorry if misspelled), they will have a copy of the digital DVD film of the game-and most importantly- the after game handshake. The player in question was 8th in line, Shane, you were 11 people behind #55 right next to #80 DF and coach Chad(had a black shirt on, towell over your left shoulder and looked like a necklace on). Shane, you never saw me do anything except walk straight ahead with my hand out because: #1-that is exactly what I did and #2- the game film clearly shows that you were too far away, blocked by too many people and weren't looking ahead anyway. If you want to say you HEARD this then ok-don't pass it off as if it is a fact. You cannot argue with this film. I did not even look at any of the players but the film shows that #55 watched me and pulled away as I walked by. The player directly behind him kept walking(didn't react in any way) and your coach that always looks like he is chewing was very near #55 and also did not react in any way. Did I run my mouth-yes, I was very upset at that father that threatened me in front of my team and told many of your players to hurt #23 for CBFO. Those 2 are trouble and you need to set the record straight because you will not have any credibility with anyone who sees this film if not. Please be advised- the film is very clear.

Also, #1-there was no fight. The only reason is because of the CBFO coaches and Shane-who was attempting to restrain the Fulton kids. Of course the Fulton coaches were nowhere to be found. #2-The ALMOST fight occurred on the CBFO sideline-the CBFO players and coaches had gone back to retrieve their water bottles and clean up the sideline. That is when the Fulton team attacked the CBFO coach-the CBFO players then stepped in between the Fulton players and the CBFO coach. I don't fault the other Fulton players as much-they clearly saw nothing as nothing occurred plus the film shows noone was even looking at me during handshakes. They were misled by #55 and came to his defense, I guess, in their minds. I'm sure you do a lot for these kids and should be commended for that. But, you need to set the record straight-you didn't see me touch anyone because it didn't happen and the game film shows that if it did-you COULD NOT have seen it. We also do a lot of good with kids and this is bordering on slander.

Thanks to those who have posted in support of the fact that this did not and would never happen. I care about these kids and just because I may have a big mouth does not change that. Anyone who has seen any of my teams play can tell you that they are respectful to the other teams, players and coaches.

AE, no this can't be let go. Our center was injured at the conclusion of this game-and there was a clear late hit out of bounds in this game. Our parents are pursuing this and another team in the league is also pursuing a complaint along these same lines.

RobPride, from the things I have read in the past on this site I know that you understand that just because someone says it happened, doesn't mean it happened. It's a shame that we are all going to have to start filming from the time that we get out of our car to the time that we get back in I guess.

I am VERY diappointed in the posts I have been reading lately. I have read about prayer and Christian beliefs in our football programs but I don't think we, as adults and parents are acting like Christians.

Is it possible to start talking about Knoxville Football again and stop the Team bashing and personal attacks against one another.

I love football, and I enjoy talking about FOOTBALL!

Like I said, I wasn't there and I don't know what happen and I really don't care. You and ShaneC have been the only posters in here besides me and if we lose one of you all then this thread here will be boring. I understand that you all had a "conflict" after the game and I know for sure Chad will take care of it if something bad happen. If Chad don't take care of it, I know LGC will put his foot down.

Now I hope you all get to the bottom of this and move on. I mean, you have to remember one thing, you all will meet again at Fulton sometime soon and if things don't change that game is going to be as ugly as the aftermath. I know LGC won't let that happen and I hope you all can be mature enough to forgive and forget.

Who's #23? Why would anyone record the handshake? Usually the camera is off and back in the bag at that time. I'm not on either side but that's kind of fishy there.

I am VERY diappointed in the posts I have been reading lately. I have read about prayer and Christian beliefs in our football programs but I don't think we, as adults and parents are acting like Christians.

Is it possible to start talking about Knoxville Football again and stop the Team bashing and personal attacks against one another.

I love football, and I enjoy talking about FOOTBALL!

825324224[/snapback]

Now Juniors Dad you're as guilty as everyone else. But thanks for trying to make peace on this thread. i would hate for this thread to get locked it's been going for such a long time..

AE, #23 is my son. This dad does not like me and asked/told players to go after him because of that. As for the taping of the handshake-if you have any kids then you wouldn't think that was fishy. Not everyone tapes only for scouting purposes. Why do some people tape though huddles and others stop between every play? This particular parent even tapes most of the post game huddle-nothing fishy about it. Junior's dad-I feel you but it's not your rep being dragged through the mud here.

Panther, I did not see it happen... I had a bunch of kids come over and tell me that you supposely did it... These kids have never lied to me so I believe what they said to me... And I was over there restraining 2 of my players... I was in a Black shirt, I do not have a coaches shirt like they do, they all have them from last year... Why would I lie about that??? This issue is not between me and you... It is between you and #55's father... You both can deal with it... I did not lay a finger on anyone except 2 of my players jerseys which I pulled them back from your team... And LGC heard about what happened from a few people from the city... We play you guys coming up again in a bowl game, and this will not happen again with anyone arguing in front of the kids, LGC will make sure of that... Now all I have to say is in my everyday life I hear alot worse things that have happened to kids in the home lives or in their neighborhoods... I have come to start to trust in what kids tell me... If you stepped in my shoes for one single day you would understand where I am coming from... Now that is all I have left to say about this issue...

Now on to what the guy said earlier about how alot of parents and coaches do not act as Christians around kids... I agree with you on that, but in the heat of battle it is very hard to... I try to keep my wits while I am working with kids and it gets very hard sometimes... Try doing it everyday, dealing with over 100 kids in a building, and you would understand what I am saying also...

Holla at cha boy...

ShaneC