Knoxville Youth Football Programs

ShaneC

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catnanny, you're right and I'm working on it. But, we are all very interested in your comments regarding AE's last post-Please, give it one more try.

825318866[/snapback]

She can't really say anything because she knows it's the truth. Pilot is based on winning and they'll do whatever it takes to get the players(give them money) to get them to come play for them. It's going to come back and bite them where the sun don't shine. But in my opinion, I don't see the Pilot program winning as many championships as they did last year. The XFL is a real tough division and any team could win on any given night.

CBFO played us tough the yesterday Panther! We won by the final score of 7-0 but we had 2 TD's called back on stupid penalties. We played well considering it was our first time hitting some other team.

Well I'm going to sit back and wait to see what Catnanny has to say.

Edited by AERoadrunners

Roadrunner. it doesn't surprise me. The teams I have seen that you are affiliated with always bring it and have that swagger that all the great teams do!

I'm through with the whole Pilot program thing. There is nothing to be gained from it. Have you ever heard anyone affiliated with Pilot give any props or credit to any other program-every once in a while but very seldom. It's a shame because their teams are very good, their players typically respectful and their coaches are good, hard working coaches. It's the elitist attitude of those supporting the teams that make them so disliked in the league.

How about changing the subject to a couple of teams that have improved a lot this year in the pee-wees,Central and CCYSP. CCYSP looked very disciplined and organized the other night-very much improved. Also, Central is twice the team they were last year. They are very aggressive and the players and coaches are really into it! These are 2 teams improving without going on a New York Yankees type spending spree.

PANTHER, I am almost certain I know who you are. If your initials are DB and you coach the CBFO team then I am certain. I do know your relationship with one of the Pilot coaches, our offensive line coach. But I was unaware of any other contact that you may have with Pilot coaches, my appologies.

On one of my posts, #298, I congratulated Fulton and had some good things to say about their players. Maybe some other parents or other individuals associated with Pilot do not give other Teams the props they deserve by both me and my son do. What ONE player walked up to you after the Superbowl, shook your hand and congratulated you on a great year? That's right it was MY SON!

For the record we received no shoes, money nor any promises to play with Pilot. We left a program that was 7-1 and 5 minutes away from home. My son was struggling to make playing weight on his Team and we decided it was time to let him eat like other normal boys.

I enjoy reading the posts that everyone spends their time to write. I think a little bit of smack talk among grown adults is a good way to build relationships and pass the time.

JuniorsDad-it is fun isn't it? What is kind of funny is we teach our kids not to do it. Yes, i do know 3 of the younger Pilot coaches and we are good friends. Many of the parents of Pilot players don't respect the other programs-I have had parents of the team in our league tell me to my face that they are dissapointed that there is no competition in this league for them-which is offensive when you coach one of the teams and do the best you can with the talent you have! I have heard of kids promised the possibility of playing free at Webb, free shoes, etc. We also pay for some kids fees and give them free shoes, etc. What kind of person or program are you if you don't share your good fortune with others. I've said that before. I don't have a problem with Pilot except for the elitist attitude of most. I enjoy my kids playing against them-certainly helps us get better. I do remember your son and what he said was much appreciated. But, for the record, he is big, he is athletic and he is better than most if not all!! :(

Edited by PANTHER2331

I disagree! There is competition in that league for Pilot. I mean, if you can remember, the last time Pilot played the Baby Roadrunners (2 years ago) the Baby Roadrunners beat them in the championship game. If Panther's team didn't beat the Baby Roadrunners last year, Pilot wouldn't have won it all last year. There are teams in that league that's better then Pilot! The Falcons didn't show it in the first game but I know there's others that will step up and TCB against Pilot. Like I said, Pilot isn't that good!

J.D.-let me ask you this. If there are no "perks", promised or delivered, then why did this very good friend of mine, leave a succesful program(for basically the same reason as you) and instead of bringing his son(and your's for that matter) to our program, he takes him to a program that was being run by someone he had never met? Pilot had nothing to promise at that time-they had not won anything. You don't have to answer.

I will help by providing the correct answer. Pilot teaches the kids to compete with the best. Rec programs are great but if you want to be the best then compete with the best. The problem is that CBFO, HALLS AND BEARDEN DON'T LIKE LOSING. THESE PROGRAMS WERE USE TO WINNING AND NOW THEY DON'T HAVE IT SO EASY. ONE LONG TIME HALLS COACH SAID THAT PILOT HAD DESTROYED YOUTH FOOTBALL IN KNOXVILLE. HAS ANYONE COUNTED THE NUMBER OF KIDS PLAYING THIS YEAR AS OPPOSED TO 5 YEARS AGO.

JD-I understand-none of my business anyway but you get my point. Who could argue that you made a bad decision. Your son is thriving and is successful.

As for Fulton- don't know if we are ready or not. I have lost 2 starting linemen, one broke his foot in a recent scrimmage and one broke his arm in practice last week. They are so hard to score on and your defense made them aware of some glaring weaknesses they had on O-they are right on your tail. I have no idea what will happen Tuesday but hopefully we will be there in the end. Good luck with CCYSP-they appear to be improved but you will have no problem with them.

slov, I disagree with that coach from Halls. I think Pilot has destroyed some teams by taking their players but has for the most part greatly enhanced youth football in Knoxville. I stated earlier in this subject that they have raised the bar- kind of like Tiger Woods. But, the league is quickly turning into an AAU basketball type thing with all the recruiting and the Haves and Have Nots appear to be more glaring recently. As far as the number of kids playing now compared to 5 years ago-I doubt that Pilot can lay claim to being the reason for that. And you are right, CBFO HATES to lose!!

Again, I think most people's issues with them is they are so into themselves. For example, AE's pee wees had never lost a game until last year and nothing was ever said good about them or their program. You heard, "they only had one play" or "they just run around the end". when in truth they were smart enough to play to their strengths and only won every game they played. Another example: last year at the awards presentation after the championship game the Pilot coach announced that they had the best QB in the league- this was directly after the game, right in front of the CBFO QB, his friends and family. Not only was it classless and WRONG, IT WAS NOT THE TIME OR PLACE. Even if it was true(it clearly was not)- you say it at your banquet or in private.

I think this is a great league-very competitive and organized. But-there are several good organizations that don't get recognized.